IGNORED

Stopping The Rot...

SimplyRed

After noting on the website that the Academy youngsters lost 3-0 to Spurs at the weekend, I took a look at the Premier Academy tables.

Coincidently (or not, you decide!), the Academy have also had a problem wiinning this season - 7 games without a win with only 2 drawn.

There are 4 groups of 10 teams in the Premier Academy U-18s and City are the ONLY team without a win this season.

When Millen went, I was one of those in favour of a complete clearout of the backroom staff and coaches, and I think this is a good argument that supports that view...

Personally think Clayton does a great job considering the competition we face from Southampton, Cardiff and the south Midlands clubs.

Wilson, Ribs (If he wasn't made of chalk) Reid are all in or just on the edge of our first team squad and that's a sign of good coaching surely? No academy with the challenges ours faces will be bringing more than one player a year through. Clayton can hardly be blamed for GJ's fear of young players.

Personally think Clayton does a great job considering the competition we face from Southampton, Cardiff and the south Midlands clubs.

Wilson, Ribs (If he wasn't made of chalk) Reid are all in or just on the edge of our first team squad and that's a sign of good coaching surely? No academy with the challenges ours faces will be bringing more than one player a year through. Clayton can hardly be blamed for GJ's fear of young players.

Johnson had a problem with Academy players' attitude and thinking they'd made it if they got a pro contract, not a fear of young players.

Personally beginning to feel one of the best things that could be done presently is shut down this board.

Very little of what is posted is constructive and most simply helps to augment/reinforce the negative. Even before we have a new manager many are prepared to condemn the selection. For some even if we got Alex Ferguson they'd say it was a mistake because he's too old, Harry Redknapp too cockney or Arsene Wenger too foreign............................

Personally beginning to feel one of the best things that could be done presently is shut down this board.

Very little of what is posted is constructive and most simply helps to augment/reinforce the negative. Even before we have a new manager many are prepared to condemn the selection. For some even if we got Alex Ferguson they'd say it was a mistake because he's too old, Harry Redknapp too cockney or Arsene Wenger too foreign............................

I never understand why people express displeasure at a forum and it's comments. Why log on and scour through them? The forum is just that, where people can praise, criticise or dish out banter. Those who don't like it maybe should turn to Eastenders and focus on Ian Beales lovelife and let us get on with moaning.

I never understand why people express displeasure at a forum and it's comments. Why log on and scour through them? The forum is just that, where people can praise, criticise or dish out banter. Those who don't like it maybe should turn to Eastenders and focus on Ian Beales lovelife and let us get on with moaning.

One doesn't need to scour anything to find the constant stream of negativity - see no reason why commenting on that negativity is any less valid than everyone's opinion on how bad x or y would be as the next manager...

That makes no sense, People who anonymously post non-constructive drivel clearly should be brought to task. The enjoyment of using a forum like this is greatly diminished when people start looking for reactions and moan about everything. Nobody is saying this place should ban all negativity, christ no, but when people are looking for any reason to be negative when there isn't one it becomes tiresome and stupid.

I personally can never understand why people express such unbalanced views over the internet, Why log on and type away in a rage when everything you type is unsubstantiated, nonsensical drivel? Wouldn't it be much more worthwhile if what was written had some basis?

I was called an idealist the other day, but it was used as an insult. don't get that.

Credit to you for having the courage to put in print what I - and I suspect others - have been increasingly feeling for quite some time now.

It is becoming more and more destructive and does little to benefit the club people claim to support. Indeed, it is often actively harmful. In recent weeks, I have seen posters demand sackings, advocate the boycotting of games and urge the holding of demonstrations in the club car park. Just what you need when the club is going through a particularly difficult period in its recent history.

I'd given up contributing myself and am only posting this to back you up. I have noticed the absence of many of the people who I most respected and with whom I used to enjoy debating, so you won't be the only one thinking this way. If they decided to close the forum tomorrow it would be no great loss as far as I'm concerned and I suspect there would be quite a few at the upper levels of the club's administration that would breath a sigh of relief.

