Mike Stowell

Billy Mercer

Keith Welch

Stuart Naylor

Anthony Malessa

Tynan Scope

Phil Kite (Rovers Physio)

I go Phil Kite

Don't forget Bo Anderson who was labelled the next Peter Schmichael.

I remember his first game against Manchester United Under 23's in a friday night football match, he made quite a few saves but let in 3 silly goals!

Guest blackspot
the keepers i know are

Steve Phillips

Mike Stowell

Billy Mercer

Keith Welch

Stuart Naylor

Anthony Malessa

Tynan Scope

Phil Kite (Rovers Physio)

I go Phil Kite

have you forgotten Ray Cashley? Brill on his day but after he'd had a few the night before...... nightmare.

Still, he scored a good goal against Hull (I think) one windy night in about 72 or 73

Guest worle-red
Don't forget Bo Anderson who was labelled the next Peter Schmichael.

I remember his first game against Manchester United Under 23's in a friday night football match, he made quite a few saves but let in 3 silly goals!

i was mascot that night!!!! the worst is scope one of the best is billy mercer!!!!

Bo Andersen was quality and i really liked him as a player.

However, that black guy Abbey who used to play for luton and Chesterfield was awful (his first name escapes me. Can anyone remember him and his first name)

Nathen Abbey I think, Your right though he was an AWFUL keeper! :sub:

Here's a blast from the past..... Peter Mellor was it Fulham or QPR?

Infamous, because one year someone in the crowd through a dart at him, the word was that it hit the crossbar. Anyway, every season after that the East End used to sing ...

'Mellor, Mellor, double tops..... Mellor double tops.'

Fair play to him though, he would always wave and have a laugh along with us.

Anyone else remember this, or is it me going senile? :sub:

the best keeper ive seen was when the tinman went in goal for bout 15mins against burnley (i think!) he was different gravey!

anyone else remember it?

that was a great game, massive cheer everytime he toach the ball, defence did well and he was not troubled to much.

the best keeper ive seen was when the tinman went in goal for bout 15mins against burnley (i think!) he was different gravey!

anyone else remember it?

I think I remember him going in goal at Chesterfield for about 70 mins

when Welchy got injured! Very safe goalie is Tinman!

Don't be too harsh on Andy Leaning he was a very nice chap to talk to.

But yeah, you could say he was a bit dodgy between the sticks!! Sorry

Andy!

I Know who i mean but i cant think of the name! He played for man u, and they played southampton. Matt le tissier took a shot and this keeper tried to dive on top of it instead it jus went straight under his legs n trickled in!

Can any body think of then name of that keeper?

You shorly at least though musst remember the blunder he made. Still makes me laugh now! :sub:

Guest bath_red

All I can remember about Phil Kite is that he was magnificent when we played Newcastle at their place in the League cup.

Mike Hooper versus the gas, has always stuck in my mind, so gets my vote.

Lionel Perez dodgy long haired geezer from france plying his trade for cambridge. wouldnt say he was the worst but certainly the most erratic, one minute he would make a blinding save, followed shortly by a howler. He was in goal when we beat em 6-2 at the gate and he got sent off. deary me. remember he did have a blinder against us in the auto windscreens when they knocked us out a couple of years ago so this is my point proven really.

I think I remember him going in goal at Chesterfield for about 70 mins

when Welchy got injured! Very safe goalie is Tinman!

I remember Chesterfield, Steve Phillips had gone along with the first team on the coach but didn't make the bench.

Archived