IGNORED

Dave Jones Turned The Job Down?

Andy082005

After 24 years of supporting this club I think our appointment will be the make or break of if I can continue supporting this club, if Dave Jones really isn't interested, McInnes isn't 100% and Davies didn't even apply then it really sums up the real problem with this club and it's not the supporters not "rallying together", it's the board and their a** backwards mindset.

Sad day when I'll say this but right now I'd love for this club to be bought out by a wealthy owner.

I'm also resigned to the likely hood of us being a league one club next season if the manager situation is as suggested.

I think this indicates the fundamental divide amongst City fans. For some, myself included, being bought out by a wealthy owner, if that implies joining the sort of financial rat-race we see at other clubs, would be the last thing I'd want. I think Robins would be a reasonable appointment, but I'm shocked that there are City fans whose commitment is so slight that they would throw their toys out of the pram and not support the club if they didn't get the manager they wanted. Is that the action of a true fan? And who can tell how successful a manager will be without giving them a chance? I remember all the opposition to Gary Johnson in the early days (some idiots were still referring to 'the jury being out' on Gary Johnson, even after he'd managed us to a comfortable position in his first season) and can see this happening again. It's sad, but to be honest I think the club is better of without supporters who act like this. Good riddance, I say.

just wait and see this coming monday lunch time.

you may have some knowledge of the Robins situation but i doubt very much anyone outside that board would tell you or anyone else what remarks were made over a lunch.

In short, you can say anything you want about the rest of the bunch because you have some info on robins or are simply putting 2 and 2 together as he is being punted as the favourite.

either way, you sound like any other lazy journo spouting so called factual info but not releasing sources and then watching a bunch of fans start talking about it as if 'oh, wow, well thats that then, no city bottle etc'...

stop playing to people's emotions and either come clean or b----er off.

dave jones was interviewed but pulled out. Davies has not applied. McInnes met the club over lunch but did not seem 100% interested. Chris Coleman applied to. Mark Robins looks to take over.

Now confirmed by the chairmen as complete bullshit. I reckon that's two records broken. One for the most bullshit in one post, and another for how quickly it was proven so.

Dave Jones is a contender for the Bristol City job, skysports.com can confirm.

It is understood that the former Cardiff and Wolves boss has spoken with Ashton Gate chiefs as they look to find a replacement for Keith Millen, who left the club last week.

At the moment the Robins are talking with a number of managers, all of whom are out of work.

Jones has now emerged as one of the leading contenders, but it remains to be seen if the two parties can agree terms.

Former Barnsley manager Mark Robins and ex-Hibernian boss John Hughes are also believed to have held talks.

http://www.skysports..._medium=twitter

Not shooting the messenger (but rather, Sky Sports)...

Dave Jones is a contender for the Bristol City job, skysports.com can confirm.

It is understood...

Sounds like BS to me... Think they're spending to much time on this forum...

He should have ordered something he liked then.

Was it the starter or main course he took a dislike to? I think we should be told....

It may well be the case as someone said previously that McInnes does have a brilliant agent as he is regularly linked with jobs he doesn't actually get. On his track record I'd be happy with him, though.

To be honest with the exception of Adie Boothroyd, I can tolerate any of the others mentioned, though O'Driscoll coming to us on the back of his recent struggle at Doncaster would worry me.

Davies, Jones or Robins would all be ok by me.

Was it the starter or main course he took a dislike to? I think we should be told....

It may well be the case as someone said previously that McInnes does have a brilliant agent as he is regularly linked with jobs he doesn't actually get. On his track record I'd be happy with him, though.

To be honest with the exception of Adie Boothroyd, I can tolerate any of the others mentioned, though O'Driscoll coming to us on the back of his recent struggle at Doncaster would worry me.

Davies, Jones or Robins would all be ok by me.

I dont think Al's Tikka Grill had neeps and tatties on the menu.

On the subject of the manager , whoever it is will not be accepted by some of our supporters , but needs backing all the same. The first part of his mission will be to keep us in this league and get the team playing decent football and working hard. Once the summer comes and we lose half our squad , they must be the sort of manager who can attract decent players. An interesting 10 months or so are ahead of us.

