IGNORED

Steve Wigely

bcfc_Jamie

I guess its as he can tell the players should be taking the blame for a lot of this.

It does very much appear that way. The way he talks about the board suggests they don't have much of a relationship as well, interesting how he says they not we when talking about getting in a new replacement...

He joined up with Millen at Bristol City in August 2010 and admits he is disappointed with the board's decision to find a new manager.

"It's always a sad day when a good man who works hard loses his job and I think it will be Bristol City's loss in the long run," said Wigley.

"I was confident we could have turned it round but that opportunity is not there now, the board have made a decision and we have to move on.

"He'll be disappointed to leave the club because he gave it a good service, worked very hard but I'm sure his career is only at the beginning."

Think this means Wigley will be on his way out? I don't see how he can say it'll be Bristol Citys loss unless he's on his way out? Really silly comment IMO when we are bottom of the League and just lost 5-0, no signs of turning it around in my eyes.

Think this means Wigley will be on his way out? I don't see how he can say it'll be Bristol Citys loss unless he's on his way out? Really silly comment IMO when we are bottom of the League and just lost 5-0, no signs of turning it around in my eyes.

I think Wigley is just a refreshingly honest man speaking up for a colleague who has lost his job. Listened to in context I think that what he is saying is that Keith Millen will go on to be a successful manager, just not at Bristol City. Seems fair enough.

This is pretty interesting, It seems as though he doesnt expect to be there much longer. Which i hope he isnt, the whole backroom staff need a good shake up! And it seems as though we have a short list now, of applicants who we want to progress further with and he will be in place next week. I think that if we were to get a manager like McClaren, he doesnt have any backrooms staff so Wigley would more than likely stay, but it seems hes not going to be so, hopefully thats the wally out the picture!, hopefully this manager has his own staff, somebody like Dave Jones, Billy Davies or O'Neil (Which i know is a massive long shot, as how expensive he culd be, but stranger thing have happened) so fingers crossed!!

Between this and the Carey interview, I think it points to bigger issues behind the scenes, that were possible out of Millen's control.

Club needs a shake up and a clear out including Coaching Staff, some Senior Players and a couple of the new board members who are out of their depth in their new roles.

Between this and the Carey interview, I think it points to bigger issues behind the scenes, that were possible out of Millen's control.

Club needs a shake up and a clear out including Coaching Staff, some Senior Players and a couple of the new board members who are out of their depth in their new roles.

Yeah doesn't look good, i get the impression there is much bigger problems behind the scenes.

How on earth would you know?!

For me, Wigley has always seemed more interested in England U-21s than city. I know he's involved with both but it would be nice to have an assistant manager who is 100% involved with City.

How exactly? He's always been present at training and games. What more could he do?

Personally I think he's a good asset to the club what with his U21 contacts etc. Doesn't look like he's sticking around though which is probably best in the long run. We need a fresh start.

The lack of any "footballing/sporting background" has been apparent, running a football club like a normal business just isn't possible.

Most club owners/chairman/CEO's have no footballing/sporting background, they're faces of big corporations or people who have been successful outside of football and love the game...

I think Wigley is just a refreshingly honest man speaking up for a colleague who has lost his job. Listened to in context I think that what he is saying is that Keith Millen will go on to be a successful manager, just not at Bristol City. Seems fair enough.

Shows good loyalty to the person that hired him.

Can fault that, just the kind of person you want by your side.

Absolutely so.

For me he comes out of his interview with great credit, he is honest, doesn't shirk his share of the blame and rightly says everyone should take a look at themselves.

I don't think he'll be here as soon as a new man is appointed and that may be right, but watching this I understand why Millen wanted him as his assistant.

For me, Wigley has always seemed more interested in England U-21s than city. I know he's involved with both but it would be nice to have an assistant manager who is 100% involved with City.

Would he be that involved if Stuart Pearce was manager of City?

Archived