IGNORED

David James

Pickle Rick

A good, young Bristol-born, England U19 'keeper who somehow ended up coming through the ranks at Birmingham. Think he's on loan at Cheltenham at the moment, but I'd be interested to know why he wasn't taken on by our failing Academy.

he turned us down to sign for birmingham

Well they were probably chatting shit then. He'd just had a good season in pretty much every ones opinion including sports writers and was responsible for keeping Chelsea at bay in the cup final with a quality performance.

Actually, I'm more inclined to believe the word of several long-standing Fratton Park ST holders than that of 'sports writers'.

Like me now, they had mixed feelings about James. He did pull of some outstanding saves for them - as I acknowledged in my last post - but even then they told me his kicking was terrible and he had the tendency to spill what should be seemingly easy catches.

I haven't watched him in the last three games, but it seems that DM's influence has extended to James and he's had very good games. That is pleasing. Overall though, I wish we hadn't signed him and instead had signed someone equally as good for half the money.

Still, hindsight's a wonderful thing. At the time, despite my mates' warnings, I was as excited as anyone on this forum.

I've heard a few bizarre excuses to defend a James error but that takes the biscuit.

Please watch the highlights and watch James as the player takes the shot.

You mean you have to dive BEFORE the shot's been taken? Oh. I did not know that.

Same goes for you, you sarcastic ****. :disapointed2se:

A good, young Bristol-born, England U19 'keeper who somehow ended up coming through the ranks at Birmingham. Think he's on loan at Cheltenham at the moment, but I'd be interested to know why he wasn't taken on by our failing Academy.

I'm also led to believe he was a big City fan when he was younger, he gave the Rovers fans some serious stick when Cheltenham beat them earlier in the season and he gets really good on Football Manager. Three definite reasons why we should sign him!

Ummm Tp be honest guys a lot of you dont really have a clue about a goalkeeper and probably a lot of you have never been one! As a goalkeeper with a players 6 yards out as soon as the player lifts his back foot you look as the shape of his body because this gives a good idea of which way the strikers gunna put it and you just start going that way before the player has even struck the ball! To me as as a goalkeeper its such a clever finish! James has to do that and make his mind up because if he just stands there and waits for the player to hit it from 6 yards out he aint got a hope in hell chance of saving it!

This is a forum and all about people's opinions. The vast majority of users enter into good debate without the need to insult others. You seem inept to convey your thoughts and opinions without having a personal dig at somebody else. That's a shame and ultimately has a detrimental effect on the overall tone of this forum.

Not really true that though is it, the vast majority of users start off intending to be polite but get dragged into spats. Sarcasm is evident in most posts on any forum, particularly one like this that has such a depth of opinion. It's also funny that you take it personally when most of your posts are clearly aimed at getting a bite, if you do not want vociferous replies than stop being so deliberately outlandish and provocative with your posts.

The above aside, I had tried to convey (poorly it seems) that l thought James had a good game, whereas in my opinion, he has been pretty awful for much if this season. I commented on the goal as l thought it was an error on his part. Apart from that he made some brilliant saves and the goal aside, it was one if the best games l gave seen him play for BCFC.

Indeed you did convey it poorly, Though this is a prime example of my previous point regarding your postings. Focussing on the negative (One which wasn't even that bad) of a player you have previously slated when they have had by your own (late) admission a good game. If you want balanced responses would it not be advisable to make balanced posts not following some long term agenda?If I say something controversial I won't moan about the responses... Mostly I just find them pretty funny..

Moving on, no l do not rate Maynard as highly as others do on here. I think he is overrated. Pitman in my opinion, is a far better striker. I also hate the fact he has gained a position where he can go for nothing at the end if the season.

Example number two. Here you have tried to say it in a concealed and mild mannered way but in reality you have consistently vented bile and, by your above admission, Hatred towards our best player. And yes, he is our best player. Reputations don't mean much at all in football and do you really think anyone would bid over £6m for a player if they weren't bloody good? You're dislike of a player for having ambitions beyond a mediocre second division club is about as small minded as I can fathom, is it any wonder the area from which we reside is subconsciously viewed as a backward grassland inhabited by carrot crunching morons and farmers alike? I don't really need to make the arguments again as you have, over the course of the summer, refused to acknowledge them once... But for the purposes of you're attempt to take the higher ground I will again:

Maynard has as yet done nothing but play to the best of his abilities for this club.

He has been worth the money we invested.

He has honoured the 4 year contract we offered him.

Maynard is a good player and better than some of the strikers in the Premier League, He only has one career and is now at an age where he cannot be classed as "young". He needs to get a move to the top flight now or his career could stagnate.Moving on a free transfer is a sure fire way of increasing your options, MaCauley and Jones would never have signed for a club like West Brom had they not been Bosmans.

