IGNORED

Lets Face It

leadman

We did play well today. I think the people who are saying we didn't weren't at the game.

I'm afraid playing well for the majority of the game and still losing doesn't cut it. Whoever is the manager come next week I believe will have 12 games until January to not only install some self belief into the team but also to fully assess the squad to weed out those not in his plans this includes what to do with the Maynard question. Its then decision time for SL does he release funds for January to give the new manager atleast some of his shopping list or will he gamble on him turning it around with what we have using his orgainsational, and motivational skills then wait to the end of the season when we will know if we require a team for the Championship or League 1. Very few teams still in the relegation positions come christmas save themselves so the next 12 games are very important then we will find out if SL will yet again dig deep to save us or invest for next season.

I'm afraid playing well for the majority of the game and still losing doesn't cut it. Whoever is the manager come next week I believe will have 12 games until January to not only install some self belief into the team but also to fully assess the squad to weed out those not in his plans this includes what to do with the Maynard question. Its then decision time for SL does he release funds for January to give the new manager atleast some of his shopping list or will he gamble on him turning it around with what we have using his orgainsational, and motivational skills then wait to the end of the season when we will know if we require a team for the Championship or League 1. Very few teams still in the relegation positions come christmas save themselves so the next 12 games are very important then we will find out if SL will yet again dig deep to save us or invest for next season.

That's true, but we did play well.

maynard not even sounding like hes gonna start, maybe its time for taylor/stead&pitman, give maynard a wake up call.

Can't argue with that. He put in plenty of effort like chasing down the keeper today, but really didn't seem to be any threat in front of goal. What happened to the Maynard who seemed to create goals out of nothing? He's a totally different player at present and I don't think it's down to lack of effort. It's almost like he's returned to the player that we first signed, who initially struggled and took a long time to find his feet in the Championship.

Please come back Nicky Maynard, or have we made a massive mistake in not snatching Leicester's hand of when they were offering us mega bucks? Even then, the player needs to want the move as well I guess, which it sounds like he didn't.

That was clear in pre season

I said in May - if we didn't bring in any defenders we'd go down.

In July I said we hadn't brought any in - people said "Don't worry, it's only July"

It's October, we have the worst defence I have seen in many years. We've carried a League 1 left back for 3 years, our best player last season was 19 years old and not ours and we are left with has-beens and L1 standard defenders.

If something isnt changed we will go down - and deservedly so.

Archived