IGNORED

Tactics Today

foghornred

city.gifMc Innes is starting to show his worth as he almost got his tactics spot on today.

We stopped Barnsley playing by closing down the man with the ball as quickly as possible and working our socks off and trying to be first to every ball,Cisse did a marking job on their dangerman Butterfield so well that their manger moved him out on the wing and for once Maynard was given support by the midfield when we attacked.

The only thing that he got wrong today was his tactic of bringing all outfield players back for corners,we only failed to keep a clean sheet because of this, as we cleared the corner comfortably but as there was no outlet it was worked back in and they scored.

Overall a good performance but it could have been better with a clean sheet.

The only thing that he got wrong today was his tactic of bringing all outfield players back for corners,we only failed to keep a clean sheet because of this, as we cleared the corner comfortably but as there was no outlet it was worked back in and they scored.

I'd imagine he will stick with this, he did it relgiously throughout his time with St Johnstone. You do need guys that will push out quickly though to prevent them getting the ball back in after it's cleared.

It can be frustrating but I imagine McInnes will say come the end of the season the stats will show it works.

Well done on your great result by the way. Looks like our season is about to turn to shit though. :(

I noticed against Brum that he everyone back for corners and set plays. Swings and roundsbouts I guess. It can go either way.

Personally I like to see an outlet as it helps relieve pressure but I can see why McInnes gets everyone defending given our current predicament.

city.gifMc Innes is starting to show his worth as he almost got his tactics spot on today.

We stopped Barnsley playing by closing down the man with the ball as quickly as possible and working our socks off and trying to be first to every ball,Cisse did a marking job on their dangerman Butterfield so well that their manger moved him out on the wing and for once Maynard was given support by the midfield when we attacked.

Overall a good performance but it could have been better with a clean sheet.

Good write up, I wasn't there but I reckon getting all outfield players back for opposition corners is a superb tactic considering we've conceded so many goals from corners in recent years. McInnes and Doherty now have that first win under their belts and I now reckon lower mid table now beckons for Christmas. :clapping:

Let's not go to over the top. It's great for Del & Doc to have that first win which will do the club the world of good. I doubt were get anything out of West Ham (though I'm going) but after then, we still got loads and loads of work to do to get out of safety and get as many points away from the drop zone as possible.

Archived