IGNORED

Maynard Today

Who Are Rovers?

I know now that Maynard scored the winner all of his doubters he had before all suddenly love him,But today i dont thinkhe even played well,He missed two sitters and didnt do much.But i really do hope this could be the start of some form!!

It doesn't really matter how he played in the 90 minutes preceeding the goal.

Exactly. As long as he scores goals on a reasonably regular basis any criticism of him I had will evaporate.

That's his job and we know from the past few seasons he's usually really good at it.

Nicky is *cliche alert* a confidence player which is why fertile times for him in front ogf goal come as long spells, followed by droughts. I see a nice spell about to begin. :city:

I know now that Maynard scored the winner all of his doubters he had before all suddenly love him,But today i dont thinkhe even played well,He missed two sitters and didnt do much.But i really do hope this could be the start of some form!!

Unless you were there you can't really know how he played. Let's wait until we get it some info from those who went, to judge how well he played.

Personally I would have played Pitman instead of Maynard, but you can't get away from the fact that he scored the winner and right now that is all that matters!

So he did his job and well done Nicky. More of the same please at WHU :fingerscrossed:

Looked bereft of confidence at first but tried his heart out and got better as the game went on. I hold my hands up and say the I was calling for Pitman about 10 min before he scored. In patches we played brilliant football though. Fontaine, McGivern, Albert and Cisse were immense, Woolford was good in patches. Kilkenny was the man though, playing in a free role, everything went through him. Confidence will grow from that performance

Looked bereft of confidence at first but tried his heart out and got better as the game went on. I hold my hands up and say the I was calling for Pitman about 10 min before he scored. In patches we played brilliant football though. Fontaine, McGivern, Albert and Cisse were immense, Woolford was good in patches. Kilkenny was the man though, playing in a free role, everything went through him. Confidence will grow from that performance

I don't understand why he can't replicate that form at Ashton Gate, because Killkenny has been terrible at home this season.

What chance that Elliot's undroppable status is forgotten now Cisse has regained his place?

Cisse was very good today and Elliott put a shift in. Dilemmas for Del...

Another Dilemma I suppose is the formation, Would you say it had enough going forward and ball retention to work at home? Or do we need the second striker? I'm still interested to see how much it changes from Millen's time.

What is without doubt is that Maynard today was involved regardless of whether or not he should have scored more goals.

In recent games he has basically been anonymous but today he led the line well, ably supported by Adomah and the rest of the midfield.

The goals will come for him if we - and he - continue playing as they did today.

What will be interesting is what happens in January. I doubt McInnes will be able to persuade NM to sign a new deal so one would assume we'll try and sell him. It's up to him if he takes the option.

He is our best goalscorer. We got 3 points and NM is the matchwinner in the end of the game. Can it be better? COYR!!!

Nicky is *cliche alert* a confidence player which is why fertile times for him in front ogf goal come as long spells, followed by droughts. I see a nice spell about to begin. :city:

I never saw Nicky lacking confidence unlike the rest of the team. I could say he was lacking a Golden touch but that's fairly meaningless. When he's scoring, sometimes the ball just falls for him and sometimes it's just that he hits it perfectly. It's one of those inexplicable things.

But when he has it he has it. I don't remember him ever scoring one then going on another drought. What's the betting odds on us staying up now? Might be worth a punt.

He's always missed sitters. ;)

Did you go the game bcfc9? If so, was it the same game I was at?. Maynard had a great game today: not only a goal and an assist but worked his socks off for 90 minutes, closing down their defenders, forcing them into early passes, a constant thorn in their side. He got into good positions,made himeself available for some much better service from wide, and the only thing he was lacking today was confidence. Hopefully that goal will help - it certainly meant a lot to him - that was evident - and what would help a bit more would be the sort of support that he got from the City fans at the game today, as opposed to those who seem intent on slagging him off at every opportunity.

I never saw Nicky lacking confidence unlike the rest of the team. I could say he was lacking a Golden touch but that's fairly meaningless. When he's scoring, sometimes the ball just falls for him and sometimes it's just that he hits it perfectly. It's one of those inexplicable things.

But when he has it he has it. I don't remember him ever scoring one then going on another drought. What's the betting odds on us staying up now? Might be worth a punt.

He's always missed sitters. ;)

We can but speculate on why he wasn't firing on all cylinders in recent weeks, can't we. Personally, I think the to-ing and fro-ing about a move and the contract shennanigans unsettled him. But that's only a guess.

Heard a lot of Maynard criticism in recent weeks without having seen him - but today he was as good as I've seen him for a long while. A striker who hasn't scored in over 2 months is going to be low on confidence, but his overall game was superb and he ran his heart out. That goal will do him the world of good.

Nicky played really well and looked sharp. He offered himself better and balls were played to his feet ,His first touch returned where as I believed it had been poor , Damion Stewart style lumps forward were missing from our game so Nicky had chance to be involved all of the game.. Nicky scored 1 made 1 and was unlucky with 3 others chances. .

Archived