IGNORED

Where Are They Now: Danny Wilson

The Exiled Robin

I liked Wilson. Shame he messed up the play-off final.

me too I was so angry when they sacked him and appointed tinnion granted he took us as far as he could but at the time he was a pretty big manager and i expected some one better to take over...

Top bloke,

Despite his lack of control off the field, was a very unlucky manager,

We were pretty much good enough to go up 2 maybe 3 times when he was here, but due to key injuries and suspensions late in the season we kept missing out,

Lansdown was very nieve to sack him, something that he'd never publically admit however.

The decision to sack danny wilson was the right one - despite the fact the replacement wasn't very good.

If we were ever going to get promotion under Wilson it was that season - could'nt see us coming back from that play-off final defeat....

His post match interview was a disgrace if I remember rightly

Lansdown was very nieve to sack him, something that he'd never publically admit however.

He's never got any team promoted out of L1 has he?

That last season under DW was bloody awful bar the 11 game winning streak. Too many favourites (hello, Lee Peacock), too many players pissing it up (hello, Lee Peacock) and ignoring academy talent in Lita. Don't even get me started about his interviews. Wasn't his last fateful interview changing his tune from 'losing isn't an option' :fastasleep:

First couple of seasons was lovely to watch but the time was right for change. The change didn't need to be Tinnion though, that was probably the only mistake.

I went to the Sheffield Derby a couple of weeks back and United were 2 0 up and cruising. But Wilson didn't change things at all when Wednesday started dominating and in the end Wednesday pulled it back to 2-2, scoring both in the last 10 minutes of the match.

I always quite liked him but the United fans were moaning about him at the end and it reminded me of when we lost to Brighton.

The decision to sack danny wilson was the right one - despite the fact the replacement wasn't very good.

If we were ever going to get promotion under Wilson it was that season - could'nt see us coming back from that play-off final defeat....

His post match interview was a disgrace if I remember rightly

you remember rightly

Archived