IGNORED

Forest Still Waiting To Appoint Aswell...

Bar BS3

We are (quite rightly) taking a fair bit longer than is usually the case to appoint our new manager. Mclaren left Forest a day or two before we parted company with KM.

Now, unless i have missed something, Forest are also yet to appoint a manger. Does this, coupled with the delay in us naming ours, indicate that we are both after the same first choice target and they are torn between which job to go for?

Iv'e not really kept tabs on who they are supposedly after - anyone aware of any caditates they have that we don't and visa versa?

They are inteviewing coterill, robins and that macdonald guy from aston villa. They also seem adamant on their forum that their getting john pemberton, their youth coach..

Don't think their after Mciness..

Interesting that they also see something in Robins, yet most on here seem to have a problem with him! :facepalm:

Amongst all the bollocks spouted during these kinds of transitional periods, the only thing i've heard that could have some substance (from a first team player, not that I would expect them to know, so hadn't bothered to pass it on) was that Robins was the most likey to get the job as DJ had withdrawn his interest (again, i'm not saying that is the case, or even that i believe it!) but that would add up as far as the delay in any announcement was concerned. :dunno:

I don't think we are after the same people are we? They have tried the 'strict' and the 'big name' manager, maybe they are trying something different too?

I don't know. That was my question.

It just seems odd that both clubs are taking a little longer than is usually the case to appoint a new manager - is that because the man of preference for both clubs has a tough decision to make??

A guy in work told me today that SL is on hols in Africa on safari and wont be in UK til Friday and no decision will be made until he has given the new man the once over.

Dunno how true that is tho as its the first i heard of SL being on Hols.

Assuming that you mean Kenya - I would have thought that SL could have afforded to go outside of the rainy season!

We are (quite rightly) taking a fair bit longer than is usually the case to appoint our new manager. Mclaren left Forest a day or two before we parted company with KM.

Now, unless i have missed something, Forest are also yet to appoint a manger. Does this, coupled with the delay in us naming ours, indicate that we are both after the same first choice target and they are torn between which job to go for?

Iv'e not really kept tabs on who they are supposedly after - anyone aware of any caditates they have that we don't and visa versa?

Exactly what i was thinking earlier.

What it's got to do with it is, surely they don't need him to be there (wherever that is) when they make decisions like this?

I don't think he's been directly involved in the recruitment process so far.

As owner he'll want to rightly be consulted before we name the successful candidate, but his trip to Africa (probably not a holiday actually, because he does a vast amount of charitable stuff there) is therefore highly unlikely to be connected with the delay at all.

My guess is that it has arisen because another candidate (probably already employed) has thrown his hat into the ring and CS is weighing up his application .

What has that got to do with anything?

My point was his choice of holiday destination during the rainy season!

Some people like the rainy season; you can watch the wilderbeast coming to feed their young and then getting ravaged by lions; quite a sight. Also it makes you appreciate our rainy days ahead, i.e. how insignificant they can be in comparison.

Alternatively, the man may have gone somewhere where there is no rain at this time of year; Africa being rather on the large size and taking in various climactic zones he will be spoilt for choice.

Archived