IGNORED

Dead Wood

SecretSam

There's been a lot of talk on here about dead wood in the squad - fair enough, we have a large squad and a lot are out of contract in the summer, but whom do we think are the likely candidates for the chop, so to speak?

NOTE: am well aware that the new manager will give everyone a chance, etc., am just after everyone's own view on who might be on their way

I personally see a lot of the established players as "dead wood" now. They're playing on reputations and past performances alone and really need to shake it up or leave.

Marvin, Skuse, Fontaine, JCR, even Stead and Maynard seem stale whenever I've seen them (the first three over the course of more than one season)

Hopefully the brand new management team will provide them with the spark require to reignite their City careers and performances... otherwise I'd hope they would be shown the door.

James

Stewart

Clarkson

Johnson

Woolford

Hunt

Carey

Its a new era.

McInnes has quite rightly already said that all the players start with a clean slate. Who knows which players will get a new lease of life and which will slip down the pecking order. We won't see how it will pan out for quite a number of game yet.

Bear in mind that Millen's regular's have taken City to the bottom of the league. They must be the one's who will be most concerned about their places.

Super Silver Haze, lemon lush, grape ape, laughing Buddha, Dr Grinspoon, what you smoking that's making you think that fella?

Ha ha. He's a good finisher and scored an abundance whilst in Scotland. McInnes will be well aware of his ability. In fact he has a pretty decent goal ratio for us.

Clarkson and Pitman up front for me. Forget the rest they've had their chance and failed.

I wouldnt go as far as prolific but I can see him being being converted back in to a attacking midfielder as I believe he was at Motherwell ?

Indeed, Clarkson played a spell last season (or maybe season before) in midfield and did bloody well and produced some of his best football for City, never understood why he didn't play their more often?

My view on the dead wood, by which I mean players who should either be moved on ASAP or at least not retained on contract expiry:

Hunt

Johnson

Stewart

Clarkson

Carey

McAllister

James

I'm sure everyone will get a chance but I would be surprised to see any of these extended.

There are some other areas where we could lose a player or two to bring in better quality replacements (central midfield, central defence) but I don't think they're dead wood as such.

Archived