IGNORED

St. Johnstone Forum

RegC

You need to remember that to many of us, Scottish football is, Rangers, The Irish mob, Hibernian and Hearts. No one takes an interest in the other three and a half leagues, or whatever it may be.

And in turn a scotsman will probably only take note of maybe the top 6 clubs in England.

To that extent, he believes we are nothing; we are no one. After all, what have we done in footballing terms? Probably, our biggest claim to national fame is going bust back in the '80s??

I've supported City since 67/68, and the one achievement served up consistently is disappointment! Punctuated with the odd celebration.

We only think we're bigger fish because Bristol City is our team.

Our local team.

Our BIG RED MACHINE

That may well be the case, but we did win the Anglo Scottish cup in the good old days :clapping:

Whenever people I meet ask me who I support the only thing they tend to say is, oh shit team, good mob!

I'd like us to be slightly more respected as a football club!!!!

I tend to get "city or rovers, oh it doesn't matter they are just as shite as one another" now we maybe shite, but we're not effing shite, is what I like to point out.

You need to remember that to many of us, Scottish football is, Rangers, The Irish mob, Hibernian and Hearts. No one takes an interest in the other three and a half leagues, or whatever it may be.

And in turn a scotsman will probably only take note of maybe the top 6 clubs in England.

To that extent, he believes we are nothing; we are no one. After all, what have we done in footballing terms? Probably, our biggest claim to national fame is going bust back in the '80s??

I've supported City since 67/68, and the one achievement served up consistently is disappointment! Punctuated with the odd celebration.

We only think we're bigger fish because Bristol City is our team.

Our local team.

Our BIG RED MACHINE

I know this has been trotted out several times before, but it is worth repeating.

As you know, the Premier League is exclusive to England and (now with Swansea in). + Wales.

Bristol is the seventh largest city in England and of those top 7, the only city never to have hosted at least one Prem League side.

When you think of Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Norwich and Wolverhampton, these are all areas with far lower population catchment areas than ours.

Given that about 3M people are living within our catchment area, I have no doubt we could easily fill a 30K stadium.

That is, IF we were in the Prem.

Dream on fellow fans, but I think we will get there (new stadium + prem) within three years.

Always Believe ! (thanks to you Adriano Basso for that).

Afterthought - I counted at least 5 great saves from Basso when we played Hull. Why did we let him go ?

I remember now, he thought he was good enough to play at the top level, Subbing for Wolves was as far as he got.

Hi a super J fan in peace. Some of the comments about the spl, crowd sizes and the poor standard of football is justifiable. However let's remember the track record Saints have of produce managers. Two Scotland managers started their careers at Perth ( willie ormond being the only scots manager to be undefeated at WC). Sturrock who took Plymouth for 4th division to the brink of the Premier League and our latest export Owen Coyle who took burnley from nowhere to the Premier League. Del has previously been offered the WBA job and rejected it. By the way more Scottish managers have won the Premier League than any other nationality, just a thought to bear in mind. I don't want Del to leave mid-season like OC, however the chairman played a blinder promoted Del so maybe he's thinking jody Morris (remember him!!) will take the job on.

Hi a super J fan in peace. Some of the comments about the spl, crowd sizes and the poor standard of football is justifiable. However let's remember the track record Saints have of produce managers. Two Scotland managers started their careers at Perth ( willie ormond being the only scots manager to be undefeated at WC). Sturrock who took Plymouth for 4th division to the brink of the Premier League and our latest export Owen Coyle who took burnley from nowhere to the Premier League. Del has previously been offered the WBA job and rejected it. By the way more Scottish managers have won the Premier League than any other nationality, just a thought to bear in mind. I don't want Del to leave mid-season like OC, however the chairman played a blinder promoted Del so maybe he's thinking jody Morris (remember him!!) will take the job on.

What job did McInness have before being your gaffer then??

Never thought of that, could well be down here for talks :fingerscrossed:

Or with it being an international weekend he could be on a scouting mission. Or he could be discussing terms with Messi re his impending move to Perth. Or he could be spending some time with his family. Or he could be having an extra-marital holiday with a supermodel.

Most likely though - he's getting a handle from Fergie about his move to Old Trafford when Fergie retires at the end of the season :laughcont:

Or with it being an international weekend he could be on a scouting mission. Or he could be discussing terms with Messi re his impending move to Perth. Or he could be spending some time with his family. Or he could be having an extra-marital holiday with a supermodel.

Most likely though - he's getting a handle from Fergie about his move to Old Trafford when Fergie retires at the end of the season :laughcont:

I think it's fair to say 100% of that is rubbish, internationals haven't even started yet.

I think it's fair to say 100% of that is rubbish, internationals haven't even started yet.

Not a fan of irony then? In all seriousness Del not doing media work this week means nothing. In the past during international week he has been away to internationals on scouting missions or working on his next level of coaching badge. And what makes you think Messi oming to Perth is rubbish - it's well known in these parts that our Lionel is a massive Saintee and we are the only club he would leave Barca for.

Not a fan of irony then? In all seriousness Del not doing media work this week means nothing. In the past during international week he has been away to internationals on scouting missions or working on his next level of coaching badge. And what makes you think Messi oming to Perth is rubbish - it's well known in these parts that our Lionel is a massive Saintee and we are the only club he would leave Barca for.

I believe Lionel said and I quote " when I make £250million I will move to the beautiful city of Perth and play my remaining days at the Super J's".

Seriously the doc does his fair share of media interviews so him doing them today means nothing. Someone send compo would be around £250k based on what we got for OC, but DMc is in a higher league and has a better record in management than OC so I wud be looking a nice £1m and I would not be surprised that this isn't the figure in Mr Brown's mind. He needs to top up our bank balance as we may have to start using the overdraft for Xmas!

I believe Lionel said and I quote " when I make £250million I will move to the beautiful city of Perth and play my remaining days at the Super J's".

Seriously the doc does his fair share of media interviews so him doing them today means nothing. Someone send compo would be around £250k based on what we got for OC, but DMc is in a higher league and has a better record in management than OC so I wud be looking a nice £1m and I would not be surprised that this isn't the figure in Mr Brown's mind. He needs to top up our bank balance as we may have to start using the overdraft for Xmas!

No chance of City paying anything like that I'd imagine, I would think a quarter of that tops.

Archived