IGNORED

It's Back

Pete1975Legend

Why? Same players. Calm down. Still bottom, still 4 points adrift, still got a goal difference of minus 14. Let's give it half a dozen games and see how things are going before we start jumping up and down like over excited toddlers

FFS if we start acting like supporters instead of waxwork dummies maybe the players will respond on the pitch? We need as many there as possible on saturday and show the players and new management that the fans actually care...

Oh FFS get a grip!

The poor buggers hardly set foot in the door and already he's the best thing since Alan Dicks!

Give him 10 games and if its all good then you can toddle off and do a white wee then.

God help him if we lose the next 5....which is quite possible.

A draw with Birmingham City would be a massive result,a heavy defeat is expected so at least he will have a couple of weeks breathing space.

I feel sorry for the guy,I really do...I doubt if 15% of you had heard of "Delboy" 3 months ago.

Ease up with the expectations, we already are 3 wins away from safety. :englandsmile4wf:

Why do you follow City mate? Just for something to moan about? The players need confidence not sitting on our hands waiting in case we suddenly get better. Fortunately most fans are using this as a chance to get behind the team and give the club a lift rather than stay miserable and think we'll never win anything, we're Bristol City. Why do you think we never have won anything (of note)?

FFS if we start acting like supporters instead of waxwork dummies maybe the players will respond on the pitch? We need as many there as possible on saturday and show the players and new management that the fans actually care...

Calm down dear! No one said anything about not supporting on Sunday. It is called realism. I know how people love to jump on the nearest band wagon then when the speed of that band wagon is depleted, jump on the next and never admitting the exsistence of the previous band wagon

The feel good factor is back. I haven't felt so positive since GJ reign, but now I am hopeful that we can move forward again :fingerscrossed:

Pete , I presume you are aware that Dave Jones DID NOT get the job??

I find your new found optimisim strange after some of the comments you've made regarding McInnes.

Calm down dear! No one said anything about not supporting on Sunday. It is called realism. I know how people love to jump on the nearest band wagon then when the speed of that band wagon is depleted, jump on the next and never admitting the exsistence of the previous band wagon

This club really needs a lift - its good to see people are happy with what was a unknown manager a few weeks ago. Let people be positive - city really need to get the most out of this "honeymoon" period to give us a chance.

of course, the real test is when that honeymoon period is over...

Oh FFS get a grip!

The poor buggers hardly set foot in the door and already he's the best thing since Alan Dicks!

Give him 10 games and if its all good then you can toddle off and do a white wee then.

God help him if we lose the next 5....which is quite possible.

A draw with Birmingham City would be a massive result,a heavy defeat is expected so at least he will have a couple of weeks breathing space.

I feel sorry for the guy,I really do...I doubt if 15% of you had heard of "Delboy" 3 months ago.

Ease up with the expectations, we already are 3 wins away from safety. :englandsmile4wf:

I know what you're saying SX225, but I think you can still get the feel good factor despite the direness of our situation.

It'll take a while to turn us around and that might not be a pretty process - McInnes may try stuff that doesn't work with our players, expect too much from a few weak links etc BUT I'm confident that we will shortly be watching a much more positive team, playing attractive football and looking like they know what they are supposed to be doing at all times.

I'm submitting my application to join the happy clappers! :D

Might be a bit lonely on Saturday but lets hope we have a full house on Sunday and your wait was worth it :dancing2::dancing2:

I don't think people feel it will be easy, but to me it just feels better, a gut feeling, a feeling we have a leader and a plan.

It can't have been easy or cheap for the club either, but it feels a bit less like the 'them and us' it had turned into. Let's just enjoy the feeling of positivity for a while at least.

If it was that easy Millen would still be in a job, or Coppell for that or GJ...

I agree slightly with the confidence bit - thats a fair call for very young players.

I assume you work yes?...Would your boss put you on notice after you made mistake after mistake, or would he say,I'm quitting so you can improve in your job?

Can you honestly say DJ has been average at best because his confidence was low? Or time after time EVERY defender hoofs it upfield to a midget because they are 'depressed'?

Im not saying don't support the club mate, I would not be here if I didn't care, but to absolve the players of all responsibility is ridiculous, which is exactly what you are doing.

The fault lies with the squad...if Mcinnes can improve them,then great, but unless there is either:

a) A massive attitude adjustment or:

B) A massive influx of new players

then I don't see much changing.

If I said the back four was Hunt,Stewart,Cisse and McGivern,you would laugh at me.

So what happens if McInnes plays that on Sunday?

And we get stuffed 6-0.

Is he still the messiah?

Or do we just accept the fact that some of the players are not very good and need to be cut loose.

And we've never won anything because we have never been any good - except for that wonderful Division 1 spell!

I've had 42 yrs of this, and probably another 20 odd before I cark it.

I'd love to see more than an Anglo-Scottish,JDV etc cup.

McInnes on his own isn't going to get me that with this squad is he?

