IGNORED

St. Johnstone Forum

RegC

Interesting that quite a few of them think DJ will get the job.

However, if otib is anything to go by, hardly any BCFC fans think that is a good idea.

Certainly not me. He's got a good football brain alright, but I can't see him as a manager.

yes but they don't know he's not thought fondly here.

Interesting that quite a few of them think DJ will get the job.

However, if otib is anything to go by, hardly any BCFC fans think that is a good idea.

Certainly not me. He's got a good football brain alright, but I can't see him as a manager.

You've lost me there with your double negatives but, for the record, DM has got 51 votes so far in the forum poll, just 7 behind early leader Dave Jones. If it goes on like this, Mr McIness will be favourite for the job (in a minuscule sample of City fans, granted) some time tonight / tomorrow am.

We're a nothing club accoring to one fool and they are on the way to Europe.. The spl is so dire i cant even be arsed to put it into words, a stadium an attendences on par with many lower end League 1 clubs says it all really. If we came in for him he would be gone no doubt about it. Silly Scots ay.

We're a nothing club accoring to one fool and they are on the way to Europe.. The spl is so dire i cant even be arsed to put it into words, a stadium an attendences on par with many lower end League 1 clubs says it all really. If we came in for him he would be gone no doubt about it. Silly Scots ay.

Well to be honest we are, no one gives two hoots about us, I doubt many people who don't support city even know any of our players. Maybe James at a push, but even the news of that probably bypassed many.

St johnstone have a far greater chance of getting into Europe than we will. So I understand where he is coming from.

Well to be honest we are, no one gives two hoots about us, I doubt many people who don't support city even know any of our players. Maybe James at a push, but even the news of that probably bypassed many.

St johnstone have a far greater chance of getting into Europe than we will. So I understand where he is coming from.

Its the same for any club in England though isn't it.. How many Sheffield Wednesday players can you name? Or Southampton players? We are no more significant or insignificant than the next team unless its a Man U or Chelsea you are talking about.

What im saying is St Johnstone are a small outfit in a shite league. Ok they might get into Europe but so did Shamrock Rovers, does that make them more attractive tha a Chapionship team? No..

Not saying i do want this bloke (dont know much about him at all to be realy honest) but i just would be very confident that if we came knocking he would come.

Its the same for any club in England though isn't it.. How many Sheffield Wednesday players can you name? Or Southampton players? We are no more significant or insignificant than the next team unless its a Man U or Chelsea you are talking about.

What im saying is St Johnstone are a small outfit in a shite league. Ok they might get into Europe but so did Shamrock Rovers, does that make them more attractive tha a Chapionship team? No..

Not saying i do want this bloke (dont know much about him at all to be realy honest) but i just would be very confident that if we came knocking he would come.

I'd say there's more chance of people naming players of those clubs than us. We are a nothing club to most I guess. Nothing against us it's just fact.

We may be a nothing club at the moment but we have the potential. St Johnstone are a much smaller club and will never catch the old firm. The SPL is awful but if they do get into Europe then they'll end up with a hammering from some Croatian club or something. Saying that it would be nice to be in Europe, just with a team who can compete. Any who, I can honestly say I'd never heard of McInnes until the past few days so it won't bother me if we miss out on him.

We may be a nothing club at the moment but we have the potential. St Johnstone are a much smaller club and will never catch the old firm. The SPL is awful but if they do get into Europe then they'll end up with a hammering from some Croatian club or something. Saying that it would be nice to be in Europe, just with a team who can compete. Any who, I can honestly say I'd never heard of McInnes until the past few days so it won't bother me if we miss out on him.

Who had heard of Ferguson when he started managing. Who had heard of Mourinho when he started? If people are so narrow minded and blinkered about who we should have as manager we could be missing out on the next great manager.

St Johnstone could be living the dream of playing in Europe, the nearest we get to Living the dream was when Russe et al spouted BS all those years ago. I would like city to get hammered by a Croatian side, i fear i will never see that in my lifetime. Fair play St Johnstone, at least there fans have something to shout out about no matter how much smaller than us they are perceived to be! B

We can BS ourselves as much as we like, but we will more than likely never achieve much, with our turn over, and financial fair play coming in soon, Lansdown and all his millions will cont for nowt. We are a small club, with a small fan base, we won't get the fans through the gates to increase our turn over. it is time we admit to ourselves we are small and stop filling our heads with visions of grandeur

I think a lot is made of the low quality of the SPL, but from what I've seen of the championship, it's no better and there's a lot of hype - it's still division two whatever fancy name you give it.

They may have a smaller ground and attendances, but given we have a catchment area of around 2m our attendances are crap and amongst the bottom 4 or 5 in the championship.

Just a few home truths.

Their manager would be barking to come here - Celtic will come knocking soon.

