IGNORED

Colin Sexstone Interview - Interesting Points....

bangers

Interesting things he said:

No manager under contract has been FORMALLY contacted. But there have been initial talks.....Mcinnes? Expects there to be more talks monday, before the final 2 confirmed for Monday evening....clearly the majority of interest is in managers out of work.

Some managers have approached themselves, some have through 1 agent, some through 2 or 3 agents from not just England.....Some big-ish names made contact????

Names he expected to apply havent, even so we wouldnt have been interested.....SURELY BILLY DAVIES?????

Put huge emphasis on Lambert and Rogers success....is this a hint that we are looking at up and comers not just the obvious??? Again, Mcinnes? Robinson?

Said that the decision was huge, and we MUST get it right.....surely this rules out the likes of Mark Robins, O'Driscoll......they are middle of the road that dont sem to inspire confidence??

Thoughts?????

I think your fears are probably right.

Although we do have money in theory to spend, through SL, I think he realises because of the World Recession and the type of business he is in, that the economy is very volitile right now, and is set to become worse. It does look very bleak tbh.

With that in mind, I think the board and SL will be looking for a manager who can work with middle of the road type players and up and coming players.

All is quiet regarding the Stadium...which i think will have a big impact on our future and what manager comes here.

Any manager wanting the job, will be asking what money will be made available and whether i can bring in my own backroom staff.

Also will he have to work with what we have got or be made to still offload the likes of Hunt, Cisse, Stewart, Clarkson, Johnson etc.

Whether we choose to believe it or not, Coppell hinted that there was interferance and promises broken. I've also heard this through Football Agent aquintences.

Any manager coming here, will be grilling the Club as much as they are grilling him. They will want to know why Coppell left and if promises were broken. The management mullarky is a small world and word gets around.

A club can ruin a managers reputation as much as a manager can ruin a club, so it's a two edged sword.

Money restraints i can see being the biggest issue, and whether the manager will be left alone to get on with the job.

Why dont people read other threads before posting a new topic !!!!!

yes i signed up just to vent my frustration at this

Have you read that thread? It's all over the place. Same old shit as usual. With Gems like this...

"I'm sorry but Bristol City are a small club, always will be a small club" - Educate yourself with our history. You'll find we're a club always punching above our weight but we are a good sized club, a unique club and a club who have proper support. We are not a "small club" never have been and never will be.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Some of us want a decent conversation...

Why dont people read other threads before posting a new topic !!!!!

yes i signed up just to vent my frustration at this

Remind me not to do a thread on 'football managers'......as there is a topic already on page 27 of the forum......

Sad ****.clapping.gif

Archived