IGNORED

Green Shoots

Dolman_Stand

Well done Liam Fontaine, Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliott, Kalifa Cisse, Jon Stead, Albert Adomah and Brett Pitman as when on the pitch today they gave it their all and didn't shy away from passes, tackles etc when it would have been so much easier to do so, for the likes of James, Stewart, Maynard, Kilkenny please leave this club in January as you clearly do not have the bottle for the fight

Well done Liam Fontaine, Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliott, Kalifa Cisse, Jon Stead, Albert Adomah and Brett Pitman as when on the pitch today they gave it their all and didn't shy away from passes, tackles etc when it would have been so much easier to do so, for the likes of James, Stewart, Maynard, Kilkenny please leave this club in January as you clearly do not have the bottle for the fight

have to say i thought marv although tries hard he is like a chicken with no head and he pulls our midfield all over the place with wild runs etc he leaves gaping holes around him that others try to fill thus making it easy to play through us. its hard to critisize a grafter but his lack of positional sense causes problems. kilkennys first thoughts are for safe easy passes which are mostly negative sideways or back, we STILL have no creative passer in the middle so maynard and pitts or stead are starved of chances and tend to snatch at the few they get. i believe we have good enough players bar one A CREATIVE DICTATING CENTRAL MIDFIELDER. one good signing could change everything but its been so obvious for so long that ive given up on it.. del go and get that player or we are doomed for sure.

have to say i thought marv although tries hard he is like a chicken with no head and he pulls our midfield all over the place with wild runs etc he leaves gaping holes around him that others try to fill thus making it easy to play through us. its hard to critisize a grafter but his lack of positional sense causes problems. kilkennys first thoughts are for safe easy passes which are mostly negative sideways or back, we STILL have no creative passer in the middle so maynard and pitts or stead are starved of chances and tend to snatch at the few they get. i believe we have good enough players bar one A CREATIVE DICTATING CENTRAL MIDFIELDER. one good signing could change everything but its been so obvious for so long that ive given up on it.. del go and get that player or we are doomed for sure.

Don't disagree with you mate, but as you say its difficult to criticise the bloke as whether he is playing well or not he doesn not shirk his responsibilities and still puts in 110%. Would rather have 11 Marv's than 11 Kilkenny's!!

Green shoots well at least someone does. The issues are clear a bad back 4 - fonts lumping balls for 90 minutes is hardly inspiring, Stewert is slower than the qe2 turning and full backs have been a problem for the past 18 months. Also their is no creativity from the middle of the park Kilkenny is ray Wilkins in disguise and neither skuse or Marv can pass a ball full stop let alone a defence splitting ball. I'm fully behind mcinnes but unless he's a miricle worker (fingers crossed) no matter how good or how hard he works we won't get out of this mess with this squad

I was struggling to see many green shoots today to be honest.

Considering we've got reportedly 15 players out of contract at the end of the season, you'd expect them to be trying to impress their new boss, as they could well be on the dole in 6 months if they don't. The sad fact was that with very few exceptions, our players just didn't seem up for a battle.

Today was set up for an up tempo game, with Brum possibly a bit weary after their Thursday European exploits and us with a new management team running the rule over our squad. This should have given us a chance to get in Brum's faces, up the pace and try to impose ourselves on the game. Any neutral at the match today could be excused for thinking it was Birmingham fighting for their lives, as there was a real lack of urgency from most of the men in red, even at the end of the game. The fans tried to lift things at times, but it's very hard when we can see players out there who can't really seem to be arsed

We are facing a massive battle this season and on today's evidence, there aren't that many who look like they care enough about BCFC's future to have it entrusted to them. Del and Doc have had no chance to work with the squad yet and it was really down to the players to stake their claim for a 1st team spot.

IMO very few of them will have made much of a first impression on today's performance.

I've been saying for a long time now our midfielders are just not comfortable with the ball at their feet.

Most other teams have at least 2 (Cardiff, Swansea and Norwich had 4 last year) players who, when they get the ball, don't panic, and if there is no option for a pass, will KEEP the ball.

Skuse and Elliot, for all their endeavour, just do not have enough quality in possession, and in my opinion, should be two of the first shown the door if we are to progress.

It may sound harsh as everyone loves a grafter, but they are (hopefully) not the future of Bristol city.

Really not sure how anyone can say Maynard isn't trying. He ran his socks off up front yesterday. Sure they quality wasn't there and hasn't been for most of the season but there's no doubt he's trying. Same with Kilkenny. Most of what you said is just rubbish. Cisse played what about 25 minutes? Yet he gets a mention above JCR who was one of our most influential players in possession?

The effort is definitely there from all the players. Sounds like an excuse but they really are just being unlucky at the moment. As long as they keep working hard, get more organised under new management and start to get more clinical at both ends. Things like Stead missing that great chance in the first half, Marv's headers etc.

Green shoots well at least someone does. The issues are clear a bad back 4 - fonts lumping balls for 90 minutes is hardly inspiring, Stewert is slower than the qe2 turning and full backs have been a problem for the past 18 months. Also their is no creativity from the middle of the park Kilkenny is ray Wilkins in disguise and neither skuse or Marv can pass a ball full stop let alone a defence splitting ball. I'm fully behind mcinnes but unless he's a miricle worker (fingers crossed) no matter how good or how hard he works we won't get out of this mess with this squad

Yes because Wilkins had a terrible career didn't he! The fact that Marvin hasn't progressed in the time he's been with us speaks more about the quality of coaching I would suggest. The guy does not lack commitment so either our coaching hasn't worked or we're trying to polish a turd as the saying goes. I would imagine all of the players have had the "I'll view everyone on their commitment on the pitch, everyone has an equal chance under me" chat from Del and if they have shot themselves in the foot then frankly they do not deserve to be called a "professional" footballer.

Midfield is the key to this. If it is weak then the defence have no protection and attack have no service. I recall Tinnion used to get the ball and send it wide to Murray 90% of the time and we used to create/score for fun making the manager look good by playing basic football and playing to strengths. Presumably Del see's the strengths rather than the weaknesses (that's our job) and creates a strategy to get us out of this sh*t. Until the point where I don't get that feeling then I'm happy. 1 game is too soon for any call but then what is reasonable?

Archived