IGNORED

Killa

TRL

Well, if you want to make an impression on your new manager, way to go Killa

Bitched and moaned all game, provided very little and shirked most challenges.

This bloke is the most hyped waste of space i have had the misfortune to see down the gate.

Constantly out of position when he actually ventures forward to the half way line! how the hell can that be, he doesn't move enough to get out of position.

No attempt to run back on many occasions.

A very poor mans Ray Wilkins in terms of passing.

I am yet to see anything in this guy apart from a few grand a week more than LJ.

I am hoping Derek sees him for what he is. Cisse to take his place in the team :fingerscrossed:

Well, if you want to make an impression on your new manager, way to go Killa

Bitched and moaned all game, provided very little and shirked most challenges.

This bloke is the most hyped waste of space i have had the misfortune to see down the gate.

Constantly out of position when he actually ventures forward to the half way line! how the hell can that be, he doesn't move enough to get out of position.

No attempt to run back on many occasions.

A very poor mans Ray Wilkins in terms of passing.

I am yet to see anything in this guy apart from a few grand a week more than LJ.

I am hoping Derek sees him for what he is. Cisse to take his place in the team :fingerscrossed:

This is the most rediculous thing I've heard, Kilkenny is clearly a quality player. He left his old club in controversial circumtance to come to a team that is going through a transition, what do you expect? Nicky hunt played a few games when not 100% and people judged him very negatively, as a result we lost a potentially solid right backs potential and you're trying to do the same with neil. Let the manager decide whether or not he is good enough and leave these kind of opinions until after the team has had a few games to gel.

This is the most rediculous thing I've heard, Kilkenny is clearly a quality player. He left his old club in controversial circumtance to come to a team that is going through a transition, what do you expect? Nicky hunt played a few games when not 100% and people judged him very negatively, as a result we lost a potentially solid right backs potential and you're trying to do the same with neil. Let the manager decide whether or not he is good enough and leave these kind of opinions until after the team has had a few games to gel.

Afraid not, we were told he was a gutless wonder by Leeds fans. I was told by a coach at Preston he was considered a luxury player for a midfielder as you needed a 5 man midfield to compensate for his lack of running a won't put my self out attitude in the tackle.

In every game I've seen him he looks a mouthy work shy waster.... Exactly what we do not want in our current predicament. If he had the quality an vision to pick out great passes I may have over looked some of his short comings, as it is he is a well paid crab.

This is a forum, where I am entitled to an opinion, where I don't have to keep it to myself. Your opinion is different to mine, fair enough. Lucky for me I live in England, not China.

SEEMS NICKY HUNT STILL AINT GOT WHATS NEEDED FOR THE NEW MANAGER EITHER.

2 years on, still need a creative midfielder/rb/lb.

How can you say that?

1 game, only change was Fontaine, McInnes needs time to find out about players, Hunt will get his chance.

Idiot.

Afraid not, we were told he was a gutless wonder by Leeds fans. I was told by a coach at Preston he was considered a luxury player for a midfielder as you needed a 5 man midfield to compensate for his lack of running a won't put my self out attitude in the tackle.

In every game I've seen him he looks a mouthy work shy waster.... Exactly what we do not want in our current predicament. If he had the quality an vision to pick out great passes I may have over looked some of his short comings, as it is he is a well paid crab.

This is a forum, where I am entitled to an opinion, where I don't have to keep it to myself. Your opinion is different to mine, fair enough. Lucky for me I live in England, not China.

100% agree - Leeds fans told us he can't/won't tackle and only could play in a midfield 5 with 2 alongside to do his tackling , Why couldn't Keith see this - surely he watched him?

He plays very deep, he demands the ball but then slows down the play with nothing passes that don't improve our position, or increase our threat. He plays every game like we're 2 up with 5 minutes to go.

The only positive is that our new management team will have seen it for themselves and don't have any pre conceived ideas.