Well said, but if you're planning on sticking around, I'd get your tin hat on if I were you. I'm out of here.

Credit to you for having the courage to put in print what I - and I suspect others - have been increasingly feeling for quite some time now.

It is becoming more and more destructive and does little to benefit the club people claim to support. Indeed, it is often actively harmful. In recent weeks, I have seen posters demand sackings, advocate the boycotting of games and urge the holding of demonstrations in the club car park. Just what you need when the club is going through a particularly difficult period in its recent history.

I'd given up contributing myself and am only posting this to back you up. I have noticed the absence of many of the people who I most respected and with whom I used to enjoy debating, so you won't be the only one thinking this way. If they decided to close the forum tomorrow it would be no great loss as far as I'm concerned and I suspect there would be quite a few at the upper levels of the club's administration that would breath a sigh of relief.

Well said, but if you're planning on sticking around, I'd get your tin hat on if I were you. I'm out of here.

All because, people have a opinion you dont agree with.

We are bottom of the league for a reason and that will bring negativity. If we were in the top half, I'd understand your point - but to say we should shut the forum down to stop people calling for our very poor manager to be sacked is just crazy.

One doesn't need to scour anything to find the constant stream of negativity - see no reason why commenting on that negativity is any less valid than everyone's opinion on how bad x or y would be as the next manager...

Surely the negativity has been justified of late. We've been incredibly poor to watch for a good 12 months if not longer. The football being served up has been dour and has not encouraged the pay on the dayer to waste his hard earned cash to watch a negative showing. I've recently attended games hoping at best to pinch a point, that shouldn't be the case against opposition in and around our current placing. A big positive, IMO, was getting rid of Millen but with the last appointment of Millen, I'm not as excited as most. Maybe more anxious and apprehensive as this decision will define which direction our club heads in not just the immediate future but also long term.

That makes no sense, People who anonymously post non-constructive drivel clearly should be brought to task. The enjoyment of using a forum like this is greatly diminished when people start looking for reactions and moan about everything.

I personally can never understand why people express such unbalanced views over the internet, Why log on and type away in a rage when everything you type is unsubstantiated, nonsensical drivel? Wouldn't it be much more worthwhile if what was written had some basis?

I was called an idealist the other day, but it was used as an insult. don't get that.

quoted for truth. Belly full of red wine so mellow as **** right now.... BUT, Neville is a vile, annoying, talentless, over-rated, bitter, jealous little **** and I would happily support the gas if the ridiculous mongrel was ever made manager (or any other position at the club)

GARY, PHIL AND (by virtue of inflicting his interbred offspring on the world... ) NEVILLE ARE ALL *******

You couldn't make this shit up. Tansley the voice of reason :laughcont:

Practice what you preach-you're so sanctimonious :facepalm:

The academy isnt about winning. :noexp:

Perhaps that is why we never produce 'winners', players that have passion/determination/aggression.

The academy should be about producing players ready to step up to the 1st team but also produce players that have a hunger to win.

BCAGFC

Riaz - look at what has happened since - we have made no appointment, no announcements have been made about candidates and no games have been played yet depsite people getting what they wanted in most of the threads there is criticism of the club, as yet unappointed managers and even the fact we extended James Wilson's contract. I am not calling for anything just saying that this board is certainly not helping presently and if a degree of sanity returned to the board it would be long overdue.

Surely the negativity has been justified of late. We've been incredibly poor to watch for a good 12 months if not longer. The football being served up has been dour and has not encouraged the pay on the dayer to waste his hard earned cash to watch a negative showing. I've recently attended games hoping at best to pinch a point, that shouldn't be the case against opposition in and around our current placing. A big positive, IMO, was getting rid of Millen but with the last appointment of Millen, I'm not as excited as most. Maybe more anxious and apprehensive as this decision will define which direction our club heads in not just the immediate future but also long term.

