IGNORED

Riberio & Edwards Out On Loan

Donald

It's crazy for fans to write Ribs off. He has excellent potential and just needs to put the injury problems behind him. He is very good going forward and has the potential to be a superb full back. He's probably the best attacking full back we have had for a long time; yes he must of course crucially improve his defensive game, but he's still very inexperienced (sadly due to a combination of injuries and our Managers reluctance to play anyone inexperienced in the last few years). I hope he has a good run on loan and stays injury free. It would be a real shame for us to bin him and watch him go on to have a great career elsewhere.

Agreed..Touch wood he has now played 10 competitive reserve team games without injurry and appears to have sorted his phsycological problems out. Im sure he will get injuries in the future, as all Footballers do but lets hope he looks after himself for the rest of the season and learns to play through the pain barrier of some of the minor injurries he will get. There is a big incentive for him to do well at Carlisle. And I rekon if he can keep fit he could possibly earn himself another seasons contract.

I appreciate I fight his corner and he may not be everyones cup of tea, but as a Welshman I always remember his performances for the Welsh junior teams against players like Walcott, Macheda, & and Balotteli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGtpf41530Y.

I wouldn't make any assumption about their futures based on a loan move.

It's useful first team experience and builds match fitness at the very least.

Spence's loan can finish in January and McGivern's on 28 day notice.

Edwards and Ribs will have clean slates with the new manager and if they impress they may yet become first teamers.

It makes no sense with 5 on the bench for them to be hanging around if they could be playing, I'd read no more into it than that.

City have given Carlisle permission to play him in the FA Cup 1st round, which means he will be cup-tied and cannot play for us at a later date. That suggests he is not seen as a potential first team player by the management, which is a pity as he always looked accomplished (when fit). By going to Carlisle, though, he is showing a determination to kick-start his career. I hope he does well.

Agree with the last few posts, seen little of riberio he's got this "great potential"

Taking aside his mentality and fitness issues,

Defensively I think thats the weakest part of his game, hes very much a modern full back in that he's better going forward that he is defensively, what his long term position is I don't know but I don't see it in defence, especially not at this level,

Defensively Wilson is a much better prospect I feel.

He's a player I'd be looking to move on in January, if we can get a 6 figure transfer fee with a sale-on, I'd flog him,

Absolutely. I think the highlighted bit sums it up, he's a defender who isn't any good at defending.

He has made just 14 appearances in his time at City, hasn't got on the pitch for one minute for the first team in 2011, is now being allowed to play in the FA Cup for Carlisle, where does that tell you that his career is heading with us?

Absolutely. I think the highlighted bit sums it up, he's a defender who isn't any good at defending.

He has made just 14 appearances in his time at City, hasn't got on the pitch for one minute for the first team in 2011, is now being allowed to play in the FA Cup for Carlisle, where does that tell you that his career is heading with us?

Probably nowhere...we wont see him playing in the Championship for Bristol City...but I dont think hes too worried about that at the moment. And your assuming of course that City get a better cup run than Lisle which considering current form is pretty unlikely.:laugh:

Per Ardua ad Astra.

Now....on with the next game and how are we going to win it....

According to the local paper up north, he is allowed to play in the FA cup for them.

Another sign surely that he's isn't in our plans, you don't let a player you want to keep get cup-tied.

I wonder if being allowed to play in the FA cup was a requirement of the loan by Carlisle without which the loan opportunity would have been withdrawn. (Believe they are sending back an existing Newcastle loan to accomodate Ribs)

In which case it is probably more positive than many of the posters above seem to be promoting. Looks to me, it is better explained as the Mgr recognising the need for Ribs to get some 1st team football to become a real option for City and therefore agreeing to support the Carlisle request. Even though, as you point out, that would not have been his preferred postion. Appears to be a great example of this new Mgt regime taking a braoder view of what is best for the club. Big well done to City Mgt team. There again what do I know. Just an opinion.

Not sure about this - I reckon we've every chance of getting to the third round... innocent06.gif

I think we might actually do ok in the cup this year. I sense Del is bringing a different mentality to the club and after our gritty performance at West Ham I fancy us to give a big team a difficult game. You never know, we are due a cup run! Please!!!

Archived