IGNORED

David James

Pickle Rick

When I see him play week in week out it appears obvious he is the weakest link in the team.

Very poor distribution, very poor team contribution and doesn't seem to have grasped how to tip the ball over the bar/round the post. He likes to just palm them out for the rebound to instead hit the back of the net.

Gerken does not seem to be the answer.

Henderson shouldn't have left and it appears he is now 1st choice at pompy.

I'm sure Derek McInnes can notice the obvious so I wonder if he feels enkleman is good enough?

A lot of the time, the main difference between teams in this league is down to the goalie. Biggest example this season I'd say was when we lost at home to Reading.

I would be interested to see how the goalie position 'progresses'.

When I see him play week in week out it appears obvious he is the weakest link in the team.

Very poor distribution, very poor team contribution and doesn't seem to have grasped how to tip the ball over the bar/round the post. He likes to just palm them out for the rebound to instead hit the back of the net.

Gerken does not seem to be the answer.

Henderson shouldn't have left and it appears he is now 1st choice at pompy.

I'm sure Derek McInnes can notice the obvious so I wonder if he feels enkleman is good enough?

A lot of the time, the main difference between teams in this league is down to the goalie. Biggest example this season I'd say was when we lost at home to Reading.

I would be interested to see how the goalie position 'progresses'.

It's fair to say that David James has not had his best season so far. However, I still believe that he is one of the best keepers in the Championship.

So far, it would appear that Derek McIness agrees with me. If in the future he should agree with you, so be it.

Let's put this context, based on his performances so far this season (which have been by and large atrocious) l thought he did ok yesterday..........until l saw the Burnley goal.

What was he doing? He had dived low to his right before that Wallace had even hit the shot, who hey presto, slotted nicely into the the otherwise of the goal.

Reality is he ain't good enough and l hope Del Boy is looking to trade in an underperforming (to be kind) striker for a decent keeper!

Really pisses me off because its the same thing every home game with our fans. As soon as James picks up the ball or puts the ball down for a goal kick he gets constant abuse from fans shouting at him : 'throw it now', 'kick it quicker' and 'hurry up James'.

If he listened to the clueless p***** shouting at him, he'd put his own players under pressure on the ball and give away possession right on the edge of the box, then i suppose the moaners would moan even more because he made us concede a goal.

I dont know what everyones problem is, its like they have a grudge against him even before the match starts !

Then again, most of our fans moan when we've kept possession for 10 minutes and then give away the ball!

No mention of the save that kept 0-0 after we had all the play then?

Could have been a different afternoon had that gone in.

On balance he probably does make more errors than outstanding saves but i think hes the best of what we have. Losing hendo was a joke to be fair. He will play prem in the next 5 yrs which i dont feel can be said about gerks.

Im sure del boys on it. How old is this enkleman fella these days anyway?

Let's put this context, based on his performances so far this season (which have been by and large atrocious) l thought he did ok yesterday..........until l saw the Burnley goal.

What was he doing? He had dived low to his right before that Wallace had even hit the shot, who hey presto, slotted nicely into the the otherwise of the goal.

Reality is he ain't good enough and l hope

Del Boy is looking to trade in an underperforming (to be kind) striker for a decent keeper!

So what about the save in the first half when we were nil nil and the cracking second half stop when the ball moved in the air and he was going one way and managed to save with his right hand.

Like so many other players in the past fans have to find someone to mOan about. To slate james when he has been part of a succesful unbeaten run including a clean sheet at west ham is just incredible.

So what about the save in the first half when we were nil nil and the cracking second half stop when the ball moved in the air and he was going one way and managed to save with his right hand.

Like so many other players in the past fans have to find someone to mOan about. To slate james when he has been part of a succesful unbeaten run including a clean sheet at west ham is just incredible.

Unbelievable

Unbeaten run in three, which hasn't happened since last season, so tell me what he's done for the last 40 games or so before last week?

Really pisses me off because its the same thing every home game with our fans. As soon as James picks up the ball or puts the ball down for a goal kick he gets constant abuse from fans shouting at him : 'throw it now', 'kick it quicker' and 'hurry up James'.

If he listened to the clueless p***** shouting at him, he'd put his own players under pressure on the ball and give away possession right on the edge of the box, then i suppose the moaners would moan even more because he made us concede a goal.

I dont know what everyones problem is, its like they have a grudge against him even before the match starts !

Then again, most of our fans moan when we've kept possession for 10 minutes and then give away the ball!

Agree with this James can only roll it out if there are players in space not being marked but I noticed today and the Birmingham game we did what we did last season the centre backs coming deep to get the ball straight away. James threw it out to players when they had space but there is no point putting pressure on himself if a opposition player nips in and then creates a chance. One thing I do admit though is I hate kicks he kicks into the air that are in a straight line as we barely get onto those ones.

He made at least one great save in the first half before we scored,then 2/3 more good saves and a brilliant save when I think it was 2-1 possibly? Where he dived somehow adjusted his arms mid air and made a brilliant save.

As for the goal he didn't have a chance wallace has a great left foot and will score against any keeper in this league given the space hence scoring 4 goals in 4 games. For once I agreed with James to be annoyed at the defence, they were completely asleep but the defence were great overall.

