IGNORED

Martyn Woolford

bangers

Very Impressive Tonight.

Very solid on the left, broke well with pace and support Maynard looking a potential goal threat......

He also sees a pass that only Kilkenny does.....thought he looked very dangerous and potentially a top player.

Granted he gave the ball away a couple of times. but HE IS LOOKING LIKE THE PLAYER WE THOUGHT WE HAD SIGNED......Bolasie looked good too.

You're kidding, right?

Woolford posed no threat and kept playing us into trouble. It was a relief when he went off.

Had arguably our two best chances and was a much bigger threat in the 2nd half than Adomah ****il he got taken off)

Thought the way he cuts in and generally plays the right ball is something we have been missing.

There's something in what you're saying, but second half he was a liability, poorest player on the team and blindingly obvious choice to sub. I don't think he has a future unless he can do a lot more.

Has his good and bad moments...

He Hasn't made as much as an impact as we all thought when we signed him (weight on his shoulders)

With a little more game time and consistency you never know he may prove himself and become a regular face in the side, which he has yet to do

Wishful thinking maybe :closedeyes:

Had arguably our two best chances and was a much bigger threat in the 2nd half than Adomah ****il he got taken off)

Thought the way he cuts in and generally plays the right ball is something we have been missing.

If football was all about cutting inside and the like he would be alright but it isn't and he is poor at passing.. i counted 4 missed passes by him and one of them should have been a goal directly from it. McGivern gave up with him mid point second half and soon after he was off. He has his attributes but from what i have seen of him, albeit only 3 or 4 times, he is not up to scratch. Hope he improves.

I'm sure Del will give him 5-6 games and if he's not improved he'll be back on the bench at best. Maybe with him on the left we actually are more balanced and while he's no Albert perhaps stops teams doubling up on Albert as they know he can go out wide rather than JCR who cuts inside and can be dealt with by the centre half.

I think he'll steadily improve with more games - am I right in think we've not lost a game when he's been on the pitch, or even conceded?

Yes Tom, I agree. We do look balanced - we need to give him 4 or 5 games and hopefully he gain some confidence - we could then have a totally different player on out hands

Not if we have many fans like the tw*t behind me last night, who constantly slagged him off every time he touched the ball.

Sometimes the best players dont make the best team. Woolford was our worst player, yet he does give the team a good balance and structure, which you need when you're up against a superior team like WH.

And some of the abuse a few people around me were giving him was disgraceful.

I will hold my hands up I dont rate him and cant see how he will be in dels long term plans but I will back him whilst he plays for BCFC during a game what is the point getting on a players back whilst he's at least trying his best even if he isn't good enough.

Archived