IGNORED

Scuffle

NOTR

This myth does my head in. Orr did not head-butt carey and carey was the agressor

Totally agree with you, Carey was very much the agressor. (Not that I think two passionate players such as Carey and Orr coming together like that is much of an issue).

While we're on the subject I have to say that Johnson handled that week absolutely superbly. We'd have a pretty average start, two key players had a bit of a scuffle on the tele, three players had been sent to prison and we'd sold our brightest young talent. But the 'us against the world' mentality that Johnson installed over that week brought everyone together and was the building blocks of an unshakable team spirit that was main reason that we found ourselves ninety minutes away from the Premier League less than two years on.

Totally agree with you, Carey was very much the agressor. (Not that I think two passionate players such as Carey and Orr coming together like that is much of an issue).

While we're on the subject I have to say that Johnson handled that week absolutely superbly. We'd have a pretty average start, two key players had a bit of a scuffle on the tele, three players had been sent to prison and we'd sold our brightest young talent. But the 'us against the world' mentality that Johnson installed over that week brought everyone together and was the building blocks of an unshakable team spirit that was main reason that we found ourselves ninety minutes away from the Premier League less than two years on.

It was definately the turning point and no one could have predicted how far the team went afterwards...

But its slightly annoying that history seems to remember Orr as being totally at fault which is harsh - I would put more blame on carey.

I can remember it so well, I was SO frustrated at that point I punched a wall or something and ****ed my hand up..... and we went on to win!!

It was definately the turning point and no one could have predicted how far the team went afterwards...

But its slightly annoying that history seems to remember Orr as being totally at fault which is harsh - I would put more blame on carey.

I can remember it so well, I was SO frustrated at that point I punched a wall or something and ****ed my hand up..... and we went on to win!!

Myrie-Williams' dive to win the penalty for our third goal will always have a special place in my heart!

I see it that way too.

But maybe Orr shouldn't of played? He knew he was facing the possibility prison a few days later and that has to affect anyone. I can also understand why he wanted to play. I can't undertand why carey, who would have been aware of this, pushed him to the limit like he did though.

Such a lot has happened since then, it seems like a long, long time ago.

I see it that way too.

But maybe Orr shouldn't of played? He knew he was facing the possibility prison a few days later and that has to affect anyone. I can also understand why he wanted to play. I can't undertand why carey, who would have been aware of this, pushed him to the limit like he did though.Such a lot has happened since then, it seems like a long, long time ago.

As I previously said, I agree that Carey was the main agressor that day, but in the middle of what was at the time a poor performance if he feels that Orr had lost his man, which I believe is what started the argument, he isn't going to be thinking about Brad being in prison three days later is he!

As for Orr playing, I think the club and players involved were genuinely shocked that Orr and Brooker were sent to prison.

Suprised no one has mentioned the spat between our centre halves after they thought a penalty had been awarded in the second half,the ref actually gave offside.They were pushing and shoving each other and giving plenty of verbals,and continued discussing it for a while afterwards.Seemed alright after thr final wistle though.

Healthy!!!!!

You ought to se me and the mrs fight over a malteser :surrender:

Archived