IGNORED

Sven Sacked!

Dolman_Stand

Not even a little bit surprising.

Spending £20m+ on transfers to recruit most of a squad in one summer is only going to lead to two things:

1) very, very stupid expectations (e.g. the Leicester fans on here over the summer)

2) an expensive bunch of individuals who will take a year to become a team

Why they thought they'd be up there this season is beyond me.

Sven is a truly nice man. A former English manager coming over to a Bristol City supporter sitting in the stand watching a pre season training saying; Cheers, we met in Uppsala and in Swedish, in front of the Thai owners and a smallish crowd saying he might not be around come next summer. For a 1/1 000 000 piss of a second we are living on this planet doing the outmost to make it total shit for each other. So help me god.

Sven is a truly nice man. A former English manager coming over to a Bristol City supporter sitting in the stand watching a pre season training saying; Cheers, we met in Uppsala and in Swedish, in front of the Thai owners and a smallish crowd saying he might not be around come next summer. For a 1/1 000 000 piss of a second we are living on this planet doing the outmost to make it total shit for each other. So help me god.

Sven done a great job in Italy and before then but he has failed so far in English football, i have read many a book about him, Gerrard/Lampard, the players at Lazio all loved him but after he got the England job his record has been poor, what is it with the England managers just seem too fail afterwards.

Sven done a great job in Italy and before then but he has failed so far in English football, i have read many a book about him, Gerrard/Lampard, the players at Lazio all loved him but after he got the England job his record has been poor, what is it with the England managers just seem too fail afterwards.

Probably down to poor footballers/absured expectations.

Lucky 1966 is dead.

Sven was Leicester's seventh manager since the former owner, Mandaric took over in 2007. Sven signed a 2 year contract in October 2010.

He succeeded Paulo Sousa who was sacked after 9 games in charge - a reign which lasted 3 months.

Their compensation bill must be staggering! Thanks goodness for Steve Lansdown.

What a ridiculous decision to sack Sven... Terrible result this weekend, yes, but he'd've got them up.

Precisely.

2 pts off a play off spot and 5 off auto.

Foreign owners, particularly, can be utter numbskulls.

This is not quite so pathetic a decision as the chicken lickers at Blackburn when sacking big Sam but it is not far off...

,,...So the Leicester orientals from Thailand go straight in at 2nd spot in the league table of 'Most Inept Owners' .

And who would now bet on Leicester ending up where they started when Sven took over? Perhaps not with O'Neill in charge but frankly, he would need his head testing to hitch himself to trigger happy owners such as these. Does he need it that much? I very much doubt it, if he still has a clear head about him.

Probably down to poor footballers/absured expectations.

Lucky 1966 is dead.

Sven had a good group of players our special generation, pens both times unlucky i agree he is a good manager like i said read books on him top players all around the world respect him, but him as a proud Swede so far has failed in England.

Sven had a good group of players our special generation, pens both times unlucky i agree he is a good manager like i said read books on him top players all around the world respect him, but him as a proud Swede so far has failed in England.

Unlucky with the special generation.

Both Lampard & Gerrard missing penalties don't win you games.

And the Muppets who run the FA give him & McClaren the England job.

Sven is the second most successful England manager of all time. Three successive quarter-finals and they only ever lost in normal time to the eventual winners. He has an excellent record.

Archived