IGNORED

Micky Mellon

Tony Montana

The last thing this Club needs is anyone who has had City connections in the past.

Bring in New blood, fresh ideas and get rid of all the backroom staff who have either been here for years, or achieved nothing of merit.

This Club has been run along the lines of a village team for years giving jobs to people who have played for us in the past. What have BCFC ever achieved...how many players of note have we had over the years? Nada..nothing. We need to aim higher.

Let's not belittle him as he was never going to get a league managerial position so he couldn't have been more successful than he has been. I hope he gets his chance in the league and does well but it's probably too early to consider him this time. I'm not advocating him at all but if the board took a very detailed look and saw a drive to succeed and special managerial talent that explained his three non-league promotions then I'd rather have an appointment like that compared to some of the tired regular names in the betting - who knows he might be one of those rare managers who has a nose for discovering hidden talent that would succeed at higher levels. I remember him as a skillful and creative player. As I say it wouldn't be the right appointment in the current situation but if he has something special going for him as a manager then he would be better than a few of the run of the mill media name candidates that come up with every vacancy.

Micky Mellon made his City debut on the day I brought my son home from the hospital , 2 days after he was born (my son , not MM). I remember driving back from Southmead and my Mrs laughing at his name (MM , not my son). Almost 22 years to the day , his name is back in the EP , could be a sign !!!

The last thing this Club needs is anyone who has had City connections in the past.

You'd turn down David Moyes then?

Mark Robins has City connections too, and Dave Jones is good mates with Gary Johnson.

I agree with you that we shouldn't just be employing, say, Louis Carey purely because he's a good City bloke, but some connection is inevitable in such a small and insular business.

You'd turn down David Moyes then?

Mark Robins has City connections too, and Dave Jones is good mates with Gary Johnson.

I agree with you that we shouldn't just be employing, say, Louis Carey purely because he's a good City bloke, but some connection is inevitable in such a small and insular business.

Tbh...I wouldn't want any of them. Yes Moyes is a great manager, but we need to clean the slate, and move away from people who have had connections with the Club.

It's been our downfall...it's not worked before, so we need to change things completely in my book. Why keep banging along with the same old thing. Coppell was a good choice...and we were on a high. Press, media, interest, fervour, dark horses, respect...etc,etc. OK, it didn't work out, but that sort of appointment is needed again to kick start this Club, or we are steadily going to go backwards and end up a League 1 side again. Can honestly see it happening. I'd even welcome a new owner. Now that will set the cat among the pidgeons.

Fleetwood Town fan in peace,read the local rag while working down here,Micky has down a fantastic job at Fleetwood taking the club from bottom of Blue Square North to were they sit today 2nd in Blue Square Premier,win on Saturday they go top,I think we can stay there,so do the bookmakers (2-1 fav),they have a 60% win rate.It is inevitable he will go to a Football league club,I'm still hoping it is with Fleetwood,but ambition and all that,Mickys teams play attractive,attacking football.Cod Army..

Fleetwood Town fan in peace,read the local rag while working down here,Micky has down a fantastic job at Fleetwood taking the club from bottom of Blue Square North to were they sit today 2nd in Blue Square Premier,win on Saturday they go top,I think we can stay there,so do the bookmakers (2-1 fav),they have a 60% win rate.It is inevitable he will go to a Football league club,I'm still hoping it is with Fleetwood,but ambition and all that,Mickys teams play attractive,attacking football.Cod Army..

Did he really sign off ..Cod Army???

Dave Moyes??? He could bu99er me senseless without lube provided he bacame City manager, man's a genius, despite being a Jock. Plus he was ace for City when he played here :worship2: .

I think you had better get in touch with Sexstone then, because at the moment all that's on the table for the new man is a basic salary, bonuses and a relocation allowance!

I'm sure that no one would object if you want to strike a personal arrangement with the manager, although I have to ask whether you would have offered the same deal to Steve Coppel :shocking:

Tbh...I wouldn't want any of them. Yes Moyes is a great manager, but we need to clean the slate, and move away from people who have had connections with the Club.

It's been our downfall...it's not worked before, so we need to change things completely in my book. Why keep banging along with the same old thing. Coppell was a good choice...and we were on a high. Press, media, interest, fervour, dark horses, respect...etc,etc. OK, it didn't work out, but that sort of appointment is needed again to kick start this Club, or we are steadily going to go backwards and end up a League 1 side again. Can honestly see it happening. I'd even welcome a new owner. Now that will set the cat among the pidgeons.

You would seriously not want Moyes if he ever become available?!

Micky Mellon - Could be a very interesting appointment.

Coppell was a good choice...and we were on a high. Press, media, interest, fervour, dark horses, respect...etc,etc. OK, it didn't work out, but that sort of appointment is needed again to kick start this Club, or we are steadily going to go backwards and end up a League 1 side again

Slight flaw in this argument is that it was based on our owner chucking about £10M per year at the Club. Without that level of backing, we have to rely on a different approach, something called living within our means! I think if anyone else wanted to run City and chuck money at the Club, I think SL would happily walk away, whether there is anyone that stupid out there is highly doubtful.

Let's join the real World, we are bottom of the Championship with a poor squad, and finances in a bad way.

I remember standing outside the Rising Sun after City have played Blackpool . The Blackpool coach stopped at the chip shop and the players got off to get some chips and for some unknown reason when the players were getting back on the coach Micky Mellon starting making the wa*nking gesture and giving it the Liam Gallagher to City fans having a quite drink outside the pub.

So when the coach passed the the pub it was meet by glasses and bottles and an Evil Post headline "City fans ambush Blackpool team Coach".

This unpleasant incident was all the fault of Mr Mellon .

Archived