Not shooting the messenger (but rather, Sky Sports)...

Sounds like BS to me... Think they're spending to much time on this forum...

Aren't we all!!!!!!!!

Is it me or is there an awful lot of new joiners on here?

Does being bottom attract new supporters?!

So just cas ive recently signed up on an un-official site, to join in with some of the discussions makes my point invalid does it?

Being a season ticket holder makes no difference then?

I bet your one of those who goes to a game now and again when city are doing well, but first to slag people off..

clearly you are, by your cheap comment

So just cas ive recently signed up on an un-official site, to join in with some of the discussions makes my point invalid does it?

Being a season ticket holder makes no difference then?

I bet your one of those who goes to a game now and again when city are doing well, but first to slag people off..

clearly you are, by your cheap comment

Please guys, let's not turn this into another childish bitching & bickering and an "I'm a better fan than you" thread... It get's so tedious. Let's stick to the topic...

Please guys, let's not turn this into another childish bitching & bickering and an "I'm a better fan than you" thread... It get's so tedious. Let's stick to the topic...

Totally agree Phil.. I just didn't agree with Hicksy-BCFC's comment. Thought it was rather unfair and that I had to comment back about it.

Back on topic now then..

I heard today from the mouth of our Chairman that nobody has turned it down or been offered the job... Make of that what you will....:innocent06:

Yeah I forgot....our chairman always speaks the truth.

I'll rephrase it then, Dave Jones wanted a longer contract then City were prepared to offer.

Whether it got as far as a negotiating stage, I don't know. Whether it was his advisors or him, they wanted a 5 year contract.

So Colin may be telling the truth....it may not as got as far as an offer for him to even turn down

Now confirmed by the chairmen as complete bullshit. I reckon that's two records broken. One for the most bullshit in one post, and another for how quickly it was proven so.

Your always going to believe what a chairman says? We'll have to wait and see come monday lunch time!

Chairmen very rarely admit truth in rumours etc. Such as a couple of years ago after GJ got sacked there were 'problems' in the dressing room afterwards. SL said nothing happeneded between GJ and the players. When in fact it did. Even my post got deleted when I told what happended on this public forum.

I think this indicates the fundamental divide amongst City fans. For some, myself included, being bought out by a wealthy owner, if that implies joining the sort of financial rat-race we see at other clubs, would be the last thing I'd want. I think Robins would be a reasonable appointment, but I'm shocked that there are City fans whose commitment is so slight that they would throw their toys out of the pram and not support the club if they didn't get the manager they wanted. Is that the action of a true fan? And who can tell how successful a manager will be without giving them a chance? I remember all the opposition to Gary Johnson in the early days (some idiots were still referring to 'the jury being out' on Gary Johnson, even after he'd managed us to a comfortable position in his first season) and can see this happening again. It's sad, but to be honest I think the club is better of without supporters who act like this. Good riddance, I say.

Loves this post... it seems that people just want a "name", I remember Everton fans moaning that they appointed David Moyes as he had only managed Preston....he has done ok though and Paul Lambert at Norwich he was the same, managed small clubs before and the fans weren't overjoyed at the appointment but look at them now !!!!

Look at the "names" that have struggled...Shearer, McClaren ( at Forest ) Roy Keane, Southgate etc etc. I would go for pedigree, someone who has done well with a small budget, not sure about Robbins but Cotterill foots the bill

Your always going to believe what a chairman says? We'll have to wait and see come monday lunch time!

Chairmen very rarely admit truth in rumours etc. Such as a couple of years ago after GJ got sacked there were 'problems' in the dressing room afterwards. SL said nothing happeneded between GJ and the players. When in fact it did. Even my post got deleted when I told what happended on this public forum.

Of course you were the fly in the dressing room wern't you.. why would the chairman lie??

Yeah I forgot....our chairman always speaks the truth.

I'll rephrase it then, Dave Jones wanted a longer contract then City were prepared to offer.

Whether it got as far as a negotiating stage, I don't know. Whether it was his advisors or him, they wanted a 5 year contract.

So Colin may be telling the truth....it may not as got as far as an offer for him to even turn down

Tbh if he did want a

five year deal i would have said no. vert few managers get five year deals these days.

Archived