IGNORED

Sven Sacked!

Dolman_Stand

Sven is the second most successful England manager of all time. Three successive quarter-finals and they only ever lost in normal time to the eventual winners. He has an excellent record.

What a sad fact, with the players he had the golden generation you agree then he failed, if you win in normal time you don't need penalties.

What a sad fact, with the players he had the golden generation you agree then he failed, if you win in normal time you don't need penalties.

the so called golden generation is and was a figmant of a over excited media and most of us me included swallowed it .....

simple truth is and was "we are not good enough"

the so called golden generation is and was a figmant of a over excited media and most of us me included swallowed it .....

simple truth is and was "we are not good enough"

Agree but all the players in that squad were doing it top level champions league, the thing that will always leave us behind is because our top players don't go abroad, Spain, Germany, France, Holland many of there top players play in England name me a top English player playing abroad.

Agree but all the players in that squad were doing it top level champions league, the thing that will always leave us behind is because our top players don't go abroad, Spain, Germany, France, Holland many of there top players play in England name me a top English player playing abroad.

simple .....0

i have fell for the "this is are year" routine far too many times

and as sad as it is next summer will be exactly the same.

i am in my 40'snow and would love to see England win a trophy

think i will be saying this when in my 80's though

David Beckham englandsmile4wf.gif

LA Galaxy and he has been in the last few squads, :laugh:, great player though McManaman most recent he done well aboard apart from Sir David, can't think of too many more in recent years.

Indeed, only decent players we have had in recent years at international level is. Beckham, Macca and scholes. Beckham despite playing for LA still impressed for Milan on loan and would stil get into most premier league sides if he wanted too.

That said, how long since we went into a tournament with a fully fit squad, missed beckham, Rooney or rio at key times.

People moaned about Sven, but he always got us to a certain level, I'd take that every time over the likes of McLaren and Keegan....even Capello based on WC.

Not a bad manager but not a GREAT manager either.

Stupidness by Leicester, can't sign a new team for millions and expect them to gel instantly,

O'Neill won't go their......he won't work for idiots,

They're never going to get anywhere if they keep sacking/changing managers. They're only 2 points off play-offs and have one of the best squads in the league, Sven is a good manager he could of turned it around. Crazy !

The only way they could improve now is if they get O'Neill.

No Sven is not a good manager dont be rediculous,

He is the luckiest bloke to walk this planet, every job he gets in football he gets a large wage bill and transfer fund to spend and as been sacked everytime, England, Man City, Notts County, Leicester to name a few, he has been paid a kings ransom everytime, From memory he was on £13,000 a day when sacked by england, for the following 2 years after being sacked, I bet he has recieved other massive pay offs everytime, what a lucky *********r.

Crap, boring and a shite motivator, good manager my ass,

No Sven is not a good manager dont be rediculous,

He is the luckiest bloke to walk this planet, every job he gets in football he gets a large wage bill and transfer fund to spend and as been sacked everytime, England, Man City, Notts County, Leicester to name a few, he has been paid a kings ransom everytime, From memory he was on £13,000 a day when sacked by england, for the following 2 years after being sacked, I bet he has recieved other massive pay offs everytime, what a lucky *********r.

Crap, boring and a shite motivator, good manager my ass,

He won the Italian league when that was the best league in the world, he has failed since but when world class players around the world rate him he is not useless imo.

Interesting to see a few of the names linked to us being talked about, no I don't mean MO'N but Curbishly, SO'D etc.

I guess our Del & Doc might be a bit low on their radar, but I'm mightly glad we have got them signed for us anyway.

LA Galaxy and he has been in the last few squads, :laugh:, great player though McManaman most recent he done well aboard apart from Sir David, can't think of too many more in recent years.

Mcmanaman went to Real, won 2 Champions leagues and Sven dropped him for Trevor Sinclair.

He didn't have the managerial skill to get the best out of many of our best players and allowed the Man Utd players to stick together creating a clique that damaged the squad for 10 years.

I once saw McManaman play for Real against Roma. Best player on the pitch above the likes of Zidane,Figo,Totti,Roberto Carlos, Casillas. His team mates couldn't believe he wasn't our main man. Similar thing happened to Chris Waddle, who was dropped at the peak of his career playing for the great Marseilles side for Tony bloody Daley - a slightly better version of Junior Bent.

The point about going abroad is a good one. The last decent England side had a number of players who had played abroad - Gazza, Platt and Ince. We were a patient passing side who were tactically adept then.

Agree with every word but he done very well whilst managing clubs before he got the England job that was why the FA gambled and made him our first overseas coach, it seems you get the England job and fail nobody who knows any think about Cappello can say he's a bad manager, at the end of the day maybe are players are not as good as we think but they can do it in the Champions league not together, bad management who knows Scholes has suggested this in his book, if you think of Spains success Barcelona is the reason playing week & week out with the same players does help.

Agree with every word but he done very well whilst managing clubs before he got the England job that was why the FA gambled and made him our first overseas coach, it seems you get the England job and fail nobody who knows any think about Cappello can say he's a bad manager, at the end of the day maybe are players are not as good as we think but they can do it in the Champions league not together, bad management who knows Scholes has suggested this in his book, if you think of Spains success Barcelona is the reason playing week & week out with the same players does help.

I know some 'thinks' about Crappello and I think he is a bad manager. Did well at Roma, but his other continental successes were at the wealthiest clubs in their leagues and - in the case of Juve - a club implicated with match-fixing.

Since taking over England the national side has got worse and worse. Now we can't beat places that have a population smaller than Bristol. Just his selections for the World Cup alone show he hasn't a clue about English football or much idea what he's doing. And don't get me started on tactics....

I know some 'thinks' about Crappello and I think he is a bad manager. Did well at Roma, but his other continental successes were at the wealthiest clubs in their leagues and - in the case of Juve - a club implicated with match-fixing.

Since taking over England the national side has got worse and worse. Now we can't beat places that have a population smaller than Bristol. Just his selections for the World Cup alone show he hasn't a clue about English football or much idea what he's doing. And don't get me started on tactics....

Ok Real Madrid did he win the league with them, Roma as you say he is a bad manager, AC Milan did he do anything there?, ok i see where your coming from you judge people on there last job or current, Brian Clough was a useless manager because in his last year at Forest he got them relegated.

P.S. To get a job spending millions at top clubs in the world chairman/presidents think you are good or are AC Milan and Real Madrid not top clubs?

Ok Real Madrid did he win the league with them, Roma as you say he is a bad manager, AC Milan did he do anything there?, ok i see where your coming from you judge people on there last job or current, Brian Clough was a useless manager because in his last year at Forest he got them relegated.

P.S. To get a job spending millions at top clubs in the world chairman/presidents think you are good or are AC Milan and Real Madrid not top clubs?

Millen could succeed at R Madrid. Especially in the mid 2000s, before Barca really got their sheet together.

The fact is he's had more than three and a half years to do something with England, but during that time the national side has deteriorated. If you expect anything more than a sad humiliation at the next Euros, you're in cloud cuckoo land - we're miles adrift of the competition. In no way is Capello's failure comparable to Clough's last season, where forced sales and alcoholism had diminished what he could offer the club.

Archived