IGNORED

Steve Cotterill

Andy082005

Steve Cotterill should have been here years ago. Absolutely the right man for our club. Get him in NOW!

Ive always liked him too, up for getting his hands dirty, getting stuck in and calling a spade a spade. Could imagine he,d see this as a real goer - may not be tearing up trees at pompey but its often about the right man at the right place at the right time, for players and managers. For first time in week feel 100% sure on who would like.

After Coppell I think we better steer clear of Cotterill, he quit Stoke after a few games to go to Sunderland as an assistant.

Plenty more games than coppell and he was approached by a bigger club in a higher division.

AND he can spot a quality keeper on a free (unfortunately for us!!!!!).

I might be the only one, but I wouldn't mind at all if he got the job...

You're not on your own, seems those who dont want him are against his percieved brand of football (physical and direct).

My thoughts are that's exactly the way we should be playing right now.

Perhaps he could bring Henderson back with him and solve our goalkeeping issues..........

I might be the only one, but I wouldn't mind at all if he got the job...

I'm a fan of Cotterills, I think he's been a decent manager wherever he's been. The Portsmouth job has been exceptional all things considered. His likes his physical players no question, but the type of football is a mixture of direct and passing, if it was all long ball he wouldn't be managing in this league for so long.

Archived