IGNORED

Nicky Maynard

Mr Gow

NM showed passion and commitment today I thought. Chased down balls played back to the keeper on numerous occasions & good to see him pounding his fists into the turf in frustration.

His stock may have fallen but I still reckon we could get £3m for him in January.

Agree - the look of anger and determination as he tried to chase down the keeper was very apparant but his overall perfomrance was very poor

NM showed passion and commitment today I thought. Chased down balls played back to the keeper on numerous occasions & good to see him pounding his fists into the turf in frustration.

His stock may have fallen but I still reckon we could get £3m for him in January.

Really?! I thought he looked half the pace that we know he can play at. He demands the ball at his feet. Today, he got it more often than not, but his first touch was shocking and he did very little. Hit the side netting but did he get one shot on target?

His 'dream move' to the PL looks as unlikely ATM as Bas Savage playing for Barcelona.

HOWEVER, form can pick up if the right man is appointed next week.

Another lacklustre non-producive performance from Boy Wonder.

You will all realise that he is actually a poor Championship Striker, and without doubt the most overated player we have ever had.

You see, at a time when you really need your 'star striker' to nick a goal here and there, our very own toothless predator continues to confirm why it was pure lunacy not off load him.

What is the future for Nicky?

I thought it was a silly move not to take the money during the window but now what are the options?

He hasn't scored for a while. Are we going to get anything at all for him?

What is to stop him signing a new contract with a release clause? That way he gets more money for the next 10months and city get a decent fee.

Could be an important part of our future as selling him is the only way the new manager will have £££ to spend.

Hmm...

I thought it was a silly move not to take the money during the window but now what are the options?

What is to stop him signing a new contract with a release clause? That way he gets more money for the next 10months and city get a decent fee.

Could be an important part of our future as selling him is the only way the new manager will have £££ to spend.

Hmm...

Mods...Please get rid of this thread, poster and anyone else who starts a bloody Maynard thread unless it is genuine news backed with a source :protest::badmood::bruce_h4h:

I think the new manager should come in and say you either sign an extention may it be 1/2 year with release clause or your not part of my plans so your in the stands or bench At best, I'll give stead and Taylor a go with super Brett. His face would drop :laugh:

Hmm...

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/140303-nicky-maynard/

I spoke to Nicky on Friday outside the ticket office, and I asked him, why he hasn't signed the contract, is it not good enough. He told me with the club, the way it is, it does not match his ambitions, and will wait until the end of the year, and see what happens. This to me, says he is not going to sign, so I would drop him and play Pitman and Stead, as they are obviousley our future, I'm pretty sure Nicky Maynard is not.

Hmm...

The club can't win in this situation. If they sell they're accused of lacking ambition and not keeping our best players, but when we keep out best ones it classed as a silly move.

As been said many a time, we couldn't sale him to another club if he didn't want to leave either.

I'm caught in two minds, do we let him sit the stands whilst we use a different first choice partnership and let his value drop? or do we let the new manager work with him and get his firing all cylinders once again, thus improving our own form and increasing his value ready for the Jan transfer window?

Even if City won every game from now to the Jan transfer window, he would still find an excuse not to sign the contract. Rather than sit him in the stands, try to loan him out, let someone else pay part of his wages, and if he score goals for the loan team then his value goes up as well. Why keep playing in a system keeping players like Pitman and Stead out of the lineup if he isn't go to be here in the future.

The club can't win in this situation. If they sell they're accused of lacking ambition and not keeping our best players, but when we keep out best ones it classed as a silly move.

As been said many a time, we couldn't sale him to another club if he didn't want to leave either.

I'm caught in two minds, do we let him sit the stands whilst we use a different first choice partnership and let his value drop? or do we let the new manager work with him and get his firing all cylinders once again, thus improving our own form and increasing his value ready for the Jan transfer window?

