IGNORED

Ebay Ticket Touting

bh_red

Guest Huddersfield Red
This is my reply by email!!!!!

yes, i am willing to pay whatever to get my hands on these tickets.

it looks like its your lucky day sunshine!

We'll have to wait and see what i have to pay. its a sell out so i cant get any anywhere!

Rich,

Well Done - You can sense his excitement at the prospect of getting his hands on your cash. :clap::clap::clap::clap::huh::grr::grr::D:(:(

Yes because its inopropriate advertising.

Tickets are non transferable, end of story.

Whilst I agree with your sympathies I'm not so sure about your legal interpretations!

Is touting actually illegal? What's the difference between me buying a car/house/whatever and then selling it on for a higher price, and doing the same with tickets?

Also, you say that tickets are non-transferable. Does this mean that I can't pass one of my two tickets onto my dad? Do I have to use both my tickets?

Didn't some players get into trouble before as FA cup tickets they were given ended up being sold by touts? they traced the tickets back to them and found they had changed hands several times.

Guest stevey2005

do these people actually have the tickets and are selling them?i havent checked out the links yet so i dont know if they are legit

I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to attempt to circumnavigate the rules by offering them as 'free' either. When I sold my first item on eBay I read all the rules and I'm pretty sure that you weren't allowed to list prohibited items as a freebie (e.g. the guy earlier selling a BIC biro with two free tickets).

Oh, and Dorset_Cider, if you buy him for £80 I assume that you'll be acquiring all of his liabilites as well? Because he owes me a pint.... I have proof:

QUOTE (TomF @ May 15 2004, 09:42 AM)

There will be a pint waiting for you after ref'ing for us last time sir.  :sub:

I'll be with my boss lurking around the bar somewhere 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't want to be offering me pints - we students may never remember anything about our course, but when it comes to people promising alcohol we never forget 

Still, nice to know that there will be some familiar faces around. Here's to a cracking atmosphere!

Unfortunately I was so engrossed in the game (and the four pints I had during the game didn't help) that I forgot to find him and redeem it.

I'm sure that there is a law that means that if people promise you alcohol on a public forum it's legally binding :o:P;)

Oh, and Dorset_Cider, if you buy him for £80 I assume that you'll be acquiring all of his liabilites as well? Because he owes me a pint.... I have proof:

Unfortunately I was so engrossed in the game (and the four pints I had during the game didn't help) that I forgot to find him and redeem it.

I'm sure that there is a law that means that if people promise you alcohol on a public forum it's legally binding :sub::P:o

Yes I'd have to cover that, but as I owe him a pint I guess it would all be even?

Yes I'd have to cover that, but as I owe him a pint I guess it would all be even?
The only was to solve you two fighting over him is to list TomF on ebay and let people bid! :sub: . You can collect him in Cardiff on Sunday.

If there is more than one bidder a substitute maybe available...depending if Luke is playing or not! (Sorry i couldn't resist!)

The only was to solve you two fighting over him is to list TomF on ebay and let people bid! :sub: . You can collect him in Cardiff on Sunday.

If there is more than one bidder a substitute maybe available...depending if Luke is playing or not! (Sorry i couldn't resist!)

Do I get a pen, program or free tickets?

Do I get a pen, program or free tickets?
Nah, what do you want them for as Tom comes with his signed BCFC calendar, please note though it is already nearly 6 months out of date! :sub:

;) Hmm, now you've sent me cross-eyed trying to work that one out  :sub:

Tom owes you a pint, I owe Tom a pint, I cover Toms pint by getting one in for you, Toms debt of a pint to you has been honoured by me, my debt to Tom has been honoured because the pint I owed him has been covered by me getting one in for you......... it's simple but there is one problem for Tom & me.....

You are the only one with a pint!

:o

Tom owes you a pint, I owe Tom a pint, I cover Toms pint by getting one in for you, Toms debt of a pint to you has been honoured by me, my debt to Tom has been honoured because the pint I owed him has been covered by me getting one in for you......... it's simple but there is one problem for Tom & me.....

You are the only one with a pint!

:sub:

OK, OK, after reading that through slowly I think I understand it now!! :o

So where's me pint Dorset_Cider? ;) :Party3:

OK, OK, after reading that through slowly I think I understand it now!!  :o

So where's me pint Dorset_Cider?  :me?:  :Party3:

Sorry mate ......... it's Tom's round...... or we tell his Boss, in song Sunday,

That he was down in the beer garden drinking Thursday ;) when he should have been at his desk.

How about....(to the tune of Imagine)

Imagine....all those people dobbing Tom in, it's easy if you try

He may look like Luke W.... but don't tell him he might cry

You may say I'm a ba#tard, but I'm not the only one

We could all grass him up together

Oi Boss that Tom's in the beer garden thursday

But who cares because come sunday

Bristol City will be in Division 1

I don't think I need a drink :sub:

The only was to solve you two fighting over him is to list TomF on ebay and let people bid! :o . You can collect him in Cardiff on Sunday.

Tom's not for sale, at any price :sub:

Archived