By that I mean KM was already under pressure from Lansdown for signing several players that wern't good enough to get a start and I think he felt he had to play Kilkenny to justify his signing and decision making - after all KM was quick to drop and distance himself from other managers signings who wern't doing it (Clarkson, Hunt, Cisse etc)

CR

Lee Johnson who can kick harder on more money with a bad attitude? I've never liked the Elliott + a deep lying weak play maker dynamic in a two man midfield. I've not liked it because it doesn't work. I don't mind playing one in a three man midfield, that works, that was the key to our successful first season.

Keith's horrible truly horrible record of signings must have massively contributed to his sacking, you can't give a guy the finances to get us out of a mess if he refuses to play the players he's just signed.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but whenever I've seen him this season he's been one of our better players who tries to get things going & is involved in most of our breaks. The backwards/sideways thing smacks of the ridiculous criticism LJ got for playing some football.

How can you say that?

1 game, only change was Fontaine, McInnes needs time to find out about players, Hunt will get his chance.

Idiot.

It wasn't the only change, Stead came in for Cisse.

I said after the Leeds debacle that Hunt would never play for us again and he hasn't so far ,so I doubt very much that Hunt will get a chance, also who bombed him out of Bolton? Owen Coyle.....

Wasn't at the game yesterday but whenever I've seen him this season he's been one of our better players who tries to get things going & is involved in most of our breaks. The backwards/sideways thing smacks of the ridiculous criticism LJ got for playing some football.

That's the thing though, He hinders our "football"

He is like Harry Ellis when he played scrum half for England, forever stopping the attacks and slowing things to a stand still.

I don't think he has played a first time pass in his time at BCFC.... Ten touch Neil.

Kilkenny looks much more comfortable just behind the front men but has consistently been made to play too deep. He's wasted there. His defensive abilities are probably even worse than little Lee and he's being asked to provide long balls to a forward line who are miles away from him.

The jury is out on him for me, because I don't think we've found the formation to play him most effectively.

That's the thing though, He hinders our "football"

He is like Harry Ellis when he played scrum half for England, forever stopping the attacks and slowing things to a stand still.

I don't think he has played a first time pass in his time at BCFC.... Ten touch Neil.

Like I said, we look most effective when we break quickly, with Kilkenny at the heart of it for the most part, thinking back to Portsmouth in particular. He tries more raking passes than most players I've seen at AG in a long while, and while not all come off, at least he has the vision to make the attempt.

Like I said, we look most effective when we break quickly, with Kilkenny at the heart of it for the most part, thinking back to Portsmouth in particular. He tries more raking passes than most players I've seen at AG in a long while, and while not all come off, at least he has the vision to make the attempt.

He didn't make one yesterday. He had ample opportunity with McGivern frequently in space down the left but opted to fanny about. He is not an improvement on Lee Johnson and Lee didn't spend the majority of his game abusing his colleagues.

Completely agree with OP. He is clearly just a mouthier version of Lee Johnson. What he may have in passing ability he completely lacks in pace, stamina, work rate and tackling. Next time he plays, try and count how many second balls he tries to win during a game - you'll need less than one hand. The bloke is clearly only able to play in a midfield 3 where he's got others to compensate for his lack of running. Poor old Marv must be sick of the likes of Kilkenny and Lee Johnson trading off of his work rate.

What the hell Millen was thinking about replacing the original Lee Johnson with a more expensive version of the same thing, god only knows. Hopefully DM will realise that we already have a ball playing midfielder with an engine - he's called Cole Skuse.

On another note, Liam Fontaine was absolute class yesterday. To play like that after a lay-off was something else. At least we have the core of a team, just got to sort the obvious failings out.

What the hell Millen was thinking about replacing the original Lee Johnson with a more expensive version of the same thing, god only knows. Hopefully DM will realise that we already have a ball playing midfielder with an engine - he's called Cole Skuse.

Yep, DM can take a few games to realise Elliot & Skuse can't play together, meanwhile our midfield gets over run again.

Skuse looks far better as a right back to me.

Put Cisse in mid field and get another decent player in there with him.