He has no reason to be loyal to a club he does not support, BCFC weren't loyal to Noble or Brooker when they were left on the scrap heap were they? so that argument is a complete non starter.

I'll be pleased for him if he gets his move (That we are only speculating he wants) but gutted that City will no longer have him, I'll also be gutted we didn't get a bid from a prem club that was acceptable so we could replace him with a big investment. I do not have to be so blind and biased that I cannot see why a player would take those actions though. As I said, its just small minded.

As for Adomah, well he was simply unplayable on Saturday. I'll hold my hands up to making a silly comment about him a few weeks ago.

Good.

Now, I give you more credit than having one brain cell, so a polite response would be welcome and please resist that urge your better than that.

I really do hope that this was sufficient for you, I have tried (reasonably) hard to refrain from sarcasm, old tricks die hard and all that.

Ummm Tp be honest guys a lot of you dont really have a clue about a goalkeeper and probably a lot of you have never been one! As a goalkeeper with a players 6 yards out as soon as the player lifts his back foot you look as the shape of his body because this gives a good idea of which way the strikers gunna put it and you just start going that way before the player has even struck the ball! To me as as a goalkeeper its such a clever finish! James has to do that and make his mind up because if he just stands there and waits for the player to hit it from 6 yards out he aint got a hope in hell chance of saving it!

Thank you! :innocent06:

When I see him play week in week out it appears obvious he is the weakest link in the team.

Very poor distribution, very poor team contribution and doesn't seem to have grasped how to tip the ball over the bar/round the post. He likes to just palm them out for the rebound to instead hit the back of the net.

Gerken does not seem to be the answer.

Henderson shouldn't have left and it appears he is now 1st choice at pompy.

I'm sure Derek McInnes can notice the obvious so I wonder if he feels enkleman is good enough?

A lot of the time, the main difference between teams in this league is down to the goalie. Biggest example this season I'd say was when we lost at home to Reading.

I would be interested to see how the goalie position 'progresses'.We conceded 2 goals in 3 games. 7 points in 3 games. If the defends ok DJ ok imo.

Not really true that though is it, the vast majority of users start off intending to be polite but get dragged into spats. Sarcasm is evident in most posts on any forum, particularly one like this that has such a depth of opinion. It's also funny that you take it personally when most of your posts are clearly aimed at getting a bite, if you do not want vociferous replies than stop being so deliberately outlandish and provocative with your posts.

Indeed you did convey it poorly, Though this is a prime example of my previous point regarding your postings. Focussing on the negative (One which wasn't even that bad) of a player you have previously slated when they have had by your own (late) admission a good game. If you want balanced responses would it not be advisable to make balanced posts not following some long term agenda?If I say something controversial I won't moan about the responses... Mostly I just find them pretty funny..

Example number two. Here you have tried to say it in a concealed and mild mannered way but in reality you have consistently vented bile and, by your above admission, Hatred towards our best player. And yes, he is our best player. Reputations don't mean much at all in football and do you really think anyone would bid over £6m for a player if they weren't bloody good? You're dislike of a player for having ambitions beyond a mediocre second division club is about as small minded as I can fathom, is it any wonder the area from which we reside is subconsciously viewed as a backward grassland inhabited by carrot crunching morons and farmers alike? I don't really need to make the arguments again as you have, over the course of the summer, refused to acknowledge them once... But for the purposes of you're attempt to take the higher ground I will again:

Maynard has as yet done nothing but play to the best of his abilities for this club.

He has been worth the money we invested.

He has honoured the 4 year contract we offered him.

Maynard is a good player and better than some of the strikers in the Premier League, He only has one career and is now at an age where he cannot be classed as "young". He needs to get a move to the top flight now or his career could stagnate.Moving on a free transfer is a sure fire way of increasing your options, MaCauley and Jones would never have signed for a club like West Brom had they not been Bosmans.

He has no reason to be loyal to a club he does not support, BCFC weren't loyal to Noble or Brooker when they were left on the scrap heap were they? so that argument is a complete non starter.

I'll be pleased for him if he gets his move (That we are only speculating he wants) but gutted that City will no longer have him, I'll also be gutted we didn't get a bid from a prem club that was acceptable so we could replace him with a big investment. I do not have to be so blind and biased that I cannot see why a player would take those actions though. As I said, its just small minded.

Good.

I really do hope that this was sufficient for you, I have tried (reasonably) hard to refrain from sarcasm, old tricks die hard and all that.

Well done, l knew you could do it.

However, as l said previously it's all about opinions and l think yours are wrong.

Thanks for finding the time to respond though.

Archived