IGNORED

Tony Docherty

SC_Red

what does Docherty have to say in the interview?

fantastic opportunity

cant wait to get started

says McInnes is a fantastic manager and very demanding

they're winners and want to bring that mentality to Ashton Gate

got a young family and excited about moving to Bristol

done a lot of homework on us

very good standard of player here

been unlucky in some games but will be working to turn round the confidence

success comes from belief in what your doing and having good proffessionals in the dressing room

has a belief in their philosophy and hopes the players buy into that and we start moving up the table

works diligently looking at opposition

confident success will continue as their way of working has brought success so far

season starts on Sunday

cant influence whats happened but can and will influence what happens from here

watching Birmingham tonight and looking for a good start on Sunday

One thing you can guarantee is that Doc and Del will have done their homework on the opposition. In fact, the one criticism I've ever had of Del during his time at Saints is that sometimes he gives the opposition too much respect and plays to nullify their strengths instead of playing to our own. It works sometimes, but this season we've had the players to go and play our own game most of the time and sometimes we haven't done that. That might be more useful in a relegation battle or in a bigger league where there are a lot more really hard games though!

Reminds me of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor................................................i think im getting a bit carried away.

That is exactly how I've been feeling & what I've been hoping/wishing for BCFC for years (including the GJ era)...

With nothing really tangible to go on - I've just got a gut instinct that at long last we may have got our 'Clough/Taylor' like situation at long last.

If our Mc/Doc era achieves a fraction of what Clough/Taylor accomplished we're in for a pretty exciting time ..... (it wont happen overnight though, they're managers not magicians - I hope we, the fans & the board give Mc/Doc time for their brand of medicine to work) ...

We're a sick club in many ways right now but I've a feeling we're on the road to recovery!! :fingerscrossed:

VIVA BCFC!!! ... Come On You Reds!!!!

Reminds me of Brian Clough and Peter Taylor................................................i think im getting a bit carried away.

:w00t: Excellent stuff. They took unfashionable Derby and Forest to top flight glory. I just can't help but think that many oppostion teams that we'll face will get totally caught out by the tactics that McInnes and Doherty will now employ. They're not only unknowns to us but unknowns to our upcoming opposition as well - that's got to be a real bonus.

Archived