IGNORED

Rooney Banned For 3 Matches

TRL

like him or not, what he done was stupid and could cost us, but he still has to go to the euros.

and to say he is overrated has to be the most idiotic ridiculous comment that has been made on here in some time, and thats saying something!

I'm sorry, tell me what he has done at international level to back up the hype over him? Over rated waster. Try and explain to me exactly what makes him so good?

like him or not, what he done was stupid and could cost us, but he still has to go to the euros.

and to say he is overrated has to be the most idiotic ridiculous comment that has been made on here in some time, and thats saying something!

I still have a problem with his sending off, in as much as there was no real lead up to the sending off, he had'nt been roughed up, did'nt appear to be deliberately being wound up, so was it just petulance or something more sinister. I would love to know how much money was bet on him being sent off, especially with what happend to family members in the lead up to the game.

You say it could cost us, do you really believe this tournament will end differently than the past 14 years?.

I'm sorry, tell me what he has done at international level to back up the hype over him? Over rated waster. Try and explain to me exactly what makes him so good?

are you for real??? what makes him so good? if knew that i would try and do it myself. he has won numerous titles and a european cup and is the most naturally gifted player we have had in a very long time.

and what has he done at international level... not a great deal but hardly all down to him is it. England as a whole underachieve. on the basis of that argument Messi is also an average overrated player!

you might not like the bloke but how you can even say he is overrated is unbelievable!

are you for real??? what makes him so good? if knew that i would try and do it myself. he has won numerous titles and a european cup and is the most naturally gifted player we have had in a very long time.

and what has he done at international level... not a great deal but hardly all down to him is it. England as a whole underachieve. on the basis of that argument Messi is also an average overrated player!

you might not like the bloke but how you can even say he is overrated is unbelievable!

We will have to agree to disagree. I see nothing in the bloke, he isn't shite, but nowhere near as good as people make out. He may improve if he decides to stop playing football like a schoolboy, and feel the need he has to play everywhere on the pitch, and maybe if he improved his first time touch I would class him higher than I currently do. But like so many English/British players, I feel his first touch isn't up to much. Not a bad player, just over rated. But It's all about opinions I guess.

He is a premier league class player, never world class.

no not for one second, but we would have a hell of a better chance with rooney playing.

like i said it was stupid and he can be a knob but that does not mean for one second he is not a world class player

A world class player does it at the highest level consistently, Messi is a world class player and constantly changes games he plays in at the highest level. Take a look at Rooney's record when on the world stage, world cups, euro finals etc. he rarely if ever performs anything like his best, where Messi does as Manu found to their cost at Wembley against Barcelona.

When Rooney regularly performs consistently on the world stage I will consider him a world class player.

A world class player does it at the highest level consistently, Messi is a world class player and constantly changes games he plays in at the highest level. Take a look at Rooney's record when on the world stage, world cups, euro finals etc. he rarely if ever performs anything like his best, where Messi does as Manu found to their cost at Wembley against Barcelona.

When Rooney regularly performs consistently on the world stage I will consider him a world class player.

Messi isnt just world class, he is the worlds BEST player (sorry ronaldo :laugh:)

have we seen his barca form for the argies though at a big tournie? :whistle2:

how can you question rooneys achievements on the world stage yet praise messi? what has messi acgieved on the world stage that rooney hasnt?

also messi doesnt change games for barca cus they are that good as a team. put rooney in that barca squad and he would be one of the all time greats

how can you question rooneys achievements on the world stage yet praise messi? what has messi acgieved on the world stage that rooney hasnt?

also messi doesnt change games for barca cus they are that good as a team. put rooney in that barca squad and he would be one of the all time greats

If Rooney joined Barca he would look like another really good Barca player. A bit like Villa. He would happily play 3rd or 4th fiddle to Messi, Iniesta and the genius that is Xavi. He has said as much himself. He wouldn't get sent off playing for them either as he'd be scared of the bollocking the likes of Pep Guardiola, Xavi and Puyol would give him.

Messi is the best footballing role model I could think of. No petulance, no cynicism, no greed. He is at his best in a team environment. He's not been successful for the Argies cos they have too many 'stars' - just like us. He is only great for Barca because of Barca. His team enable him to be so good.

Put Rooney in that squad and he'd learn the importance of team spirit and cohesion. He'd learn how to be a leader. He'd learn what makes a successful person.

