IGNORED

Maynard Today

Who Are Rovers?

I don't agree with the remarks about him being anonymous in previous games, but I do agree with the "ineffective" remarks. I think he has fallen into the trap that some strikers do when their confidence drops, he has been been chasing lost causes and doing too much work outside the box to cover it up. It may even be sub-conscious but hopefully that goal will encourage him back into the right areas again.

It worked well, though at times we played very deep. A better team than Barnsley might have done some damage, but horses for courses and all that. With Adomah, killa, Maynard and woolford linked up well so if they can keep that going I think the formation can work

I think it sounds like yesterday Derek showed the lads how to use the 4-5-1 effectively rather than just leaving Maynard islolated up front but with support and kilkenny not having to worry about his defensive responsiblities as much in a 3 man midfield.

It wil be a lot harder though as west Ham will put two defenders on Maynard . Also playing Maynard up top means we have to play it on the deck and they have no temptation to lump it upto stead at all. I think with Adomah and Maynard link up so well Derek may even be tempted to if we play 4-4-2 at home put them up top together.

Archived