IGNORED

Who Else Feels This Way?

Mr Gow

Based on what though? Don't lower yourself into following the neanderthals who call everyone a tosser because it doesn't suit their agenda. Think about it for a moment.

No disrespect...but just because he walked away from here doesn't make him a bad person.

Put it this way...If you were headhunted for a job and promised this and that to be successful, and then after signing the contract you found that everything told at interview stage wasn't as it was, would you be happy? Knowing you couldn't work within those confines. It's not like working the tills at Tesco's. Reputations and Careers are at Stake here.

And he destroyed his by walking? In my opinion he's a bottler - ask Man City, there's more to him than appears. Comes across as a very strange person.

Based on what though? Don't lower yourself into following the neanderthals who call everyone a tosser because it doesn't suit their agenda. Think about it for a moment.

No disrespect...but just because he walked away from here doesn't make him a bad person.

Put it this way...If you were headhunted for a job and promised this and that to be successful, and then after signing the contract you found that everything told at interview stage wasn't as it was, would you be happy? Knowing you couldn't work within those confines. It's not like working the tills at Tesco's. Reputations and Careers are at Stake here.

of course that's one story, I always thought that were two sides to every story. Whatever the truth Coppell had history for doing what he did to us and in doing so landing his former team in the shit at short notice and leaving them with shit overpaid signings.

And he destroyed his by walking? In my opinion he's a bottler - ask Man City, there's more to him than appears. Comes across as a very strange person.

Yes,,,he's publicly said that by leaving BCFC that the chances of him ever getting employed as manager again would be remote. He didn't bottle it, he has lost and had more to lose by walking than trying to work with the board and squad, when he knew his hands were already being tied.

Do you not think it's odd that nothing has ever come out into the open?

Do you not think it's odd that Km wasn't able to get the players working for him this season, yet last season he did to some extent.

Do you not think it's odd at all the mixed messages, and lack of information coming out of the Club recently?

Has it not gone very quiet?

From the time Coppell left this Club, the whole Dynamic has changed. Think about it for a moment.

Things are not as they seem.

But hey...what do i know?

I've been told the reason he walked away by someone who is close to him. I'm not going to divulge on here anymore than what i've deluded to in the past. But put it this way...It sickens me whenever any City fan calls him Coppout or a tosser, when they don't know the real reason he walked away. They are more likely to call someone who is seen as a hero at this Club a complete tosser if they knew the real reason he left.

What amuses me, is that if someone fails at this Club, they get abuse and vitriol, like we've seen with KM and Tinnion in the past, who have all been great Servants for us.

Yet those that hide behind smoke and mirrors get away with murder. Who'd be a manager when fans are like a pack of Wolves when things don't go to their liking?

Imho...too many board members at this Club have had an easy ride. They've made many awful decisions in the past,and have not kept their word, yet they never get any abuse. Butter wouldn't melt.

Pisses me off, how managers get all of the crap. The players need to get more stick as do the board. The one's on the field playing and the one's at the top making the big decisions and promises.

How many fans sang 'You don't know what you're doing to SL and the board? None...yet they appointed all these managers and sat in on the negotiations of wages for players with their agents. It's not the manager that negotiates the money and contract. Yet fans think it is. It's the freakin board.

Anyway...slight rant over. Sorry...but hope you get my drift.

irrespective of the reasons he walked, I don't think he did himself any favours by not watching the last couple of games of the season and then booking holidays in preseason! It just looked like he weren't fussed.

Yes,,,he's publicly said that by leaving BCFC that the chances of him ever getting employed as manager again would be remote. He didn't bottle it, he has lost and had more to lose by walking than trying to work with the board and squad, when he knew his hands were already being tied.

Do you not think it's odd that nothing has ever come out into the open?

Do you not think it's odd that Km wasn't able to get the players working for him this season, yet last season he did to some extent.

Do you not think it's odd at all the mixed messages, and lack of information coming out of the Club recently?

Has it not gone very quiet?

From the time Coppell left this Club, the whole Dynamic has changed. Think about it for a moment.

Things are not as they seem.

But hey...what do i know?

No disrespect intended but you obviously do or think you do?

Im interested in what you have to say because I have noticed the changes in the club BUT its very easy to take the moral high ground and then not share the information you say you know. This isnt a ploy to get you to say anything you say what you want however a lot of people are pissed at Coppell for the mess we believe he left us in. His signings have proved to be distinctly average and with his previous form you cant blame the bottler labels!

irrespective of the reasons he walked, I don't think he did himself any favours by not watching the last couple of games of the season and then booking holidays in preseason! It just looked like he weren't fussed.

SL knew all of this...so why did he sign him up as manager? He went looking for SC.

SC did not apply for the job. He came on the assurance he would be allowed to work in the same way he did at Reading.

SL wanted what Reading had achieved.

Anyway...it's all history now. We will end up going around in circles.

Put it this way...

If the next manager can't get this squad motivated and playing, you can gaurentee it will be him who gets it in the neck from the fans.

It's about time our board and SL knew how fed up we as fans are, at their complete incompetence at football decision making. Blame them for half the **** ups that have occured over the past few seasons.

No disrespect intended but you obviously do or think you do?

Im interested in what you have to say because I have noticed the changes in the club BUT its very easy to take the moral high ground and then not share the information you say you know. This isnt a ploy to get you to say anything you say what you want however a lot of people are pissed at Coppell for the mess we believe he left us in. His signings have proved to be distinctly average and with his previous form you cant blame the bottler labels!

It's understandable for people to put two and two together and make five, especially if history fits the scenario. I can only say what i've said, and it is second hand from someone close to SC, so it's not from the horses mouth so to speak.

