IGNORED

Cross Him Off The List.

Roadrunner

Reading the Frank Clark interview today, Forest are no where near naming a manager. According to him they haven't even got a short list.

MM

I'd be amazed if that was true.

Plus the BBC "understands" cotterill wil be appointed today..... which to me, it means its highly probable.

They were bottom when he took over, and established them again as a decent championship team. Thats proven at this level to me.

I think you need to do a little more than that to be classed as proven. You could argue that Millen did the same for us last season but you wont catch many people here calling him proven

I think you need to do a little more than that to be classed as proven. You could argue that Millen did the same for us last season but you wont catch many people here calling him proven

Millen inherited a decent squad and made it worse. The only reason he "saved" us, was because he gave a half decent squad stability. Given time, all he did was turn us into relegation candidates.

Robins took over a team and improved them. Never has he turned a team into relegation candidates.

Millen inherited a decent squad and made it worse. The only reason he "saved" us, was because he gave a half decent squad stability. Given time, all he did was turn us into relegation candidates.

Robins took over a team and improved them. Never has he turned a team into relegation candidates.

Robins played crap football and apparently has no personality. And that's from barnsely fans where he was a 'success'.

Not what we need when we are bottom of the league.

Robins played crap football and apparently has no personality. And that's from barnsely fans where he was a 'success'.

no personality? well, every time I'ver heard him speak, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about....

And so what if he played "crap football" - he was only there 2 years with no money to spend.... had to do what was needed...

He's not my number one choice, but I would be relieved, if he got it - considering the names being mentioned (McClaren, John Hughes, Bothroyd)

OMG You really must be desperate if he is the man, Hope your chairman has millions because Robins refuses to work on a Budget which is sh**. Thats the reason he left us because he wasnt given a lot of Money. He didnt believe he is good enough manager to work on a crap budget.

I saw him 3 weeks since, I was sat next to him at Burton v Plymouth game. He is a top top bloke but Manager, no chance. Best of luk if you get him, but best you can hope for is around 16th place.

Good Points:

Nicest bloke you will ever meet

Can get big players to the club (If he has Money) McShane, Harewood here

Good at Loans, dont think we had a bad Loan under him

Bad Points:

No Plan B

Needs Money

Not a Motivator on the Touchline

That may well be your opinion of him from afar. Personally, I think he falls more into Barnsley-Tyke's opinion

Yes, and credit to Robins for that 18th place finish

But it's hardly much in comparison to all the other candidates who have actually WON something.

To actually complete the task and win promotion over the 46 games is what separates the good managers from the also rans.

KM did well last year, Tinnion got us into the top half, but GJ actually won something and history will say that he was a good appointment

at the time and did well (for a while - but nothing lasts forever) . The other 2 have been dimissed as failures.

So of the candidates

McInnes - won promotion to SPL

SOD - won promotions with Bournemouth & Donnie

Jones - won promotion with Stockport to the Championship, won promotion to PL with Wolves

Boothroyyd - won promotion to PL with Watford

Robins - improved Barnsley to finish in 18th place. no promotions

Please tell me why MR is even on the short list?

CR

Yes, and credit to Robins for that 18th place finish

But it's hardly much in comparison to all the other candidates who have actually WON something.

To actually complete the task and win promotion over the 46 games is what separates the good managers from the also rans.

KM did well last year, Tinnion got us into the top half, but GJ actually won something and history will say that he was a good appointment

at the time and did well (for a while - but nothing lasts forever) . The other 2 have been dimissed as failures.

So of the candidates

McInnes - won promotion to SPL

SOD - won promotions with Bournemouth & Donnie

Jones - won promotion with Stockport to the Championship, won promotion to PL with Wolves

Boothroyyd - won promotion to PL with Watford

Robins - improved Barnsley to finish in 18th place. no promotions

Please tell me why MR is even on the short list?

CR

He would have won promotion had he stayed at rotherham and he was at barnsley.... what do you expect him to do with barnsley?? in 2 years?

According to Barnsley Tyke, he was a really nice guy with loads of time for the fans, that contradicts your second point. As for the first point, he basically saved Barnsley - a club with much smaller budget than us - and established them in this league. They were bottom of the league too when he took over there.

And Aidy Boothroyd was at Watford? And people laugh about him.

Yes, yes, yes, this is all 'very well', but what do the ladies think?

