IGNORED

It Feels Great To Be A City Fan Again

Mrdc

The last few months have been really tough for us City fans.

At times my levels of interest have really dropped. Now after a couple of positive results I can feel it gushing back again and cannot wait for what will hopefully be another positive result,

I know we are not out of the woods yet but I think a big thank you should go to DM and TD for giving us some pride again.

At times my levels of interest have really dropped. Now after a couple of positive results I can feel it gushing back again and cannot wait for what will hopefully be another positive result,

I know we are not out of the woods yet but I think a big thank you should go to DM and TD for giving us some pride again.

Glory supporter then eh?

:innocent06:

Its still going to be a long hard road ahead, but at least the feel good factor is coming back, not just in the stands but with the players too

Del and Doc are going to transform us

Very true, it will be tough, I've said before it will be a couple of months before we start to pull clear in my view. BUT what a transformation, we are organised, the ball is played more oftern than not on the floor and to feet and its good to watch. Last night was a reguard action, but we did pose considerable threat to a very strong sudo Premier League outfit and had we nicked it at the end it would have been the perfect smash and grab peroformance.

Great atmosphere in the ground last night as everyone has said and a lot of pride from team and fans alike, great stuff...even the naff jokes from the driver on coach 6 contributed to the occassion.:laughcont:

Keep this going and we will be safe no doubt of that.

Based one loss, one win and one draw.

Get things in perspective. McInnes has achieved what pretty much any new manager would. Namely he's re-organised, given all the players a clean slate and introduced some new idea's, formations and tactics. Plus the players will put that extra bit of effort to impress the new bloke and as yet none of them have been overlooked. Ultimately that will happen and when it does happen it'll be interesting to see how McInnes deals with unhappy and possibly disruptive players.

Get things in perspective. McInnes has achieved what pretty much any new manager would. Namely he's re-organised, given all the players a clean slate and introduced some new idea's, formations and tactics. Plus the players will put that extra bit of effort to impress the new bloke and as yet none of them have been overlooked. Ultimately that will happen and when it does happen it'll be interesting to see how McInnes deals with unhappy and possibly disruptive players.

Don't be daft....yes extra effort, of course that's a Shay when a new manager starts, I don't think many would argue with that. But there is more to it than just effort, the ball was played on the deck to feet a massive improvement of the latter days of Johnson and the coaching from the Watford boot room continued by Millen. The team was organised not re-organised...the players knew what they were being asked to do and although we rode our luck on a few occasions, we actually caused them problems as well. I've seen enough poor managers at City to realise that a new manager does not necessarily meen improvement it's one of the reasons why there is a such a high turnover of managers because there are more poor ones than good ones.

As for new idea's formations and tactics, thats what the game is all about...and we have needed an overall of that for three years! Yes its early days but at least we have some spirit, belief and tactical understanding in the camp and a manager that seems far more dynamic.

Last nights result is a massive lift for the players, the fans and the club and was no fluke. Yes with a squad the size of ours some players will be left out and and moved on, there will be wholse changes next summer I would guess. Having Cisse back in the team, is like a new signing and there is only one bloke that takes credit for that. Of course there is a long way to go and there is no guarantee of success, but at least we look like a team that may well improve and work its way to safety rather than a team out on its feet, swaying agaginst the ropes waiting for the knockout punch!

What?

Its three games ffs. Just putting things in perspective rather than make premature 'messiah' type' remarks.

No one has called Del the messiah. No one called GJ the messiah (well maybe). No one called Millen the Messiah (except you). Most fans are reasonable - under GJ the team were motivated and hard working, until he lost the dressing room as they say. Millen had the dressing room for about 10 minutes and never came anywhere near it again. Del clearly has motivated the team, has the defence organised, brought in some players from the wilderness. It is a mark of how poor Millen's tenure was that 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss is enough to make the fans believe again...

Oh please.

GJ lost 9 out of what, the first 12 and you happily stuck the knife in. :disapointed2se:

Oh please.

GJ lost 9 out of what, the first 12 and you happily stuck the knife in. :disapointed2se:

What's that got to with anything? That's history and now we are in a new era. Its just a tad premature imo to be heaping gratuitous praise on McInnes after just three games.