Despite his medals and achievements, it still feels like he's not yet realised his potential. He needs to go to one of 2 sides really.

Look at the euro finals Messi has played in and then the euro finals Rooney has played in and tell me who performed on the night.

so rooney had a bad world cup and it was all his fault. messi had a bad world cup but it was down to everyone else?!

genius!

This what I posted "To be fair at the last world cup the Argies were basically a one man team, a mantle that Messi struggled with they were piss poor and were managed by a drug taking nut bar". Rooney's name is not mentioned in it at all, it was an answer to a different question to yours, genius.

England and Rooney failed for the same reason (apart from the drug taking nut bar bit) the piss poor team bit and tit of a manager and having their play things taken away from them.

Surely he cannot be taken to the euros now?

He could feasibly be taken, not play a game and we get knocked out.

Imo probably a good thing, he is massively over rated.

Erm........

Over-rated by everyone else you mean. Give me 3 reasons why YOU don't rate him. (FIFA 12 stats dont count)

Rooney has a history of this kind of behaviour. Wasn`t he banned for games last year for swearing at the TV cameras, and isn`t he only the second player to be sent off twice for England?

He maybe a good player, but if it is true as we are led to believe that he said sorry and should be forgiven perhaps we can apply that to anyone convicted of assault ( because thats what it was, assault)

Sorry, this man is utter trash and whether he can kick a football or not , certainly should not, and does not represent my country. I`d rather lose without him than allow that moron to wear an England shirt again. On £250K a week he should know better and behave like the "role model he allegedly is. No wonder this country is in the state it is with "celebreties" behaving like this and people finding excuses for their immaturity and downright inability to be responsible people. So he has apologised, big deal!! Only cos he`s got caught. The man is an utter disgrace to football and our country and isn`t fit to wear the three lions badge again.

And on top of that, I just think he is a total n*b and would be inside if he hadn`t got football talent. Ordinary people don`t get away with things by saying "sorry" and certainly don`t get backing form folks in high places like this juvenile has.

Rant over

To be fair at the last world cup the Argies were basically a one man team, a mantle that Messi struggled with they were piss poor and were managed by a drug taking nut bar.

The excuses are always ready for messi when the question about his international form come out!!

Messi for me is the best player in the world but that also has a lot to do with the side he

plays in, having the 2 best midfielders iniesta and xavi alongside you not to mention fabregas is always going to assist you!! The fact is he does not take his club form on to the international stage, for a man that does that best then look no further than Ronaldo.

Rooney is quite clearly a top player, if he did what he does playing for barca or real the press would bash themselves silly every other week, as he's one of our own we play him down!!

Rooney has a history of this kind of behaviour. Wasn`t he banned for games last year for swearing at the TV cameras, and isn`t he only the second player to be sent off twice for England?

He maybe a good player, but if it is true as we are led to believe that he said sorry and should be forgiven perhaps we can apply that to anyone convicted of assault ( because thats what it was, assault)

Sorry, this man is utter trash and whether he can kick a football or not , certainly should not, and does not represent my country. I`d rather lose without him than allow that moron to wear an England shirt again. On £250K a week he should know better and behave like the "role model he allegedly is. No wonder this country is in the state it is with "celebreties" behaving like this and people finding excuses for their immaturity and downright inability to be responsible people. So he has apologised, big deal!! Only cos he`s got caught. The man is an utter disgrace to football and our country and isn`t fit to wear the three lions badge again.

And on top of that, I just think he is a total n*b and would be inside if he hadn`t got football talent. Ordinary people don`t get away with things by saying "sorry" and certainly don`t get backing form folks in high places like this juvenile has.

Rant over

Spot on rant. Imagine what Bobby Moore would make of him? Rooney has no respect for anybody or anything, this includes his Wife, Women, club boss, international boss, team mates, fans etc.... Common sense says he should never play for England again, purely because he is capable of getting sent off at any moment.

Rant over

Couldn't agree more! Hate the bloke as a person and it made me laugh how they appealed it on the grounds of his good disciplinary record at international level and the fact he never argued with the ref haha

It's players like him, Ashley Cole, John Terry etc, and there behaviour off the pitch....coupled with the disgrace that was last years World Cup, which has put me in a position where I dont care for the England team anymore.

I barely watched any of the qualifiers and didnt miss it once

Archived