IGNORED

Holloway Coming ?

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

Can you imagine if he took us down?

I can see the glee on their pikey faces down glos road now!

They will errect a statue in his honour in 100 yrs time celebrating the anniversary of when he **** us up.

The risk of an infinate micky taking and abuse far out weighs a couple of yrs midtable in the championship

He will never come to us as I think he would be in a lose lose situation. The pressure it would put on his whole family would be incredible. Just a poor run of form would lead to abuse and crys of Gasheadnscum etc. Not to mention the Rovers fans and abuse for being a judas.

He could walk into most Championship jobs at present, this would be one job he does not need to take.

Basically he would be an idiot to come here

He will never come to us as I think he would be in a lose lose situation. The pressure it would put on his whole family would be incredible. Just a poor run of form would lead to abuse and crys of Gasheadnscum etc. Not to mention the Rovers fans and abuse for being a judas.

He could walk into most Championship jobs at present, this would be one job he does not need to take.

Basically he would be an idiot to come here

Oh dear..

on the basis he is a major idiot...... maybe he's on his way!

i can say whole heartedly Ian holloway would get this club rolling again.

we want passion,entertaining football,and a manager that will not take any stick,

played at the highest level and well respected.

:englandsmile4wf::winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

Spot on.

Three people have told me this morning that Holloway has thrown his hat into the ring.

Apparently he is fed up with life in Blackpool...... Even though they have made something like a £ 12 million pound profit they have all been told that they have to take a big pay cut. Someone i know in their youth set-up had lost 2 of his staff and had his money cut so he has now left Blackpool.

Apparently Holloway would love to move back home

All above is true but i don't know if he has actually applied

IMO he would bring some much needed character to the club and some good attacking football, i don't care about his Blue past ...end of the day Cardiff are more of an "enemy" nowadays but people seem happy to have Dave Jones here

Not really thought about that one?? But i tell you what he would do, and thats give the squad a good kick up the a** and would not except anything less than 100% from them.

Dont know if i could put up with the agent holloway jibes if it went ti*s up :).......But for me would be a better manager than the 2 the BEP are saying are favourites.

I see it as another Pulis. Ex-Gas and wouldn't careless what happened at the club as long as he's getting a wage and a situation that suits him and no one else.

MM

A lote MORE extreme than Pulis. Pulis was "just another sag". With Hollowhead, we are talking about No.1, "King Saghead" - revered by the blue scum. Pulis does not come close in this case.

Pulis took some serious stick for being a sag, multiply the stick tenfold at least for Hollowhead.

Well he may have mellowed, he may have changed his methods and style and he may not even be the much of a gas-head these days (though I doubt it).

But years ago when he was managing the sags, a friend at work had a son coming up through the youth ranks and was on the verge of getting into the first team squad. Now this mate at work used to go watch his lad train and play and often pick him up from Trumpton.

On the ocassions that he saw Holloway in action both in training and at youth games, he quickly formed the view that he was a complete headcase. Shouting and screaming at the players in an irrational and almost manic way, without any real structure to his comments or what he was expecting from the lads. Some of the youngsters may have been intimidated by his antics, but from what I was told I think most were just bafflled. Anyway this chaps son survived and went on to become a pro and is now playing in the same league as his former employers.

I still recall the comments from my friend, a quietly spoken and intelligent bloke, who said that he had never seem anything like it from a football coach/manager. Bearing in mind he had been taking his lad all over the place and seen him work under and develop under quite a number of different professional football coaches.

It rather confirmed my opinion of Holloway and over the following years I have seen nothing to sway me from that view. He did well for Blackpool of course, and he may have changed, but I for one would not want him here.

You may not want him here, but I doubt he would want to be here....and to post up that he was a 'head case' on the training ground is a bit much as far as I am concerned, say what you want about the guy, but one thing Holloway seems to do is get the playing squad in the right place, I have never considered the teams that he has managed to be other than happy to have him there.

I'm sorry, but why is posting about him being a 'head case' a bit much? He's going by what he's been told, were you there to see what he was doing and can say otherwise? If not then you can't go against anything that Frenchay Red has said! I'm not vouching whether it is true or not (although I have no reason to disbelieve FR) but in my opinion this seems about right for the bloke - anyone remember his 2 footed 'tackle' on Junior Bent in the old yearly pre-season 'friendly' Gloucester Cup??

Don't you just love that word 'apparently' ?

Covers the multitude and, on the face of it, gets you off the hook when you post, more than likely, utter tripe.

Apparently, according to my Nan's (deceased) left bosom, Holloway is definitely in the final two.

Apparently, according to a friend who works very close to the Blackpool coaching staff, Holloway has been shortlisted.

One sounds more believable than the other but no matter how you wrap either one up it always needs drilling down to the FACTS and not apparent ones.

Therefore, probably best either not to post anything or, for relative humour, post the first one.

See this is EXACTLY why Bristol City Football Club will never be a team Bristol deserves, we are a big City with a small town mentality that you demonstrate with a reverence that can come from a ''strong in arm thick in head ''die hard life long City supporter.

Move on it's 2011.

Look I have no love in with Holloway, but look with your own eyes not something you want to believe, Holloway comes over as a great man manager and motivator, well he must have something taking Blackpool from relegation certs to a Premier League outfit, albeit for one season....but that needs BELIEF and MOTIVATION my friend to get there in the first place.

To go on circumstantial evidence as to his character is a bit desperate, when you can see for yourself as to his abilities, or of course you can stick your head in the Blackpool sand laughcont.gif

Take a look at the rest of his managerial record, apart from a big fish in little pond promotion with Qpr, most of it had been failure and lies. One promotion to the prem does not tell the whole story. He is a chairman's liability.

I don't think it is on even close to the same scale, Mcleish isn't a life long Brum fan who's been involved in many, many incidents that have wound up the Villa fanbase over the years.

"I feared for my life" - reason enough to never have anything but contempt for the man.

And I always respected you as a poster........ not anymore!

Exactly TRL, as I have already previously posted his managerial record isn't exactly great, and then there's the gardening leave at QPR and the lies he told at Plymouth before walking out on them as well, so despite the fact it's him would you really want a manager like that here? I wouldn't.

Can't imagine Nibor will be losing any sleep over that!!!

I certainly wouldn't!

Holloway at the City? Balls to that. I couldn't care less if he's better than Mourinho, he's total gas and should NEVER get anywhere near this club!

RIP BCFC if that git ever comes to AG, we may as well close the club down as it's heart will have died.

Lets all go down Banjo Island and stage an anti-Holloway barbecue! That'll teach the ****er for not having any interest whatsoever in the City job.

The retardation required to work yourselves up into a frenzy of self-righteous fury against the sag skeleton defies belief. Mind you, I did once sit in "A" block of the Dolman, so I have first hand experience of "needy" fans.

W T F Has it got to do with the sags mate?

Ian Holloways red and white army ahhhhhhhh

Some of you on here are nothing short of idiots L M F A O

I don't want Holloway as manager. Can't understand why so many are voting for him ok.

Don't call me an idiot if thats what I think your doing. I'm as passionate as anyone about City

so lets stop slagging each other off.

It's a generation thing....

Old uns (like me), remember Hollowhead and how he acted at that time.......

The new passionless/sanitised/pc brigade young uns, don't care about that.........

HOLLOWAY..........................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

BCAGFC

Archived