His value is nil, his form is poor. no one will offer any money in January because his current form is not good enough to pay money for just a few months of football

when in June he will be free. If NM was on fire and scoring freely then a club might bid in January but with his form and the fact that he doesn't seem as sharp as before his injury means there is a risk, money is tight, clubs will wait until June

The poster who said he spoke to Nicky - and Nicky said himself he would wait till the end of the season, shows Maynard himself doesn't think he will move in January.

his plan all along was to run down his contract and get the best deal - for himself - in June 2012.

Clearly Bristol City arn't important to him & we should look to the future, accept that we made a mistake & move on - on current form he should be on the bench.

The most annoying thing is that Sexstone got it so wrong and naively though by rejecting and discouraging offers in the summer he was

doing the best for BCFC and he thought once the window closed NM would sign the new deal and we'd all live happy ever after.

Sexstone should have learned from the top clubs - Arsenal sold Fabregas and Nasri rather than allow themselves get into the position we're in with star players walking for nothing.

Sexstone should have employed an agent to tout Maynard around in the summer and find a buyer acceptable to NM & BCFC - at least the new manager would have some funds now.

CR

You will all realise that he is actually a poor Championship Striker, and without doubt the most overated player we have ever had.

You see, at a time when you really need your 'star striker' to nick a goal here and there, our very own toothless predator continues to confirm why it was pure lunacy not off load him.

I wouldn't go quite as far as to describe him as a 'poor Championship striker', but apart from that I agree with you entirely. Very frustrating watching him play poorly game after game while Brett is working his knackers off on the left wing. When you consider how dangerous Stead and Pitman were together at times last season it is becoming ridiculous that those two don't aren't getting the slightest chance to replicate that this season.

For what it is worth I wouldn't even accuse Maynard of not trying yesterday, he was just rubbish... again.

Haha please don't make me laugh!

Plus he's a one trick pony...

I expect you guys went to same games that I did since Nicky got here but there again I expect it was probably you 2 banging on about how poor he was and that the striker we just spent £2.25m on should go on loan to a league one side for experience.

Well it took him a little while to get up to speed but when he did, boy you must have felt silly...

Same goes for now, the injury clearly HASN'T affected him otherwise he wouldn't have scored 8 in 8 on his return at the end of last season.

Clearly he has a lot going on at the mo, new kid, unsettling contract uncertainty plus interest from others and prats on internet forums slagging him off

On the last subject, most of the abuse centres around him not signing his nw contract so of course we get "disloyal" and "holding the club to ransom" and similar bollox... total, TOTAL crap

You probably get 10 years at the top of your game, the thing you are good at, to earn your income FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE so is it any wonder players try to maximise their earnings. The ONLY club that they have to be loyal to is the one that they have supported since they were a kid - the rest, IS WORK, no different from what you and I do. If someone offered you an extra £10k a week, tell me what you would do....

In fairness to Nicky, Leicester probably offered to at least double his salary butm HE DIDN'T GO so, its not all about the money

He likes it here and Prem aside, iexpect he will sign the new contract (with a prem release) for the right manager but NO ONE in their right mind would have re-signed for KM, think about it...

As has already been said, form is temporary and I suggest you go and remind yourselves of all those "lucky" 20-30 yard screamers he scored

One trick pony my arse, you should be ashamed of yourself seeing as his goals have kept us in the division the last 3 years....

I wonder if Stead would have been the better option.

I would agree if we are to persist with the pitiful 'one up front' style.

Hes a one trick pony and his value is much diminished.

41 goals in 106 games (wiki) would suggest he has maybe more tricks than you suggest.

When you consider how dangerous Stead and Pitman were together at times

Maybe Maynard and Stead would also be 'dangerous at times'.

I can't believe some of the comments on this thread, kneejerk and spiteful, it seems it's Maynards turn on the 'fans' forum.

The man kept us up single handed last season, but memories are short on here.

As stated earlier, 41 goals in 106 games with service that wouldn't be out of place in Fawlty Towers from a 'poor championship' striker.

Good luck Nicky Maynard, let's hope we see your best form again soon.

Archived