What a nice young gentleman Mark seems to be, sure to be popular with the wives, even if he used to model knitware in his teens.

None of this means he won't be a good manager.

snack.gif

According to Barnsley Tyke, he was a really nice guy with loads of time for the fans, that contradicts your second point. As for the first point, he basically saved Barnsley - a club with much smaller budget than us - and established them in this league. They were bottom of the league too when he took over there.

He said he couldn't motivate. Sounds like Teflon to me.

He said he couldn't motivate. Sounds like Teflon to me.

Let's get this straight, Mr. nono.gif

Are you saying Keef could'nt motivate the current BCFC squad of professional football players??

Are you .......... 'quite sure' about that??

This is "crazy-talk".

dunno.gif

With Robins (allegedly)waiting on the Forest job before turning his attention to BCFC makes us sound like "sloppy seconds"

He may/may not be a good manager for us but I'd be disappointed in the board if they appoint someone who was not interested and enthusiastic about the position from the very beginning.

In addition, we would be appointing a manager who was thought not the best choice by another club in the same situation and at the same level as us.

And that's in my opinion.

With Robins (allegedly)waiting on the Forest job before turning his attention to BCFC makes us sound like "sloppy seconds"

He may/may not be a good manager for us but I'd be disappointed in the board if they appoint someone who was not interested and enthusiastic about the position from the very beginning.

In addition, we would be appointing a manager who was thought not the best choice by another club in the same situation and at the same level as us.

And that's in my opinion.

if your assumption is true I agree totally with what you say. if the board do give him the job given your scenario, then my god they either want him come what may or his interview must have been mind blowing. The board would surely this time put themselves up for major criticism and humiliation if he gets the job and fails.

if your assumption is true I agree totally with what you say. if the board do give him the job given your scenario, then my god they either want him come what may or his interview must have been mind blowing. The board would surely this time put themselves up for major criticism and humiliation if he gets the job and fails.

If it is true, and who are we to know. Then he should be taken out of the equation as he is not 100% behind the cause.

Fair enough he wants to weigh up his options, but he should be removed from out list if what is being rumoured turns out to be true.

He would have won promotion had he stayed at rotherham and he was at barnsley.... what do you expect him to do with barnsley?? in 2 years?

Maybe he would - maybe he wouldn't

Maybe Keith would have turned it around

But we're talking facts

Robins is not a provan promotion winner. the others are.

Robins might do well at City , but he's not yet proved he can win a promotion wheras all the others have.

We all have our own views - Reading everything on the net , mine is that the final 2 are McInnes and SOD. with McInnes the favourite.

Jones - probably too expensive & we're looking for a rising youg star - his big successes were several years ago.

Robins - good potential and right age but won nothing yet , too much of a risk

SOD - solid record in L1, good coach but his recent track record of results this season and his failure to do anything in the NPC will count against him

McInnes - Good rep, promotion winner, competing well in SPL with minimal budget, good man manager, strong personal qualities, highly recommended & no one has a bad word to say about him. Lacks English FL management, but good playing career inc SPL and PL at WBA. On the rise and could take City along with him.

Will the board be brave enough though?

But we're talking facts

Robins might do well at City , but he's not yet proved he can win a promotion wheras all the others have.

We all have our own views - Reading everything on the net , mine is that the final 2 are McInnes and SOD. with McInnes the favourite.

Jones - probably too expensive & we're looking for a rising youg star - his big successes were several years ago.

SOD - solid record in L1, good coach but his recent track record of results this season and his failure to do anything in the NPC will count against him

McInnes - Good rep, promotion winner, competing well in SPL with minimal budget, good man manager, strong personal qualities, highly recommended & no one has a bad word to say about him. Lacks English FL management, but good playing career inc SPL and PL at WBA. On the rise and could take City along with him.

To be honest with you CodeRed - I'd be happy with any of those 4. McInnes would be my choice. But I just dont get why people are so against Robins. If we want someone to keep us up - out those 4, he'd be the one most likely to do it - because he has done it already with barnsley.

It just annoys me how short-sighted people are, wanting a name that sounds good, but nothing more.

But we're talking facts

According to Colin Sexstone, finances won't come into the equation until City have decided on who they want to employ, so if Jones is the man that comes across best, then so be it.

According to Colin Sexstone, finances won't come into the equation until City have decided on who they want to employ, so if Jones is the man that comes across best, then so be it.

CS today made it clear that during talks finance was mentioned.....

Archived