If he wants to head to England in the long-term though then Celtic might not be the best route. he might want a stepping stone club. Just an idea. I think we are reasonably attractive to managers who want to build a reputation - largest unencumbered catchment area in europe, new stadium probably on way, owner with money and stated ambition to take us into the Premier League and quite obviously scope for improvement in our current league position. In some ways, we are more of a proposition than forest in terms of just building a reputation for yourself as a manager.

Anyway, it's just really good to see some doncaster and st johnston fans sticking up for McInnes and O'Driscoll on this forum as over the past few days there have been a lot of dubious "Ive spoken to fans in Scotland" or "Ive got 75 mates from Doncaster and Exeter" "and they all say McInnes/Tisdale/O'Driscoll is sh*t/overrated/plays rubbish football/lucky.. blah, blah, blah."

Just because McInnes is rated by his own fans doesnt mean he can transfer his success into a second job, I'll accept, but for me it's a good sign. Really good to see we might be after someone who is so highly rated by his own fans. Very rare to see such consensus amongst one fanbase - see this forum for details!

I think a lot is made of the low quality of the SPL, but from what I've seen of the championship, it's no better and there's a lot of hype - it's still division two whatever fancy name you give it.

They may have a smaller ground and attendances, but given we have a catchment area of around 2m our attendances are crap and amongst the bottom 4 or 5 in the championship.

Just a few home truths.

Their manager would be barking to come here - Celtic will come knocking soon.

Highly unlikely, he's an ex-Rangers man.

And how long does it take for potential to be reality ? I've been reading about our potential for the last 30 years and more, and they were probably saying the same 50, 60 or 70 years ago.

Well I reckon you need to have the potential first Cynic, and every time we look like we "may" have potential, we go and screw it up and end up getting relegated.

The last time I think we had potential was the first/second season when we went up under Jordan, Lumsden took us so far, bought in Dziekanowski, then Smith got Cole, that was the last time I feel we truly think we could have pushed on. But the purchases in defence were rubbish. If we had pushed on, we could have been in at the start of the Premier League, and god only knows what could have happened if we had gone up then, the money had just started to role into the game then.

But what happened? We went through a managerial merry-go-round and two boards ****ed it all up.

I don't really think the potential is here, even under Johnson, we were incredibly lucky to get to the play offs, the football was dire and most weeks it was backs to the wall and eek out a 1-0 win.

Ho Hum, maybe when I get to 70 it will have changed!

And how long does it take for potential to be reality ? I've been reading about our potential for the last 30 years and more, and they were probably saying the same 50, 60 or 70 years ago.

Ok so what are you saying? Forget about the potential thing then, lets just stay a nothing club? I was trying to defend our club, I'd rather be in our position than St Johnstones, how about you?

Ok so what are you saying? Forget about the potential thing then, lets just stay a nothing club? I was trying to defend our club, I'd rather be in our position than St Johnstones, how about you?

Third in their top Divison, us Bottom in our 2nd division? Strange question.

Who had heard of Ferguson when he started managing. Who had heard of Mourinho when he started? If people are so narrow minded and blinkered about who we should have as manager we could be missing out on the next great manager.

St Johnstone could be living the dream of playing in Europe, the nearest we get to Living the dream was when Russe et al spouted BS all those years ago. I would like city to get hammered by a Croatian side, i fear i will never see that in my lifetime. Fair play St Johnstone, at least there fans have something to shout out about no matter how much smaller than us they are perceived to be! B

We can BS ourselves as much as we like, but we will more than likely never achieve much, with our turn over, and financial fair play coming in soon, Lansdown and all his millions will cont for nowt. We are a small club, with a small fan base, we won't get the fans through the gates to increase our turn over. it is time we admit to ourselves we are small and stop filling our heads with visions of grandeur

I get what you mean about managers have to start some where, very true. I don't understand the next bit though? Would you rather be in St. Johnstones position in the football world or ours? I would pick ours.

I get what you mean about managers have to start some where, very true. I don't understand the next bit though? Would you rather be in St. Johnstones position in the football world or ours? I would pick ours.

Well, it depends, If I was Scottish i would rather support a scottish club and vice versa. They are living their dream and can get into europe, they are at the probably the pinnicle of their history. So I would rather be in their position just to say i saw it. I fear I will never see city in a position St Johnstone have got themselves in.

Us in the best league pyramid in the world, them in a league system with only 1 decent league and it'd not even that decent. Strange reply.

Yes, but at least they are at the top of theirs, the way we are going we could be at the third tier of ours. So at this moment in Time I would rather be in St Jonstone's place. It is about the league and Team you support. Not comparing 2 leagues. All that matters is your team is doing well no matter what league you are in, because you cannot change the football league you are in, you can only try and achieve the best position in it.

