IGNORED

Wigley What A ****

Mr Gow

As supporters we can't do much

We turn up, pay up, but he only people who can change things are the board.

Sexstone's reign has been a total disaster so far.

Nearly 3 weeks to pick a manager - it's like the last 2 games were not even important while Sextoy fiddled around. , Thursday now we're told.

CR

Get over yourself. We don't. We're not good enough, that is why we are bottom of the table.

Nothing is good enough, chairman is next to useless, coaching staff are crap, players are worse. The new man needs a magic wand and shed loads of luck.

Based on what we are seeing at the moment its hard to argue and say your wrong. But I think a decent manager could turn it around - We have enough fire-power, but we keep playing maynard up top on his own and he aint suited to that role. With a bit more organisation and a loan signing or 2, we could still do it.

or am I clutching at straws??

i still dont think the board have been honest with us especially sextoy everyone knew what positions needed strengthening in the summer yet nothing happened millen said he had to get rid of players before he could bring in anyone yet sextoy has said many times if the manager comes to him with a suitable player they never turn him down so who was the liar?

4 5 1 away from home is no surprise nor a terrible idea so shhhhh

Yes but not with maynard up front on his own, not only can he not play in this position, he has been a bag of **** nearly all season, Pitman is by far and away the superior player at the moment, yet it's him who keeps getting dropped, while maynard still plays.

It's bollocks team selection like this that got millen the boot, and should see wigley given his marching orders as well.

The players by and large aren't good enough and never have been, in the first season we got by with an exceptional work rate, and some massive luck, but ever since then when Gj motivational tactics began to flounder, isntead of doing what he should have done and begin to rebuild after the loss to hull he stuck with the same players, and even when it was becoming obvious that he couldn't motivate them to perform well above their ability like he had done, and that he couldn't manage the players we did have with the ability to win games from nothing, he just sat there and did nothing.

The mess we are in is down to Johnson and Millen in almost equal measure, except GJ had sucess so bought himself time, but then that meerly saddled us with even more overpaid, bollocks players.

The club is a mess and desperately needs sorting out, from top to bottom, the board had the perfect opportunity to get a new man in with the international break, but istead they have tossed around and we have lost another two games that we could ill afford to loose, which we may well have lost under a new boss, but at least he's have soem idea about his players, but equally we may have won them as the new manager effect is helpful, especially as peterborough were one of the worst sides i have seen at Ashton Gate for a long while.

As it stands in my opinnion we are ******, our squad is poor at best, and we need a massive clearout ASAP, and the board and SL have to back the new man, the players he doesn't want in the last year of their deals if we can't engineer moves for them between now and January have to be paid off (or just excluded from any wage budget that the new manager has to work with) we need to try and get some cash for Maynard, he's obviously not going to sign a new deal, and is playing like a player who doesn't want to be here, so he has to be sold, and the new manager has to be allowed to bring in the players he wants to try to keep us up.

For me with this squad we are going down, i don't care who we appoint, they will be exceptionally lucky to keep this shower of shit of a team in the division, and if the board and SL aren't going to bother to back him to try and get us out of this mess then we may as well not bother, this getting people out before we sign bollocks is part of the reason we are in this mess, our players are largely crap so nobody wants them, sadly the board have to accept responsibility for sanctioning the signings of these players and stop punishing the manager for it.

Based on what we are seeing at the moment its hard to argue and say your wrong. But I think a decent manager could turn it around - We have enough fire-power, but we keep playing maynard up top on his own and he aint suited to that role. With a bit more organisation and a loan signing or 2, we could still do it.

You're clutching, mate

You're clutching, mate

Really?

When millen took over from johnson and played players in their right positions (plus the change of managers of course) - it made a world of difference..... suddenly players started playing well.....

Our tactics are diabolical at the moment - I'm clutching onto the hope that a new man and his new tactics will make the difference.

Really?

When millen took over from johnson and played players in their right positions (plus the change of managers of course) - it made a world of difference..... suddenly players started playing well.....

Our tactics are diabolical at the moment - I'm clutching onto the hope that a new man and his new tactics will make the difference.

I'm pretty sure a good kick up their overpaid arses won't be too far down the line.

Just what this club needs!

The season starts now!!!

No, I don't think you're clutching at straws, we have a few good players who are low on confidence,

although we have some poor players who are likewise.

There's probably too much hope resting on the younger players and there's no leaders on the pitch.

What's been lacking is man-management skills from the manager/coach as well as tactical nous.

A decent manager will turn it around and anyone taking on the job will be under no illusions as to

the difficulty of the task, I'm sure.

We, as fans, just need to be supportive of the new guy (whoever it is) and let him get on with the job.

I was there tonight - 1st game this season

I thought we were unlucky and the pen was cack. Skuse played ok and Kilkenny had nice touches, but Maynard loked lost on his own. 4-5-1 is fine, but you need a number 9 type up top. Left back- McGivern?- poor.

You can see it, Many others posted the same before the game. What the hell do the coaches do all day? Does Maynard look good up top by himself in practice matches? That can be the only reason they continue with him in that position! And of course he would look good playing against shower of sh1te defence.