Not sure Reading was dour-sure things are not great but criticising managers who have not even been appointed seems a little too much for me.

Riaz - look at what has happened since - we have made no appointment, no announcements have been made about candidates and no games have been played yet depsite people getting what they wanted in most of the threads there is criticism of the club, as yet unappointed managers and even the fact we extended James Wilson's contract. I am not calling for anything just saying that this board is certainly not helping presently and if a degree of sanity returned to the board it would be long overdue.

I must admit, I could'nt understand the criticism of extending James Wilson's contract - common sense thing to do.

But these things happen when you are bottom of the league. I'm hoping that things start to turn when our new manager is appointed.

I'm certainly looking forward to saturday now and the season starts then for me!

You couldn't make this shit up. Tansley the voice of reason :laughcont:

Practice what you preach-you're so sanctimonious :facepalm:

Blimey, Melky has way too much time on his hands. But, having so much in common with Gary Neville would explain that...

personally don't see what was wrong with my red wine induced assessment of Neville though, :dunno:As I said, negativity is fine if justified. ;)

Wow - how to hijack a thread...!

There are 20 replies, and only 3 were in response to my post...!

Perhaps the self-styled "forum police" should look at themselves... instead of telling everyone else what they should or should not be posting...

For what it's worth I agree. The case for a clean sweep is overwhelming. The complacency and comfort zone mentality is counter-productive. The club needs a new managerial ethos based on discipline, competitiveness, competition, desire, passion and professionalism. Then the board can sit back and watch the fans return in droves. The time for rhetoric is over. Arsenal can say they want CL football and to win the Premier League, but no-one believes it anymore. Similarly when we see City actively competeing at the business end of the Championship playing decent football with more than a little passion, we'll believe the hype and the board's credibility will be restored!!

For what it's worth I agree. The case for a clean sweep is overwhelming. The complacency and comfort zone mentality is counter-productive. The club needs a new managerial ethos based on discipline, competitiveness, competition, desire, passion and professionalism. Then the board can sit back and watch the fans return in droves. The time for rhetoric is over. Arsenal can say they want CL football and to win the Premier League, but no-one believes it anymore. Similarly when we see City actively competeing at the business end of the Championship playing decent football with more than a little passion, we'll believe the hype and the board's credibility will be restored!!

good post overwelming case

After noting on the website that the Academy youngsters lost 3-0 to Spurs at the weekend, I took a look at the Premier Academy tables.

Coincidently (or not, you decide!), the Academy have also had a problem wiinning this season - 7 games without a win with only 2 drawn.

There are 4 groups of 10 teams in the Premier Academy U-18s and City are the ONLY team without a win this season.

When Millen went, I was one of those in favour of a complete clearout of the backroom staff and coaches, and I think this is a good argument that supports that view...

As with most academys[?]you have good batches of players and bad batches,but agree we need a clear out.When my son was younger he was watched by scouts from a few league clubs as were several of his team mates,the only club to ask him for a trial were the sags and he didn't want to know.Was told at one game that City were watching and was advised to tell my son to curb the physical side of his game as City didn't like that sort of thing,now call me old fashioned but the top players in the world can look after themselves as well as have good technique.City seem to mistake passion and wanting to win with bad behavior.They need to be taught to be winners and not pretty looking losers,Barcelona first and foremost are winners after all.

That makes no sense, People who anonymously post non-constructive drivel clearly should be brought to task. The enjoyment of using a forum like this is greatly diminished when people start looking for reactions and moan about everything. Nobody is saying this place should ban all negativity, christ no, but when people are looking for any reason to be negative when there isn't one it becomes tiresome and stupid.

So your the only one who speaks sense, perhaps you should have your own forum constantly posting your pearls of wisdom and then congratulate yourself. what a joke

Because all the negative crap has an affect and the forum doesnt add anyting to the club.

Archived