Well, it depends, If I was Scottish i would rather support a scottish club and vice versa. They are living their dream and can get into europe, they are at the probably the pinnicle of their history. So I would rather be in their position just to say i saw it. I fear I will never see city in a position St Johnstone have got themselves in.

Ok I get where you're coming from. We'll have to agree to disagree I guess? One thing though, St Johnstone will never experience a wembley cup final and I've experience 2 with City. I guess that's why football is the greatest game in world, so many different things on offer to experience.

Ok I get where you're coming from. We'll have to agree to disagree I guess? One thing though, St Johnstone will never experience a wembley cup final and I've experience 2 with City. I guess that's why football is the greatest game in world, so many different things on offer to experience.

Damn right, some good memories down the years :)

And when are Man U ever likely to win the Freight Rover? Never i tell you! :)

Don't mention those damn play offs though!

Damn right, some good memories down the years :)

And when are Man U ever likely to win the Freight Rover? Never i tell you! :)

Don't mention those damn play offs though!

Well I will say this about the play offs, the 2 recent home leg wins v Hartlepool and Palace, best nights ever! The finals, worst days ever! I remember going to work the next day and obviously looking upset and a collegue asked if my misses had left me or something? I said no, something far more serious, we lost the play off final! They didn't like footy so the don't understand that losing a play off final is much much worse than losing a girlfriend!

Well I will say this about the play offs, the 2 recent home leg wins v Hartlepool and Palace, best nights ever! The finals, worst days ever! I remember going to work the next day and obviously looking upset and a collegue asked if my misses had left me or something? I said no, something far more serious, we lost the play off final! They didn't like footy so the don't understand that losing a play off final is much much worse than losing a girlfriend!

Well i went to that Brighton game, and the other half of my family are Brighton fans!! imagine the drive back to my house where they were staying the night. I nearly made them walk.

The Hartlepool game was awful, but the last 10 mins.... And who can forget the Dolman shaking and dust blowing up from under it after Freezer and Roberts scored. I still preferred the 3-1 Chelsea game, and for pure weirdness being at Coventry 2-2 with Jimmy hill shouting over the tannoy that (Sunderland I think) had draw and if it stayed 2-2 both cov and city would stay up! That is the most surreal experience in all my time watching city.

Easy now son.. Two SPL clubs have reached Euro finals in the last 10 years.. Can't be that dire.. As for attendances,up here we don't win points for crowd size. Obviously you do in England. Someone said on here that Bristol is the 6 th biggest city in England. Well if that's the case it surprises me that you are only getting 12k at home. Perth has a population of around 45k and and our average attendance is about 4200. Just under 10% . Bristol has 450k and your getting 12k (even with two teams that's pretty poor)

If your gonna enter a pissin contest, best make sure you have a dick...

Now lets try and stay friendly eh... ;)

Easy now son.. Two SPL clubs have reached Euro finals in the last 10 years.. Can't be that dire.. As for attendances,up here we don't win points for crowd size. Obviously you do in England. Someone said on here that Bristol is the 6 th biggest city in England. Well if that's the case it surprises me that you are only getting 12k at home. Perth has a population of around 45k and and our average attendance is about 4200. Just under 10% . Bristol has 450k and your getting 12k (even with two teams that's pretty poor)

If your gonna enter a pissin contest, best make sure you have a dick...

Now lets try and stay friendly eh... ;)

:laugh:

I don't like getting my socks wet, so no pissin here.

You summed up city perfectly. Too many of our fans are blind to it.

Good to see someone using there head on this..We ARE having a good season ( but it is VERY early days) but as for reaching our pinnacle, nah probably not. We have reached a cup final as recently as 1998, reached about 10 cup semi-finals in the last 20 years, finished 3rd in the SPL in 1999 and have played Monaco in the Uefa cup with there side containing such players as David Treseguet, Fabia Barthez, Marco Simone, Willy sangol and John Arne Riise.The home leg finished 3-3 and for 70 minutes in Monaco it was 0-0 ( finished 3-0). Indeed we have played 5 Euro ties at home and have the distinction of never having lost..

It's a shame when some folk decide to diss a team they know little about ( and I include some of our fans in that group) but hey, that's life I suppose..

The only thing that made it worse for me was it was an old fart that scored just the one goal and shattered our dreams that game

You need to remember that to many of us, Scottish football is, Rangers, The Irish mob, Hibernian and Hearts. No one takes an interest in the other three and a half leagues, or whatever it may be.

And in turn a scotsman will probably only take note of maybe the top 6 clubs in England.

To that extent, he believes we are nothing; we are no one. After all, what have we done in footballing terms? Probably, our biggest claim to national fame is going bust back in the '80s??

I've supported City since 67/68, and the one achievement served up consistently is disappointment! Punctuated with the odd celebration.

We only think we're bigger fish because Bristol City is our team.

Our local team.

Our BIG RED MACHINE

Archived