Same mistakes being made by the same coachs.

Sexton, you may want to keep all the coaches, but they are part of the problem at this club, if you cannot see it then I hope You are quite happy to p1ss more money up against tthe wall when the next manager fails due to not having thr staff he wants in place.

rant over.

of Wigley's teflon neck?

Clear as day when that formation was posted we had lost.

All the possession in the world, but if you are playing an out of form striker in a position where he is completely isolated what do you expect.

Time for you to get a new spectacle prescription Jordan. If you cannot create, or score, why go 451? in hope of a 0-0 well we haven't kept many clean sheets this season, so that is unlikely.

Which striker has been scoring recently? on the bench.

You need to get a grip on the reality this team is in. Not blindly being all happy about all things Bristol city and telling other to get a grip.

Who on earth said I was happy? Reading an awful lot into 3 words there...

"Wigley is a ****" is a comment that requires a tighter grip on reality.

I would however point out that out performances this season away from home have been good and we have only really deserved to lose to Cardiff and Blackpool (some who were there argue our possession stat was a good indicator that we controlled the game until the late capitulation as well)

The formation has worked away from home, to say it hasn't is very short sighted. Agreed its a results business but when the margins have been so fine it's time to start looking at the professionalism of certain players. If they can't concentrate for 90 minutes then they need to be fined over and over until they do.

Who on earth said I was happy? Reading an awful lot into 3 words there...

"Wigley is a ****" is a comment that requires a tighter grip on reality.

I would however point out that out performances this season away from home have been good and we have only really deserved to lose to Cardiff and Blackpool (some who were there argue our possession stat was a good indicator that we controlled the game until the late capitulation as well)

The formation has worked away from home, to say it hasn't is very short sighted. Agreed its a results business but when the margins have been so fine it's time to start looking at the professionalism of certain players. If they can't concentrate for 90 minutes then they need to be fined over and over until they do.

It hasn't worked because we played the wrong personel, and it is a results business. Will you be saying it has worked well away from home if we go down? It's all well and good having lots of possesion which the formation is designed to do, but if you create nothing from it then it is the wrong formation, you have to change it to a formation that will enable to creat something. It is not short sighted, what is happening on the pitch backs that up.

Theoretically the formation works aweay from home, in practice it doesn't. You cannot keep playing a formation that does not work because you don't have the players to make it work, that is just palin stupid and will get you the sack, As demonstrated already.

All very good looking more solid, but if you are still losing what difference does it make. We are going to need wins to stay up, and it just isn't going to happen if you cannot create chances away from home.

It hasn't worked because we played the wrong personel, and it is a results business. Will you be saying it has worked well away from home if we go down? It's all well and good having lots of possesion which the formation is designed to do, but if you create nothing from it then it is the wrong formation, you have to change it to a formation that will enable to creat something. It is not short sighted, what is happening on the pitch backs that up.

Theoretically the formation works aweay from home, in practice it doesn't. You cannot keep playing a formation that does not work because you don't have the players to make it work, that is just palin stupid and will get you the sack, As demonstrated already.

All very good looking more solid, but if you are still losing what difference does it make. We are going to need wins to stay up, and it just isn't going to happen if you cannot create chances away from home.

We have created the chances, we've just missed them.

What formation should we play then? Considering our personel?

We have created the chances, we've just missed them.

What formation should we play then? Considering our personel?

What did we create last night?

We seem to be creating a lot more at home now with 442, now I would suggest Sticking to it, not because I think it is neccessarly the best formation, or that that it keeps us tight which it doesn't. More to the point i would eep it at 442 because we have players who cannot adapt to other formations because they are either too shallow minded or not good enough to play any other way. This has been alluded to with Interviews with Liam Fontaine Louis Carey and Marvin Elliot in the past.

Yes but not with maynard up front on his own, not only can he not play in this position, he has been a bag of **** nearly all season, Pitman is by far and away the superior player at the moment, yet it's him who keeps getting dropped, while maynard still plays.

It's bollocks team selection like this that got millen the boot, and should see wigley given his marching orders as well.

The players by and large aren't good enough and never have been, in the first season we got by with an exceptional work rate, and some massive luck, but ever since then when Gj motivational tactics began to flounder, isntead of doing what he should have done and begin to rebuild after the loss to hull he stuck with the same players, and even when it was becoming obvious that he couldn't motivate them to perform well above their ability like he had done, and that he couldn't manage the players we did have with the ability to win games from nothing, he just sat there and did nothing.

The mess we are in is down to Johnson and Millen in almost equal measure, except GJ had sucess so bought himself time, but then that meerly saddled us with even more overpaid, bollocks players.

The club is a mess and desperately needs sorting out, from top to bottom, the board had the perfect opportunity to get a new man in with the international break, but istead they have tossed around and we have lost another two games that we could ill afford to loose, which we may well have lost under a new boss, but at least he's have soem idea about his players, but equally we may have won them as the new manager effect is helpful, especially as peterborough were one of the worst sides i have seen at Ashton Gate for a long while.

