IGNORED

Cisse

Super

Maybe i was a touch harsh with my OP. To me Cisse, Elliot and Skuse are exactly the same midfielder, None are that great and a new manager won't take long to figure it out.

I think the problem is, they are all quite different, but none of them do what city fans want, get their foot on the ball and ping it about.

Cisse the water carrier

Elliot the box to box midfielder, not a defensive midfielder

Skuse Energetic defensive midfielder.

Each brings something to the game, We just haven't found a combination or style that brings the best out of those picked.

Unfortunately every time we get a decent ball playing midfielder, it would appear that they are poor trainers and get dumped in the reserves!

It was difficul to judget from my office, but listening to the broadcast he was rarely mentioned....in fact I had to check the teamsheet to see if he was playing!!

However if you guys say he was ok thats good enough for me!

Apart from Pitman he was the best player on the pitch , IMO and many others on here. Can I suggest you dont form opinions from listening to the radio. I understand you are too far away to attend but the radio commentators will rarely mention the things Cisse does , i.e. breaking up play and just standing in the right places (something that wont get through on the radio).

I thought Cisse was by far our best midfielder breaking up play and actually putting in tackles and putting pressure on the opposition further up the field. No doubt he is not match sharp at the moment, which I assume is why he was substituted. He would have closed down for the second goal. Elliott was more of an attacking option having four or five headers...scored with one but had other chances that he could have got on target. We need Cisse in the side.

His touch and short and long passing was a class above what we've had this season, and not a single pass was misplaced.

I would hire Keith Millen again, just to sack him for a second time for not playing Cisse all season. Incredible incompetence.

I always thought it was very poor by KM not go play Cisse because of personl vendetta. Glad to see Cisse back and hopefully with in one month back to full fitness

I thought the midfield three were all good yesterday. Cisse broke up attacks, Kilkenny's range of passing and tempo were excellent - can't remember many misplaced passes at all, and Marv got himself into at least 4 goalscoring positions - on another day he could have had a hat-trick. Thought it worked rather well. We were unlucky folks.

Cisse was excellent today and what a joy to see that at least one of our midfield can pass the ball with complete comfort and control. I would drop Elliott and let him sit on the bench so perhaps he can learn from Cisse how to provide a weighted pass either to a colleague or into space for a colleague to run on to and also how to pre-empt a run from an opposition player and not react two seconds later.

Major ricket from Millen to have left him out as he is an excellent footballer.

Apart from Pitman he was the best player on the pitch , IMO and many others on here. Can I suggest you dont form opinions from listening to the radio. I understand you are too far away to attend but the radio commentators will rarely mention the things Cisse does , i.e. breaking up play and just standing in the right places (something that wont get through on the radio).

I didn't... as I said he was hardly mentioned on the radio, but if you guys said he was ok thats good enough for me.

Can I suggest you keep your patronising comments to yourself!

The second goal probably came as a result of Cisse not being on the pitch, he probably would have been behind Killkenny and won back possession. It was noticeable when he went off how we suddenly lost the midfield battle.

Not just me then, thats exactly right. The game was lost to the continued tactical inepetitude of the coaching staff, I will give credit though for bringing back stewart and particulalry Cisse. Had we started with three at the back from the start with JCR instead of an out of position Jordan Spence I'm as sure as I can be we would have won, combined with the hope that Elliott learns to head down rather than up all the time.

As for Cisse not being able to pass...that is a Joke, in IMO he only gave the ball away one all afternoon, keeps it simple and ensure we retain possestion something we have been crying out for.

One other point...I would like to know from those that are obsessed with stats City's win ratio with Cisse playing in midfield last season, I bet it is 75- 80%. Which for a bloke like Millen, like his mentor who was obsessed with Prozone, is extrodinary

Well done Cisse!

Cisse was great yesterday. A while back at the ballon fiesta my mate spoke to him and he told my mate km has his favorates and that was why he was dropped. Now he has gone I really hope he is given a proper chance. Same for Stewart solid at the back yesterday and also in the box for corners looked dangerous

As pretty much everyone has said, Cisse's performance yesterday was very impressive. Positionally he is brilliant, a very good tackler and retains posession well. We were able to control posession much better than we have previously this season in the first half yesterday and that was largely down to him.

Also as was shown last season and again yesterday, Cisse's presence in the team allows Marv much more of a licence to get in the box, and as we don't have a goal scoring midfielder in the squad that is important for us. Although it is quite frustrating how many headers Elliott wins compared to how many goals he scores I would say that he does win a lot of ball in the air that he has no right to even get anywhere near. Although the headed chance he missed in the first half did look pretty clear cut.

Archived