For the record. I'll be heading to AG on saturday filled with more optimism that I can remember in the past 3 season's. That optimism stems from the new manager implementing his new formations and tactics which so far have proved effective. That said its very early days and there is a long road ahead.

What's that got to with anything? That's history and now we are in a new era. Its just a tad premature imo to be heaping gratuitous praise on McInnes after just three games

It was a tad premature to label GJ a conference manager but it didn't stop you.

It was a tad premature to label GJ a conference manager but it didn't stop you.

Nothing wrong with being a conference manager. My missis is managing one at the minute about coastal erosion. It's a very complex job. What has this to do with football? :tongue:

I happen to agree with RR.

I'm quietly pleased and confident for the future, but we're a long way short of proving that this team will climb to safety.

If we are 5 points clear of the relegation zone come January I'll start to believe that this chap has the golden touch.

Until then, we are further from safety than when he arrived. He really has a job on his hands.

I'm not going to get too excited yet.

I happen to agree with RR.

I'm quietly pleased and confident for the future, but we're a long way short of proving that this team will climb to safety.

If we are 5 points clear of the relegation zone come January I'll start to believe that this chap has the golden touch.

Until then, we are further from safety than when he arrived. He really has a job on his hands.

I'm not going to get too excited yet.

Thats an 11 point swing in just 9 matches. If we can acheive that Del must be some sort of miracle worker. I'll take being 5 points clear of the drop zone by the end of April.

Thats an 11 point swing in just 9 matches. If we can acheive that Del must be some sort of miracle worker. I'll take being 5 points clear of the drop zone by the end of April.

Millen did something similiar this time last season and he was clueless, so hopefully Del and Doc can do it too. We look more solid as a team now and yes i know its only 3 games in but please tell me you can see the difference!

Here's to being positive :drunk2:

Millen did something similiar this time last season and he was clueless, so hopefully Del and Doc can do it too. We look more solid as a team now and yes i know its only 3 games in but please tell me you can see the difference!

Here's to being positive :drunk2:

Of course I can see the difference. I am chuffed to bits with our new management duo and I believe they will lead us on to better things over the next couple of seasons. I just think it will be tough to pick up 11 points on 2 of the teams above us over a 9 game period (which is what CotswoldRed is asking for).

Nice Post and sums up how we all feel.

For the record having read the thread, we dont have to analyse the situation and give thoughts about who and why, lets just be happy we are playing better and dont look like a relegation team for now.

Good Luck to the boys on saturday

:clapping:

Of course I can see the difference. I am chuffed to bits with our new management duo and I believe they will lead us on to better things over the next couple of seasons. I just think it will be tough to pick up 11 points on 2 of the teams above us over a 9 game period (which is what CotswoldRed is asking for).

Not really that out of the question. It doesn't have to be any particular team, just whoever is on the slide at the time. As we saw last night, some of the bottom clubs will improve, ie, 'wall, Watford etc, but there will always be others on a bad run who will slip back and take their place. That's why it looks like we slipped back last night, but we've now gained a point on some of the mid-table sides.

If we keep getting results, we'll haul the teams above us back in, whoever that might be at the time. We showed last night that we've got the fight and ability to get out of the mire and I think we WILL be in a much more comfortable position in another 9 games.

I'm not asking for it - I'll settle for clear of the relegation zone.

I just think a few people seem overly convinced by DM already.

3 games proves very little. Millen showed that a few games doesn't necessarily point to future success.

What's that got to with anything? That's history and now we are in a new era. Its just a tad premature imo to be heaping gratuitous praise on McInnes after just three games.

For the record. I'll be heading to AG on saturday filled with more optimism that I can remember in the past 3 season's. That optimism stems from the new manager implementing his new formations and tactics which so far have proved effective. That said its very early days and there is a long road ahead.

You without any doubt whatsoever have no shame and are the biggest hypocrite on the forum. if it's history WTF did you feel the need to start this thread less than a week ago?.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/140860-this-made-me-smile/

To be a City supporter is not like having a silverspoon in your mouth. Therefore the 2 latest results makes me, us happy. Im a City fan whenever we lose or win. 54 years old am I now and I really hope that City under my lifetime once again can play in the highest leauge. Its a long way to go and at themoment I will be happy if we play in cc next season.

Archived