As it stands in my opinnion we are ******, our squad is poor at best, and we need a massive clearout ASAP, and the board and SL have to back the new man, the players he doesn't want in the last year of their deals if we can't engineer moves for them between now and January have to be paid off (or just excluded from any wage budget that the new manager has to work with) we need to try and get some cash for Maynard, he's obviously not going to sign a new deal, and is playing like a player who doesn't want to be here, so he has to be sold, and the new manager has to be allowed to bring in the players he wants to try to keep us up.

For me with this squad we are going down, i don't care who we appoint, they will be exceptionally lucky to keep this shower of shit of a team in the division, and if the board and SL aren't going to bother to back him to try and get us out of this mess then we may as well not bother, this getting people out before we sign bollocks is part of the reason we are in this mess, our players are largely crap so nobody wants them, sadly the board have to accept responsibility for sanctioning the signings of these players and stop punishing the manager for it.

No disrespect but Johnson has been gone for almost 2 years and last night only 4 players he had played, so to blame Johnson even now is ludicrous

Tonights your last match,and you still serve us up with 541 hoping for a point :fastasleep:

Now **** off

Not posted on here ever but I feel compelled to speak about this. Part of the managers job is to inspire the team to play out of their skins, its been proven over and again that a good b*ll*cking or war cry from the gaffer can make the poorest team beat the most skilful by sheer effort alone. The Scot national team have done this for decades. I've not seen this since GJ and on saturday when Wigley was gesticulating (a bit) in the first half the team were doing pretty well, at least on the effort stakes. In the second half he did a Millen and stood there like a post, until near the end when the team woke up again.

I think we have some real quality players skill-wise, despite probably some of them treat the job as a joke, the poor loves need a nasty daddy figure to kick their arse, shame really but thats how it is. Neither Millen or Wigley nasty enough to control the classroom. And while I'm at it, the new manager should tell NM to sign up for the haul or p*** off now.

What did we create last night?

We seem to be creating a lot more at home now with 442, now I would suggest Sticking to it, not because I think it is neccessarly the best formation, or that that it keeps us tight which it doesn't. More to the point i would eep it at 442 because we have players who cannot adapt to other formations because they are either too shallow minded or not good enough to play any other way. This has been alluded to with Interviews with Liam Fontaine Louis Carey and Marvin Elliot in the past.

Well we're talking about the season as a whole so that point is void, if we're gonna have this argument then let's do it properly? We are also talking about away from home so performances at the gate are irrelevant, for whatever reason throughout the history of football there is an advantage playing at home... You cannot ignore that.

We have NEVER had any success playing 4-4-2. Johnson lost his way at this level the day moved to two up top. Second half of his first season all the way to the first half of our "playoff season" we played out best stuff with Enoch/Byfield/Jevons(spit) in front of Noble in the hole. It's no surprise that since we lost Noble we've been consistently shite going forward.

Of all the formations that are 'proven' to not work, 4-4-2 is the least successful. Even 3-5-2 worked better when Millen was in caretaker charge.

Well we're talking about the season as a whole so that point is void, if we're gonna have this argument then let's do it properly? We are also talking about away from home so performances at the gate are irrelevant, for whatever reason throughout the history of football there is an advantage playing at home... You cannot ignore that.

We have NEVER had any success playing 4-4-2. Johnson lost his way at this level the day moved to two up top. Second half of his first season all the way to the first half of our "playoff season" we played out best stuff with Enoch/Byfield/Jevons(spit) in front of Noble in the hole. It's no surprise that since we lost Noble we've been consistently shite going forward.

Of all the formations that are 'proven' to not work, 4-4-2 is the least successful. Even 3-5-2 worked better when Millen was in caretaker charge.

I would suggest we have not created much in most of our away games. 442 would not be my favoured formation. But until the players realise there is any other formation than 442 that is what we should go with.

When we play 3 at the back you see the panic in the defence, that leaves you in a quandry wingers or no wingers, now I don't doubt our wingers track back and but they cannot defend and are more of a liability as they get in the way of the defence. So you either leave yourself open down the flanks or play the likes of skuse or full backs in the position. Our full backs to be honest are not particularly great at getting forward, and when they do they can't cross, making it a wasted formation unless we can actually hold onto a clean sheet. This enevitably turns into hoof ball bypassing our entire 5 man midfield, although it does release Elliot a bit. Playing with wingers leaves the defence exposed and us open for a mullering

433 we don't have the players in the forward areas to play this formation, either through intelligence or ability. If it turns to 451 then you cannot play maynard, and it leaves whoever plays up top isolated, again the intelligence of the players makes this a poor formation as they don't have the nous to know when to break forward effectively. Hence hardly any goals scored. This is bad enough away from home, but at home it is ludicrous..

For me that leaves 442, where they all know their roles and responsibilities. It let's them hold their shape easier. Unfortunately this is how it is due to the purchases we have made.

We just do not have the nous or ability in the squad to play any other way.

Like I said before several players have also come out and said they are far more comfortable playing 442 whereas other formations do not come naturally.. so you set your formation to the tools you have to work with. You can take the word tools anyway you like :)

Archived