So the prospective answer to solving an issue where an older keeper who is blocking development of others (James), is to potentially sign another older keeper (Enkleman) to ensure the status quo?

Just checking

I'm not saying we should get a young goalie, I'm more or less saying that DJ is clearly the weakest link in our team (probably also highest payed) and we could do with improvement in that area the most!

Should go for Jack Butland, great keeper...also a mate so my view could be a bit biased hahaha

but in all seriousness he's probably out of our range as a future England number 1. Amos is a good shout as is young Rudd from norwich!

Maybe Rachubka could be the man for us? laughcont.gif

Reality is he ain't good enough and l hope Del Boy is looking to trade in an underperforming (to be kind) striker for a decent keeper!

He was diving where the player was trying to hit the shot, the fact that Wallace didn't kick the ball cleanly and it looped into the goal somehwere completely different obviously hasn't occurred to you? :dunno:

He was diving where the player was trying to hit the shot, the fact that Wallace didn't kick the ball cleanly and it looped into the goal somehwere completely different obviously hasn't occurred to you? :dunno:

I've heard a few bizarre excuses to defend a James error but that takes the biscuit.

You mean you have to dive BEFORE the shot's been taken? Oh. I did not know that.

I guess the guy making this thread was not at the West Ham game where Jamo was class! He had a good game yesterday aswell, goal looked bit slopping sort of went over his hand, but he dominated the area well coming out and catching/ punching crosses and people seem to forget The saves he pulls of week in week out! He made 2 world class saves yesterday! As a goalkeeper myself i know a lot of things a goalkeeper has to do is harder than it looks!

whatever

For the record REDHOPE doesn't rate Adomah or Maynard. Disagreeing with him is generally a sign of having a brain cell.

The save first half was world class, he also claimed every cross into the box confidently and effectively. His distribution was shakey, but Adomah makes some irratic runs sometimes which makes the person throwing it look silly.

Must say, only 2 goals conceded in this little unbeaten run. It's an improvement for sure, may have been wrong about him based on his poor form earlier in the season- still it's clear now that neither he nor Gerken are the long term answer- James by dint of his age, Gerken because right now he seems not entirely up to the job- 0-5 at Blackpool a case in point...I trust both of their contracts are up in the summer. Jury still out methinks but encouraging signs lately.

For the record REDHOPE doesn't rate Adomah or Maynard. Disagreeing with him is generally a sign of having a brain cell.

The save first half was world class, he also claimed every cross into the box confidently and effectively. His distribution was shakey, but Adomah makes some irratic runs sometimes which makes the person throwing it look silly.

The problem DJ really has though is his inability to push momentum through the team like a lot of Championship goalies do.

Instead, I see DJ as a 'reset' button everytime he ends up with the ball. This makes our team need to work a lot harder when he could keep things going along. His distribution is very important at this level and it is plain and simples - not good enough!

Another thing (the way I see it), if he is poayed the most, then surely he should be classed as a strong link in the team. Money aside, DJ is still the weakest player in our first XI.

Four words: Not Worth The Money.

We could do better for less. Pompey fans warned me when we signed him that James was over-the-hill.

Still makes the occasional spectacular save, but also makes the more than odd f-ck up.

We wont get rid of him, because of his contract, but boy, will I be glad when Del brings in his choice of GK.

Four words: Not Worth The Money.

We could do better for less. Pompey fans warned me when we signed him that James was over-the-hill.

Still makes the occasional spectacular save, but also makes the more than odd f-ck up.

We wont get rid of him, because of his contract, but boy, will I be glad when Del brings in his choice of GK.

Well they were probably chatting shit then. He'd just had a good season in pretty much every ones opinion including sports writers and was responsible for keeping Chelsea at bay in the cup final with a quality performance.

Well they were probably chatting shit then. He'd just had a good season in pretty much every ones opinion including sports writers and was responsible for keeping Chelsea at bay in the cup final with a quality performance.

For someone who has frequented these forums for so long you seem to have forgotten the golden rule on OTIB, rewriting history to suit your arguments or agenda is an entirely valid technique.

Keep up.

This is a forum and all about people's opinions. The vast majority of users enter into good debate without the need to insult others. You seem inept to convey your thoughts and opinions without having a personal dig at somebody else. That's a shame and ultimately has a detrimental effect on the overall tone of this forum.

The above aside, I had tried to convey (poorly it seems) that l thought James had a good game, whereas in my opinion, he has been pretty awful for much if this season. I commented on the goal as l thought it was an error on his part. Apart from that he made some brilliant saves and the goal aside, it was one if the best games l gave seen him play for BCFC.

Moving on, no l do not rate Maynard as highly as others do on here. I think he is overrated. Pitman in my opinion, is a far better striker. I also hate the fact he has gained a position where he can go for nothing at the end if the season.

As for Adomah, well he was simply unplayable on Saturday. I'll hold my hands up to making a silly comment about him a few weeks ago.

Now, I give you more credit than having one brain cell, so a polite response would be welcome and please resist that urge your better than that.

Who?

A good, young Bristol-born, England U19 'keeper who somehow ended up coming through the ranks at Birmingham. Think he's on loan at Cheltenham at the moment, but I'd be interested to know why he wasn't taken on by our failing Academy.

Archived