IGNORED

The Dynamics Of A New Manager...

spudski

I'm really looking forward to seeing us play under a new manager regardless of who it is.

With such a large squad to choose from, i'm really going to be interested to see whether our fringe/discarded players are going to get a look in.

Will they be motivated? Perhaps they were all along, but didn't curry favour with KM.

Will we see the like of Stewart, Hunt, Cisse, Woolford, Johnson, Clarkson, Stead, Taylor, Bolaise, Reid, Ribeiro and Lennox starting for us?

The most interesting thing will be how he deals with the Goalkeeping situation. We have two keepers both making massive errors at the moment. Not playing DJ who is on massive wages, will be a strong move.

If all came to form, which they have all shown in the past, we could possibly have a team looking like this...

--------------Gerken------------------

Hunt----Fontaine---Stewart----Woolford

---Adomah...Kilkenny--Cisse---Reid---

-----------Pitman--Stead--------------

The options are endless to be honest.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us play under a new manager regardless of who it is.

With such a large squad to choose from, i'm really going to be interested to see whether our fringe/discarded players are going to get a look in.

Will they be motivated? Perhaps they were all along, but didn't curry favour with KM.

Will we see the like of Stewart, Hunt, Cisse, Woolford, Johnson, Clarkson, Stead, Taylor, Bolaise, Reid, Ribeiro and Lennox starting for us?

The most interesting thing will be how he deals with the Goalkeeping situation. We have two keepers both making massive errors at the moment. Not playing DJ who is on massive wages, will be a strong move.

If all came to form, which they have all shown in the past, we could possibly have a team looking like this...

the thought of those 2 playing full back together is painful.

Does this this mean you assume Maynard would go or would you just not want him on current form? Whoever takes charge, assuming he can get the fringe players involved and the out on loan players back, will have virtually a new squad available and, depending on our new(?) style of play, the limitations are endless. That is assuming we don't make any new signings.

Yes, that would be a great way for a New Manager to get on the good side of all the City Fans and make an initial good impression.....sending out a clear message to any doubters that he is fully in control and knows exactly what he is doing......................pick Nicky Hunt.

I'd like to see Cisse and Skuse in front of the back four in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Goalkeeper

Spence Stuart Nyatanga McGivern (Hunt, Ribeiro, Wilson, McAllister, Ball (who was very impressive in pre-season) all in with a shout)

Cisse Skuse

Adomah Kilkenny Reid/Wooford/JCR/Bolasie (Johnson in reserve for Kilkenny)

Pitman/Stead/maynard (in that order with Taylor in reserve)

That'll do for me until January when we can hopefully recruit some quality including a keeper.

Kilkenny plays the deep sitting quarterback style role though, so you'd have Skuse, Kilkenny and Cisse sitting in front of the back four. Effectively playing a defensive back 8? Kilkenny is a creative midfielder but has never been an attacking type who sits off the front 2.

Woolford should not play at full back, it's not his position. Hopefully the new manager will get him playing to his S****horpe form in his favoured position, wide left.

Hunt was well known to be a declining player long before he came to City so hopefully we'll be looking at Spence, Ribeiro and Edwards to be used before him, and he'll be on his way out of the club asap.

Cisse deserves another chance without doubt - what will be most interesting though is how many of the current regulars feature in the new manager's plans.

Or don't as the case may be - bound to be a few surprises there I'd have thought.

That backline option is scary...!

Agreed about a new manager having lots of options and it being interesting to see what happens though.

Exactly...The permutations are endless.

It could be like having a load of new signings raring to go.

The only downside, would be if the likes of Cisse, Hunt, Stewart etc all came good and outperformed their counterparts, would be when it came to renewing contracts, i can't see them being offered the same amounts.

As for Maynard...who knows.Is he happy here? Does he want to go? Do any of us know? He might as well be a Martian playing for us, as to whether we know anything about him.

How about....

------------Gerken---------------

--Spence...Fontaine...Nyatanga---

-----Kilkenny-----Cisse----------

Adomah-----Clarkson------Bolaise

-----Maynard-----Pitman---------

Exactly...The permutations are endless.

It could be like having a load of new signings raring to go.

The only downside, would be if the likes of Cisse, Hunt, Stewart etc all came good and outperformed their counterparts, would be when it came to renewing contracts, i can't see them being offered the same amounts.

As for Maynard...who knows.Is he happy here? Does he want to go? Do any of us know? He might as well be a Martian playing for us, as to whether we know anything about him.

How about....

------------Gerken---------------

--Spence...Fontaine...Nyatanga---

-----Kilkenny-----Cisse----------

Adomah-----Clarkson------Bolaise

-----Maynard-----Pitman---------

You won't get the job Spudski. You're giving in to fan power already and changing your starting eleven.

Archived