And please note Plum,I'm attacking the post - not you!

Enjoy the game,due to work my next game is Barnsley away, so I hope you are right and we are on a roll by then. :englandsmile4wf:

Good reply fair play mate. I still think the players are playing well below their potential though. Maynard is a prime example - he has been brought down by a cr*p manager and cr*p tactics. I think it is the same with many of our players. David James still looked world class at Doncaster (I was there), how can he suddenly be terrible? I remember GJs words about the fans making the players feel faster, stronger, taller (apart from little Lee :whistle2: ) etc, and you have to say our support has been crap this season. Ok the players need to show something to get a fans response but at dire times when confidence is low I believe that as fans we should be getting them going. Bringing in a new manager is a good excuse for getting some positivity started IMO...

Cheer up everybody its a nice sunny day here in Bristol! Then again the sun is just going to explode one day and the earth will be distroyed so whats the point in anything.....:disapointed2se:

I like to look at things as a postive fresh start, I for one am a happy City fan today.

The sun is only halfway through its life cycle so you have few billion years left to enjoy .More to the point i think there are thousands of happy City fans today for me the season proper starts against Brum on Sunday can't wait...

Why? Same players. Calm down. Still bottom, still 4 points adrift, still got a goal difference of minus 14. Let's give it half a dozen games and see how things are going before we start jumping up and down like over excited toddlers

goodness sake!

A bit of positive thinking in your life could make all the difference. Nobody is expecting miracles but doom and gloom gets you nowhere.

As ever people have to be on one end of the spectrum when the reality is somewhere in the middle.

I'm excited by the appointment and hope and pray we UNITE behind our new management team. I don't however expect us to win regardless of the opposition.

Negativity... Positivity... REALISM will do me just fine :)

As ever people have to be on one end of the spectrum when the reality is somewhere in the middle.

I'm excited by the appointment and hope and pray we UNITE behind our new management team. I don't however expect us to win regardless of the opposition.

Negativity... Positivity... REALISM will do me just fine :)

we were going down with a whimper under Millen. at least now if we do go down I feel it wont be without a fight which would be much more bearable

positivity is great and only helps that. long may it continue.

I think this thread sums our support up...

50% will walk off of a cliff if the rocks at the bottom looks remotely like a Bristol City badge whilst the other 50% think before letting themselves get carried away and neither set of fans can accept each others views.

If someone wants to start celebrating whilst we're bottom of the league then let them do so and if someone wants to wait and see how a change actually effects the club before they start celebrating then let them.

I'm all for people supporting McInnes and showing that support but I won't praise the guy until he's done something praiseworthy.

I'm all for people supporting McInnes and showing that support but I won't praise the guy until he's done something praiseworthy.

It's not about praise, it's about giving him a warm welcome and being positive. We've been through a shit time and now's the time to start showing the players and our new manager some support. Of course it's not going to be easy but we need to play our part - not sit silently in judgement until he's proven his worth.

It's not about praise, it's about giving him a warm welcome and being positive. We've been through a shit time and now's the time to start showing the players and our new manager some support. Of course it's not going to be easy but we need to play our part - not sit silently in judgement until he's proven his worth.

There's a big difference between giving a rational reserved opinions on a forum to sitting on your hands at a match. You can both wait and see on here and support the guy at the game. He's just joined, both him and the assistant seem sensible enough. I can't really believe anyone after what happened with Coppell is naive enough to believe this is a dawning of a brand new era. you might, but surely there's a hint of reservation there. Positivity sure, but caution.

I think my biggest concern is my perception of the mental fragility of most of our players. I think they react badly to tough love. We always get the impression they're a nice bunch of lads, and we usually see there's no real steel on the pitch. that's my biggest fear and my biggest hope. Is that McInnes won't put up with the failures from senior professionals here. We might need another hand grenade moment, and i'm not sure we can afford that in the championship.

Cheer up everybody its a nice sunny day here in Bristol! Then again the sun is just going to explode one day and the earth will be distroyed so whats the point in anything.....:disapointed2se:

I like to look at things as a postive fresh start, I for one am a happy City fan today.

The sun will not explode! Its not a big enough star to just explode! Itl just expand to become a "red giant" where it will probably engulf the earth then become very very small.

The sun is only halfway through its life cycle so you have few billion years left to enjoy .More to the point i think there are thousands of happy City fans today for me the season proper starts against Brum on Sunday can't wait...

Hmm, well we dont have a few billions years left to enjoy though, the sun will become far to hot to sustain any life on Earth well before 1 billion years.

Anyway, certainly a positive feeling here now! :city:

No positivity is allowed on OTIB, sorry.

Nobody has actually said that though have they.

I'm frequently labelled a happy clapper, but even I can see that nobody has said that. Some posters have wisely stated they won't be getting OTT excited until there is a reason to be...

I think what some fans are worried about is us losing come sunday and certain fans to quickly jump to blame the appointment....

Archived