IGNORED

Holloway Coming ?

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Three people have told me this morning that Holloway has thrown his hat into the ring.

Apparently he is fed up with life in Blackpool...... Even though they have made something like a £ 12 million pound profit they have all been told that they have to take a big pay cut. Someone i know in their youth set-up had lost 2 of his staff and had his money cut so he has now left Blackpool.

Apparently Holloway would love to move back home

All above is true but i don't know if he has actually applied

IMO he would bring some much needed character to the club and some good attacking football, i don't care about his Blue past ...end of the day Cardiff are more of an "enemy" nowadays but people seem happy to have Dave Jones here

Three people have told me this morning that Holloway has thrown his hat into the ring.

Apparently he is fed up with life in Blackpool...... Even though they have made something like a £ 12 million pound profit they have all been told that they have to take a big pay cut. Someone i know in their youth set-up had lost 2 of his staff and had his money cut so he has now left Blackpool.

IMO he would bring some much needed character to the club and some good attacking football, i don't care about his Blue past ...end of the day Cardiff are more of an "enemy" nowadays but people seem happy to have Dave Jones here

In many ways Holloway woiuld be a bizare choice but it would certainly give a club a massive lift.

My major concern would be that too many of our narrow minded fans would throw their toys of their prams and refuse to support him regardless of results.

Personally I could not give a monkies about his Rovers connections as long as he gets results

There are a couple of long threads on this already, including a poll. I would imagine those that gave you this rumour just read it on here, or were told by people that read it on here. I get texts all the time off mates saying "have you heard so and so is in the frame" and it usually coincides with another load of bollox that's just appeared on here.

There are a couple of long threads on this already, including a poll. I would imagine those that gave you this rumour just read it on here, or were told by people that read it on here. I get texts all the time off mates saying "have you heard so and so is in the frame" and it usually coincides with another load of bollox that's just appeared on here.

Fair enough but what i said about Blackpool is 100 % true and it was the person who left his post up there told me himself, but like i said i don't know if he has applied or not

No way in hell this would happen............ If the board are to be believed. They say they want the Club and fans pulling in the same direction. This appointment would alienate and a moderate guess 50% of the fans, a nd put a big wedge between club and fans.

It will not happen.

Feel happy to flag up this post when it does happen though :)

In many ways Holloway woiuld be a bizare choice but it would certainly give a club a massive lift.

My major concern would be that too many of our narrow minded fans would throw their toys of their prams and refuse to support him regardless of results.

I don't see how you can say that appointing Holloway would give the club a massive lift, and then go on to point out the inevitable, that appointing him would cause a massive split between the fans. Surely that would do the opposite of lifting the club?

Nice wind-up.

Not happening though.

Im with you TRL. If we were in League 1 and Holloway said he wanted to return to Bristol then he would be an outstanding candidate and probabaly head and shoulders above names, then maybe (just maybe) it may be worth a risk, but at this moment in time with the quality of managers applied its not even worth looking at, it would genuinly cause to much trouble.

People say "it was 20 years ago" when Holloway said what he said on that bus and I know the rivalry was fierce when we were close rivals, but im 20 years older now and I still hate the bloke as much as I did then and others members seem to think the same, Holloway hated us then so he still hates us now IMO.

its a similar situation to alex mcleish at villa

I don't think it is on even close to the same scale, Mcleish isn't a life long Brum fan who's been involved in many, many incidents that have wound up the Villa fanbase over the years.

"I feared for my life" - reason enough to never have anything but contempt for the man.

I don't think it is on even close to the same scale, Mcleish isn't a life long Brum fan who's been involved in many, many incidents that have wound up the Villa fanbase over the years.

"I feared for my life" - reason enough to never have anything but contempt for the man.

Bang on, as I've said in the other H*lloway thread - it's completely different. He grew up hating us, McLeish wouldn't have given a **** about Villa (or Birmingham) when he was a boy

Can we now stop these pointless comparisons? It's H*lloway ffs, not McLeish, Tevez, Pat Jennings, Peter Beardsley etc etc who have all crossed a divide at some point in their life, Ian ******* H*lloway

I really don't think the board would be so clueless to appoint him, please prove me right on this one

As someone who saw everything that day and was right in the thick of it - that was a severe over-reaction.

He was going mental about it in the tunnel though - rightly so.

Im with you TRL. If we were in League 1 and Holloway said he wanted to return to Bristol then he would be an outstanding candidate and probabaly head and shoulders above names, then maybe (just maybe) it may be worth a risk, but at this moment in time with the quality of managers applied its not even worth looking at, it would genuinly cause to much trouble.

People say "it was 20 years ago" when Holloway said what he said on that bus and I know the rivalry was fierce when we were close rivals, but im 20 years older now and I still hate the bloke as much as I did then and others members seem to think the same, Holloway hated us then so he still hates us now IMO.

Oh you are quite right Wurzel, fact of the matter is he is still a nasty piece of work, he may come across like he has mellowed, but he hasn't.

I met him about 3 months ago, he heard myu bristol accent and asked me who I supported, he was nice a pie, but later, out of ear shot of everyone he came up and said something abusive and related to me supporting city, literally 5 mins later he was all nice as pie as there were other people around.

The guy is an utter scumbag and needs to grow up. He hasn't changed from when he was playing at the Gas.

Dumbass media whore who believes his own hype. If he comes anywhere near our club I may go and support Forest Green until he is inevitabley sacked.

'Similar' not exactly the same! And my point was....AM has fans on his back already and they are doing well...if you look at the situation with City it is worse so the abuse he got and especially when things went wrong would be alot lot worse.... I dont think its something this club needs.

He isn't coming for god sake. Would love to have him here, some of you need to stop living in the past. He is a top manager better than rubbish like Robins and SOD. If he gets this club moving forward again i couldn't care less about his Rovers past.

Yeah hilarious :nono: , might as well get Ian Alexander in as assistant while were there. :dunno:

With Carl Saunders head of youth development, he's doing well with Lebeq isn't he?!

Hollowhead is a complete clown and I don't want him here, it would be funny to see this place go into meltdown if he did join us!!

Maybe Holloway is a very nice person, I don't know him personally. But due to his antics and comments I have seen, heard or have read; I would not accept him as manager and would certainly not welcome him.

Perhaps as an older Bristolian, I see things slightly differently to the younger fan from beyond Bristol, I don't know.

To sum up, I see him as a complete and utter buffoon.

Archived