IGNORED

Stopping The Rot...

SimplyRed

Ive always admired City's loyalty and willingness to use those who love the club in further roles, but there maybe a point where job stability & loyalty breeds complancency? The majority of employers need their force challenged & driven to keep fresh & productive, i wonder if overall the club has been slightly confused in where & when we're going & how we,re getting there & it,s seeped down through the club?

I feel Dean Windass' goal (in hindsight only) was the end of an era, i dont think the club were prepared or armed to be in such a lofty position so rapidly, hence a gradual decline(?), culminating in where we are today. IMO there does need to be a broom swept through the club, this doesnt have to mean sackings - it could be some severe arse kicking. I also believe the lengths the club seem to be going to at the moment is encouraging - perhaps they are looking at the club at a whole?

These ups and downs are fine, as long as theyre learnt from, because league 1 would be an utter disaster. We make a good appointment now, start of next season we,ll be in a great position to draw on the club's many strengths and consolidate in this league. Which is always 1 below the Premier League.

In your opinion.

But being in exile this forum adds a lot to me.

So if you don;t like what you read , Please do not log on.

As an exile you might think what you are reading is gospel when its often coming from people who dont even go mate. what does otib add to the club what does otib do for the club its virtually nothing. nothing wrong with pointing that out or pointing out after the leeds game people who had not attended were writing total crap about the team and fans.

Johnson had a problem with Academy players' attitude and thinking they'd made it if they got a pro contract, not a fear of young players.

He showed little interest in any if the 'academy sides', barely bothering to watch games. He understood that his job security was dependent on first team results and understandably concentrated on this. The problem we have is structural. There s noone responsible for running the football part of the club as a priority. It falls to the manager, but the success of the academy under a manager has virtually no impact on their future.

Better run clubs have technical directors who allow the manager/coach to concentrate on the first team. However, this only works when the manager is able to work collaboratively. The likes of GJ and Billy Davies do not suit this role because they would see the technical director as a threat (we know what those 2 have in common).

One of the candidates who seems to me to be ideally suited to the role of technical director is SOD. Get him in to do this with a younger man to coach the first team. SOD has a clear footballing ethos which given time out of the spotlight, I'd hope he could get into all levels of the club. Rather than sacking everyone and allowing the new manager to bring in who he wants,we need to get someone in who has an understanding of how a club should work. We have a number of natural adavantages being the largest club in the area but have failed to utilise them effectively because the football side of things as not been right.

Archived