Like i've said before...I've got friends and aqaintences who are Football coaches and Agents and even someone who was at the FA. So i hear things...but no more or less than others who have 'friends'.

I just feel in this case, it needed to be said...and yes i've heard things about the Club that don't fit with what we are led to believe. But as always on a forum, you are either made out to be an attention seeker or dreamer, so i'm going to leave it at that. I'd just wish fans would think more and not believe everything that they are informed or led to believe by the Club.

Strewth. Does Gerry Gow have some magical powers? Does having him in your avatar automatically turn you into a manic depressive?

Yes the board has appointed some bad managers. But they've also appointed some good ones.

And guess what ...... it's the same at every other club in the country.

Spudski,

We all know you don't like the people running the club. If you know something tell us.

Otherwise we can just assume your making it up to have another dig...

That's not true mate.

I like SL, i'm not fond of Sexstone though.

Like any successful business, only what is needed to be said publicly is done so, or for want of a better word, smoke and mirrors are used to lead people into believing what the owners want. For the 'Good' of the club.It happens in every business.

I've no reason to make things up. I don't know anyone personally on this board and don't care what anyone really thinks. I hold no creadance or importance to it.

I do however have a love for BCFC, but i'm not particularly happy with those who are running it right now.

I'm not going to blab everything on here, for obvious reasons.

As for having a dig...what would be the point of doing that if there was no truth in it? I don't have a grievance just for the sake of it.

Tbh...i'd rather i didn't know anything, and could go along non the wiser. I'd be a lot happier in a state of non awareness.

I speak out when i think an injustice is being made, based on what i've been told. Like i said, everything is second hand, so it doesn't make me someone special or 'in the know'.

Strewth. Does Gerry Gow have some magical powers? Does having him in your avatar automatically turn you into a manic depressive?

Yes the board has appointed some bad managers. But they've also appointed some good ones.

And guess what ...... it's the same at every other club in the country.

:laughcont: Yes I agree. they appointed Steve Coppell then proceeded to cock it up. ;)

I kind of know where Mr Gow is coming from with the opening post, being of the same vintage.

Our club have flattered to decieve over the years with their appointments. 'Woy' Hodgson was the next big thing, at the time and more recently, Benny was a blinding European coach. I'm not knocking them atall but for some reason it never seems to work at Ashton Gate.

We will, no doubt, criticise the appointment of our new incumbent (or praise it for that matter) but there IS an underwhelming feeling of disdain amongst our supporters ATM IMHO. Maybe it's the sight of the oasis but we (the club) never quite get there!

We wait with baited breath for the next appontment yet we will still be there on Saturday, regardless who it is, thinking we may have found the ideal Manager.

TBH, it's the back room staff (the same faces as when Tinnion was manager) who need replacing as well as the 'Gaffer' but it appears we are taking the cost saving option again, judging by the rumours on here.

All the same, C'MON YOU REDS!!

When the new manager is announced,your heart is going to sink followed by a severe depression

Sorry to the happy clappers but ive followed city for nearly 40 years, and the club never fail to give me the above emotions

Er, maybe you should give up football and watch some cobblers martial art or something!

When the next helmsman for BCFC is announced they will have 100% of my support and I'll be interested to see the difference they'll make from Millen.

It's called an open mind :city:

When the new manager is announced,your heart is going to sink followed by a severe depression

Sorry to the happy clappers but ive followed city for nearly 40 years, and the club never fail to give me the above emotions

Er, maybe you should give up football and watch some cobblers martial art or something!

When the next helmsman for BCFC is announced they will have 100% of my support and I'll be interested to see the difference they'll make from Millen.

The way you talk is as if you presume that every manager who is currently out of work or has been mentioned in the press is actually interested in taking the job? There is a big difference between their name being mentioned on here or in the press and them actually applying or wanting the job.

What is there to not say that City (with no reflection on the clubs ambition) are simply left to choose between those managers which you say will be such a disappointment following the recruiting process? In fact it is very likely that some of the names on the boards list as 'wanted' are simply not an option for whatever reason.

It feels like you're watching Cobblers Martial Arts down at the Gate sometimes. Especially when Elliot goes in for a challenge. He is the football equivelent of Golfs Jim Furyk. He looks like an Octopus falling out of a tree when going in for a tackle or header...Limbs everywhere. ;)

I watched my first game at the Gate in October 1970 when I was nearly 8. I grew up with Alan Dicks as manager. I used to read in Shoot about clubs changing managers, but never experienced it at City. It wasn't until I was nearly 18 that Dicks was sacked. In that time I used to wonder what it would be like experiencing the speculation surrounding the appointment of a new manager. Unfortunately, with a few exceptions, we have experienced this change of manager scenario at regular intervals, too regular, and for ages now I have realised how lucky I was to have managerial stability at City as I was growing up. Especially, as invariably whoever we choose is a disappointment. However, there were a few I got excited about: Bob Houghton (took little Malmo to the Euro Final + as it was the first time I had experienced a new manager, it could've been Rin Tin Tin and I would've thought he was the next Messiah); Terry Cooper, John Ward and Gary Johnson.

As for Coppell leaving I have my own theory. During pre-season he kept informing us of his progress in watching all the City DVDs from the previous season. 'I've watched about 40% now', then 'I've watched half now', then 'I've watched three-quarters now'. I figured out, using my limited grasp of maths, that at that rate he FINISHED watching them the day before he quit. I spoke to a psychiatrist friend of mine and she said that she would only think it was safe to watch every minute of City's season spread over a period of about 9 months; but to cram it in to a period of about 4 months is just asking for trouble.

Archived