IGNORED

4Pm Press Conference

The Red Planet

Sexton refused to blame players saying that manager chooses formations and tactics,Millen was to blame end of.

Of course. players are never to blame for anything as they would no doubt agree. Glad the Chairman has given them the green light to carry on as normal. Will be very helpful to the new manager I'm sure. When he asks them what the problems have been they can say nothing to do with us Guv with the Chairman's backing.:disapointed2se:

"Hope new candidate does not want a clean sweep of backroom staff. If the candidate has a strong case to bring in one person or maybe more, the club will consider".

Probably the only line I find a worry, might put off some good candidates.

This is what is holding our club back and until someone is given the power to clean the club out we will always be held back.

Oh dear, more of the same then.

Hopefully , if the new manager wants to bring his own staff with him , he will make the club fully aware before any talks start. The last thing we want is for it to go tits up at the last minute due to a bit of wrangling over back room staff.

"Hope new candidate does not want a clean sweep of backroom staff. If the candidate has a strong case to bring in one person or maybe more, the club will consider".

Probably the only line I find a worry, might put off some good candidates.

Agree. It is clear that our recent problems were not just down to Keith Millen but also the coaching staff that have been "coaching" the players over the past 2/3 years.

Admitedly, these guys were good enough coaches when we managed to drag ourselves out of league one but, akin to certain players in the squad, the coaches are now at a higher level and have ultimatley been found wanting. The methods, therories, practices and techniques of coaching are very different the higher the pyramid you go as are the players you are dealing with. To me the likes of Wigley, Walsh, Naylor need to be moved on to allow the new Manager full scope to change the training and coaching ethos of BCFC.

Yes it will cost money but if the board are serious about moving this club forward, this is as intergral a part as getting the right manager

Of course. players are never to blame for anything as they would no doubt agree. Glad the Chairman has given them the green light to carry on as normal. Will be very helpful to the new manager I'm sure. When he asks them what the problems have been they can say nothing to do with us Guv with the Chairman's backing.:disapointed2se:

A good manager will get to the bottom of who was involved in cocking up Millen's tenure. We're about 15 league places below where we should be given the calibre of the players here. There's no injury crisis here this season in a squad of over 30 players, some of the players should be following Millen out the door.

In a nutshell this was what Sexton said:

• Lansdown told Keith Millen via phone call
  • Sexton doesn't think Keith Millen lost the respect of the players.

So Colin is chairman in name only. Steve Lansdown not only calls the shots but the chairman admits it!!!Sounds like Chelski.

How many games is SL coming to these days? Or is he like me and only coming back to the Gate when a decent manager is appointed.

So Colin is chairman in name only. Steve Lansdown not only calls the shots but the chairman admits it!!!Sounds like Chelski.

How many games is SL coming to these days? Or is he like me and only coming back to the Gate when a decent manager is appointed.

1. Steve Lansdown is the owner and major shareholder, so any decision would have to be agreed with him anyway. Now he's in Guernsey it makes sense for someone like Colin to be running the day to day stuff, just something as major as this was always going to have to go past him.

2. Steve is still at all the home games, i've seen him, can't say about away games as i've not been to any yet this season.

The candidate must be experienced, not necessary to have long experience. But must have the drive, ambition and skill set to take the club forward.<li>Can approach a candidate that is employed with another club, but would prefer not to.

City's next oppnents are P'boro', so how about Darren Fergusson?

Archived