IGNORED

James Wilson

Steve Watts

I don't have an issue with him getting the deal, i think he's well worth it, But i do have an issue doing it with a new manager not yet in who's assessed the squad. That's a terrible thing to do IMO. I just feel we haven't learned much. Maybe we're paranoid about the Rosenior situation happening again though.

We can't end up in a situation where a manager has a tonne of players recently signed he doesn't want to play. One of Millen's issues was him signing those players himself :P

Its probably just confirmation of his initial contract after a spell of fist team probation... Wilson is a good tackler and a steady defender but his distribution needs a lot of work...has scope though..

I don't have an issue with him getting the deal, i think he's well worth it, But i do have an issue doing it with a new manager not yet in who's assessed the squad. That's a terrible thing to do IMO. I just feel we haven't learned much. Maybe we're paranoid about the Rosenior situation happening again though.

We can't end up in a situation where a manager has a tonne of players recently signed he doesn't want to play. One of Millen's issues was him signing those players himself :P

I agree completely. Doesn't send right message to the new manager, who may not rate him then we're stuck with another 3 year contract!

Not saying James doesn't deserve just not the right timing. It should be up to him to judge who gets new contracts and who doesn't.

Personally I think we need a whole new back four for next season but not holding my breath.

James Wilson has signed a contract extension tying him to the club until 2014. It's been a very positive week so far! Long may it continue along the same vein!

Class player full stop, has the new manager been told about this?, a player given a contract extension without the new manager accessing the squad.

I don't see the issue everyone's having with this. It happens all the time in the Prem with players signing for millions without a manager. Chelsea are a good example of that. Can't remember who it was, but they've signed 3 or 4 players over the past few years whilst between managers.

We need to keep hold of our best players and Willo has the potential to fall into that category. If a new man comes in and doesn't see that then the new man is the wrong man!

got the right partner in nyatanga youre having a laugh nyatanga aint championship quality bucket of shite wouldnt get in my team when he gets booked its just a case of how long until the red card

What??? He's been by far our best and most consistent player so far this year and if Fontaine ever returns i wouldn't play him anyway.

Archived