IGNORED

That Took Some Balls To Do....

II Wurzel II

As the title sugest, hats off to you Sir.

Woolford from the start, Maynard the lone "out of form" striker, Stewart dropped, JCR dropped, Nyatanga back to centre back and you walked away with 3 points

McInnes...you are a genius :winner_third_h4h:

I can't in fairness see much courage in the above. Stewart and JCR especially are average at best. Neither of them help defensively.

Nyatanga has played well at centre back this season (arguably he's been our most improved player though there's not been much competition). Maynard has been playing up front on his own all season (except when Millen was playing 4-3-3 facepalm.gif). The only risk I guess was playing a left footed player on the left. This could have completely thrown the other players...

What this does show me is that Wigley picked the team on Sunday. Hopefully, it's the last time he has any influence over first team matters.

Woolford from the start, Maynard the lone "out of form" striker, Stewart dropped, JCR dropped, Nyatanga back to centre back and you walked away with 3 points

Certainly a very very very good win,Tuesday will be interesting at West Ham.

That will show us if his ways are working.

Never the less excellent three points, and very welcome.

He's not a genius, we could very very easily have lost that game. The one overall positive that we can take out of this game (apart from the three points) is we didn't collapse when they drew level.

Did you listen to the game or were you there?

Impression I got from listening (and from mate who was there) was that first half was some of the best football we've played all season and we should've been 2/3 up. They had the best of the second half but overall sounds like we were decent value for the win.

Certainly a very very very good win,Tuesday will be interesting at West Ham.

That will show us if his ways are working.

Never the less excellent three points, and very welcome.

Really?? So a defeat away to arguably the best side in the division will mean it's not working??

You're not still bitter that Jones didn't get the job are you??

Did you listen to the game or were you there?

Impression I got from listening (and from mate who was there) was that first half was some of the best football we've played all season and we should've been 2/3 up. They had the best of the second half but overall sounds like we were decent value for the win.

We're ignoring the waves of pressure and the chances they missed then?. What I'm saying is the could've could have gone either way.

Quite a lot of experts will probably claim they would have picked the same team, then again a lot of 'em moaned that it was the wrong team.

It was imperative that we didn't have a team lined up as 4-4-2 as we would have lost without a shadow of doubt. He's building up nicely to a solid formation and I'd expect a cautious approach to continue home and away. It's points we need not pretty football.

Indeed, Team I hoped for wasn't far off todays but for playing 4-4-2 instead of the 4-5-1 we played.

Delighted got a chance today, no fan of JCR and havent felt Woolford has really had a great chance since been here, looked a player shot of confidence and the new manager looks to have done him the world of good already. If he can regain his Scunny form it will solve a big hole and alot of money

We're ignoring the waves of pressure and the chances they missed then?. What I'm saying is the could've could have gone either way.

Indeed, and for the first time this season a game that "could have gone either way" has gone to us instead of the opposition!!! There was obviously something in the mix today that made the difference...

RedHyde, you're a glass half full type of character hey? Granted, Barnsley put us under some prolonged pressure in the second half but in fairness, you neglect to consider the numerous chances we had in the first half. The fact we created plenty is a welcome change to pretty much every other game we've played this season. Enjoy the win tonight-go on. I dare ya...

we are on a hiding to nothing there and I'd expect us to lose the game comfortably,

On the contrary Cynic, I think the West Ham game is a win - win situation.

No one expects us to gain anything on Tuesday, not even the most optimistic of Reds.

Maybe City can go there and play with freedom and no fear.

If we lose, then so be it, it is expected.

On the otherhand, if we can take our points tally into double figures, then it will be a massive boost for us, the players and the club.

I was surprised by the line up but it worked. First half we dominated and the work rate and importantly, organisation and commitment, were exemplary. We should have scored more by half-time. Barnsley got themselves back in re game 2nd half and missed a gaping open goal, then were unlucky to hit the bar from range. The equalising goal was coming by then. The way we responded with immediate front foot assault was admirable, and to score a late winner shows we've go balls.

Woolford worked hard but was sloppy in possession. Nyatanga twice nearly put a Barnsley strike in with goalscoring opportunities which was disappointing. He seems to panic when it matters most. The other nine plus subs were rock solid. Cisse dies the makalele role well, Kilkenny kept play moving and barked out instructions, Maynard was far sharper than last week, Elliott tireless, Adomah a pest. We played measured passing, not hoofball. Often one touch stuff.

Balls? Not really. It was a conservative line-up with workrate key to it's success. Bringing on Bolasie was an attacking gesture, and the kid grew into the game nicely.

Nice one Del.

Not a genius but as you say, it took bottle to try soimething that different. What do you know it worked! That is a bloody good start

Yes, I think Del deserves a lot of credit, not so much for the team selection, but for his organisation of the team and game plan. It was spot on today.

I don't understand why people expect City not to come under any pressure from the opposition for 90 minutes. Every team I have ever watched come under some pressure, it's how you deal with it that counts. We dealt with it well today, which we categorically didn't under Millen. We didn't look like totally capitulating today, in fact we looked like going ahead again after they scored, which we did. Full credit to Del for this.

Team selection? Well I reckon he played the best 11 today, simple. No festering disagreements keeping players off the field, no favourites keeping players in the squad either.

Stewart

He has to evaluate the squad that he has and the only way to do that is see them playing in the first team on match days I thank that we will see many changes over the coming weeks especially with January looming upon us we may then see some major changes and in July when a number of contracts are up there will be a number of players looking for another club.

Well lets hope so anyway.

He has to evaluate the squad that he has and the only way to do that is see them playing in the first team on match days I thank that we will see many changes over the coming weeks especially with January looming upon us we may then see some major changes and in July when a number of contracts are up there will be a number of players looking for another club.

Well lets hope so anyway.

Archived