I see four problems with playing Kilkenny at the moment:

1. It seems that you need a 5 man midfield to accommodate him effectively and we don't always want that.

2. He is not a strong tackler and in our current predicament we need to chase everything hard and get stuck in.

3. Most importantly he seems to slow play down and one of our key strengths is on the break.

4. He looks like a whinger; we need team spirit and unity on the pitch.

I went away to Leicester and he was excellent and I'm sure he has a part to play this season, but I'd rather see Cisse and Elliot in the middle to be strong in the centre with wingers making the runs for two forwards. If playing away we could bring him in to a 5 man midfield, or go ultra safe and also play Skuse. This then creates the challenge of a lack of creativity, but I'm not convinced that Kilkenny brings creativity either. One day we'll buy a skillful, attacking, goalscoring central midfielder. I think most of us would swap 5 of the journeymen in the squad for one quality creative midfielder, who can also score goals.

I see four problems with playing Kilkenny at the moment:

1. It seems that you need a 5 man midfield to accommodate him effectively and we don't always want that.

2. He is not a strong tackler and in our current predicament we need to chase everything hard and get stuck in.

3. Most importantly he seems to slow play down and one of our key strengths is on the break.

4. He looks like a whinger; we need team spirit and unity on the pitch.

I went away to Leicester and he was excellent and I'm sure he has a part to play this season, but I'd rather see Cisse and Elliot in the middle to be strong in the centre with wingers making the runs for two forwards. If playing away we could bring him in to a 5 man midfield, or go ultra safe and also play Skuse. This then creates the challenge of a lack of creativity, but I'm not convinced that Kilkenny brings creativity either. One day we'll buy a skillful, attacking, goalscoring central midfielder. I think most of us would swap 5 of the journeymen in the squad for one quality creative midfielder, who can also score goals.

I agree and at present I don't think we have any other option.

Firstly after 1 point from 24 (!) we simply need to try to get back to being harder to beat., that will only come with a settled back four being drilled to work as a unit.

What will help them is a proper holding midfielder in front of them in Cisse.

We do have a big issue on the left, JCR does nothing to help, something must be badly wrong with Woolford when he can't even make the 16, whereas Bolasie would be a gamble, so that's either a loan or we try to shuffle from the large number of players we already have.

Further forward I don't know how any of Pitman, Taylor or Clarkson could have contributed any less than Sunday's front two, one was weak and won nothing in the air, the other back on his heels too often and was no goal threat at all.

It wasn't the only change, Stead came in for Cisse.

I said after the Leeds debacle that Hunt would never play for us again and he hasn't so far ,so I doubt very much that Hunt will get a chance, also who bombed him out of Bolton? Owen Coyle.....

It was actually Megson who let him go, not Coyle.

He's a bit marmite aint he? Leeds fans did warn us. Its all very well talking the talk on the pitch but you then need to walk the walk BIG time. Dont do enough for me to warrant being a bit of a luxury and especially in our predicament.

And i dont know about playing for Australia but he could definatly Whine for them..... you know i think all in all i'd prefer little Lee back...:shocking:

cisse and Elliot played a number of games in the centre last season. Millwall away being one of the games they held the midfield well. Can't see what was wrong with it! Cisse then got injured and they havent played there together since. We need to drop Kilkenny and give it another go I think!

What he said.

Gives Elliot the freedom to go forward more.

Anyone that was at the Crystal Palace game will tell you that he was the best player on the pitch. Always looking to make things happen, tracking back, passionate and the first to come over and talk to the fans after the whistle. He's obviously inconsistent but then who in our squad isn't...

Still needs time to settle but I am yet to see anything that suggests he's any different, or indeed any better, than Johnson.

Killkenny had the type of game on Sunday that Lee would have been slaughtered for.

I can see Kilkenny being tried on the right of a midfield 4. As previously mentioned, we need to be harder to beat. We also need to have 2 up front. What will be sacrificed will be one of our wide players, and that won't be Albert. I think Albert is just as effective on the left and Kilkenny can deliver a cross. He would need an overlapping right back behind him though. As I said on another thread, Derek can begin to show his man-managment skills by getting Spence back playing with confidence.

Archived