IGNORED

Riberio & Edwards Out On Loan

Donald

I think Ribs is finished here, although he's impressed me everytime i've seen him theres obviously the injury fear and for whatever reason hasn't been given a look in under the previous two regimes (apart from a brief spell when we realised hunt might not be very good.

Might be issues with him behind the scenes?

Both out on loan till new year

Riberio to Carlisle

Edwards back to stockport

Good move for Edwards to get some first team football

Imagine Riberio will be with long term move to moving him on

Surely its a good move for both of them to get some first team football. For me Ribeiro is twice the player of Edwards and is just going out on loan to prove his fitness, he is easily one of our best defenders if we can get him fit and in a good condition - that maybe the job for Kunle to do !

That would make sense because McGivern is a left back.................................

Er, didn't quite think that through. Never post at the same time as compiling a mix on another screen. :laughcont:

Skuse is doing a solid job in that position, but it Ribeiro is his obvious replacement if he needs to be pushed into MF.

PS: At least I can spell his name right!

I wouldn't make any assumption about their futures based on a loan move.

It's useful first team experience and builds match fitness at the very least.

Spence's loan can finish in January and McGivern's on 28 day notice.

Edwards and Ribs will have clean slates with the new manager and if they impress they may yet become first teamers.

It makes no sense with 5 on the bench for them to be hanging around if they could be playing, I'd read no more into it than that.

I think Ribs is finished here, although he's impressed me everytime i've seen him theres obviously the injury fear and for whatever reason hasn't been given a look in under the previous two regimes (apart from a brief spell when we realised hunt might not be very good.

Might be issues with him behind the scenes?

No real issues... club wouldnt sell him or loan him to Charlton or more recently Birmingham and his injurry problems appear to be behind him. He will pick up the occasional groin or hamstring throughout his career of course.... who doesnt? I think we might see him in the Championship next season perhaps not for City

There are some good sides in the TH of Div 1 and the standard of the top of 1 and the bottom of the Championship is pretty much on a par so its a good opportunity for him to be fighting for a playoff position rather than fending of relegation and an opportunity to put himself back in the International picture ..... Plus he can get into the Lake Distict on Sundays which is a bonus.:laughcont:

Good move for both Players to develop and get some first team football.

All round good deal.

No real issues... club wouldnt sell him or loan him to Charlton or more recently Birmingham and his injurry problems appear to be behind him. He will pick up the occasional groin or hamstring throughout his career of course.... who doesnt? I think we might see him in the Championship next season perhaps not for City

There are some good sides in the TH of Div 1 and the standard of the top of 1 and the bottom of the Championship is pretty much on a par so its a good opportunity for him to be fighting for a playoff position rather than fending of relegation and an opportunity to put himself back in the International picture ..... Plus he can get into the Lake Distict on Sundays which is a bonus.:laughcont:

Good move for both Players to develop and get some first team football.

All round good deal.

Barca not interested then?

Er, didn't quite think that through. Never post at the same time as compiling a mix on another screen. :laughcont:

Skuse is doing a solid job in that position, but it Ribeiro is his obvious replacement if he needs to be pushed into MF.

PS: At least I can spell his name right!

Congratulations on that. You must feel a great sense of achievement top spell like someone as good as me!

Haha

Is that supposed to be funny, sarcasm or just another stupidly inane comment...?

Dave, Ribs has a career in professional football no doubt, the amount of injuries he has had so early in his career will restrict how far he goes in it. Definately has talent but doesn't appear to have the correct temperment that good players do. The little niggles he picks up constantly rules him out for weeks whereas the top players would play through them. He may indeed get to play championship football again one day, but I would hazard a guess he will fall into the lower leagues for most of it.

Nothing to be ashamed of as a professional footballer, because very few people have the talent to play professionally. There are a lot of very talented footballers playing in the lower leagues, a good percentage of them like David Noble don't have the correct attitude to play to their potential consistently. Ribs is one of those players in my opinion.

Actually you are not wrong in some respects as Ribeiro is not a bad Left back either.

Having watched Ribeiro several times I reckon that full back is not his best position, right or left. Positionally he's weak and doesn't read the game well from either corner.

I reckon because of his stocky stature, tackling ability, quick feet and agility he'd be better off as a midfielder. Don't know if he's ever played there.

Having watched Ribeiro several times I reckon that full back is not his best position, right or left. Positionally he's weak and doesn't read the game well from either corner.

I reckon because of his stocky stature, tackling ability, quick feet and agility he'd be better off as a midfielder. Don't know if he's ever played there.

Ive often thought he is positionally poor at fullback, yet he has the drive and passing ability to be a wide ride or even attacking midfielder. Hes played well at RB when hes fit but i cant help but think that the attributes he holds, he would be better off in a more advanced position where he could really hurt teams. The game after the Newcastle game on sky, he made so many driving runs from deep the opponents (who they were I dont know) shat themselves everytime.

Ive often thought he is positionally poor at fullback, yet he has the drive and passing ability to be a wide ride or even attacking midfielder. Hes played well at RB when hes fit but i cant help but think that the attributes he holds, he would be better off in a more advanced position where he could really hurt teams. The game after the Newcastle game on sky, he made so many driving runs from deep the opponents (who they were I dont know) shat themselves everytime.

Agreed, i think he seems to have a bit of pace and vision which would be perfect as a player behind the strikers in a 5 man midfield almost like the barcelona/man city formations. Again though, i don't thinbk we've seen enough of him and he's played under enough managers now who haven't seen enough to play him.

It's crazy for fans to write Ribs off. He has excellent potential and just needs to put the injury problems behind him. He is very good going forward and has the potential to be a superb full back. He's probably the best attacking full back we have had for a long time; yes he must of course crucially improve his defensive game, but he's still very inexperienced (sadly due to a combination of injuries and our Managers reluctance to play anyone inexperienced in the last few years). I hope he has a good run on loan and stays injury free. It would be a real shame for us to bin him and watch him go on to have a great career elsewhere.

Agree with the last few posts, seen little of riberio he's got this "great potential"

Taking aside his mentality and fitness issues,

Defensively I think thats the weakest part of his game, hes very much a modern full back in that he's better going forward that he is defensively, what his long term position is I don't know but I don't see it in defence, especially not at this level,

Defensively Wilson is a much better prospect I feel.

He's a player I'd be looking to move on in January, if we can get a 6 figure transfer fee with a sale-on, I'd flog him,

Archived