IGNORED

Cisse

Super

Were you at the game today??

He sat in front of the back four and did a really good job. I was surprised he was taken off, I would have taken of either Kilkenny or Elliot and left him doing that job. I do not think they would have scored the 2nd goal if he had been on as Cisse had been denying them that sort of chance all game.

For me he should be the first midfield player on the team sheet and then you just decide if it kilkenny, elliot or skuse with him

Cisse does the defensive midfield role perfectly, but one thing is certain, his passing is erratic at best, sometimes brilliant other times woeful. That is the only worry I have with him, you just do not know what is coming when he passes. I do think we look defensively stronger when in the side, giving the likes of Elliot the chance to roam forward. Just look how many chances Elliott had today. He causes defences to panic when he gets forward, and only with Cisse playing is he given the free license to do it.

The second goal probably came as a result of Cisse not being on the pitch, he probably would have been behind Killkenny and won back possession. It was noticeable when he went off how we suddenly lost the midfield battle.

Anyone else think he should be starting? But if you do think he should, who do you think will be dropped for him to come in?

Yes I do, and I think Kilkenny should be dropped. Both play in front of the back 4, the only difference Cisse protects it better, Kilkenny passes better. at the moment the back 4 needs protection. Kilkenny is not an attacking midfielder by any stretch of the imagination, although he keeps possession fairly well. For me Cisse and Elliot, Elliot is given license to get forward and cause panic in the opposition penalty area, we need to use the wings effectively for this though as neither Cisse or Elliott are the best passers in the world.This of course is if you are playing 442

There are so many options and combinations if you choose a different formation.

Archived