IGNORED

Man Of The Match

gaz897

Watching the game yesterday and I thought Pearson was fantastic. Scored 1 and made 1. Could have easily scored 2. Creatively he was good, tackled ok and the amount of time he was free on the far post but never spotted was unreal. At least 3 times. Too many of our players would have blasted the ball from a tight angle at goal but he squared it to Pitman. It rubs off on the team, both Adomah and Maynard were crossing and looking for players better in the final 3rd. He was a class act at Celtic and I hope we sign him in January.

Watching the game yesterday and I thought Pearson was fantastic. Scored 1 and made 1. Could have easily scored 2. Creatively he was good, tackled ok and the amount of time he was free on the far post but never spotted was unreal. At least 3 times. Too many of our players would have blasted the ball from a tight angle at goal but he squared it to Pitman. It rubs off on the team, both Adomah and Maynard were crossing and looking for players better in the final 3rd. He was a class act at Celtic and I hope we sign him in January.

Not sure I'd sign him in January on the back of one good performance, but if he can keep it up then why not? Only concern is that he can be injury prone, so let's see how he does over the next 2 months first. Also, I'm not sure if DM will neccesarily sign him. He may seem him as a stop-gap until the window re-opens, particularly as we've been linked with other attacking and left-sided players.

I seem to be in the minority with regard to Pearson and imo he wasn't anything like MoM. That should have gone to Albert, Fontaine, Skuse or Kilkenny. They all put in better performances than Pearson.

I thought he was ok but not anything special and based on that one game he'd have to impress more than he did to earn a City contract in January.

Certainly was impressive yesterday, seems to play a similar role to Robson at Boro. In addition to his creative work he also could have scored but hit it straight at Grant, not shown in the highlights for some reason (along with Marv's volley).

Been a bit wary of signing loanees ever since the Dinning debacle, not saying Pearson is comparable to Dinning though !

I seem to be in the minority with regard to Pearson and imo he wasn't anything like MoM. That should have gone to Albert, Fontaine, Skuse or Kilkenny. They all put in better performances than Pearson.

I thought he was ok but not anything special and based on that one game he'd have to impress more than he did to earn a City contract in January.

I thought he had a great game,slotted in well,looked like he been in the team a lot longer than one game.

SKUSE MOM by a mile.

Think there is more to come from Pearson well done that man,excellent debut.

I find myself agreeing with RR. Scary.

I think Albert should have won it myself.

Certainly was impressive yesterday, seems to play a similar role to Robson at Boro. In addition to his creative work he also could have scored but hit it straight at Grant, not shown in the highlights for some reason (along with Marv's volley).

Been a bit wary of signing loanees ever since the Dinning debacle, not saying Pearson is comparable to Dinning though !

I just tweeted Adam Baker about Pearson's shot and Marv's volley, he says he'll put them in now

Maybe not MOM but he was better than "OK". Lets not forget the bloke has only played 1 competitive game all season. He is lacking match practice and fitness.

Considering the extremely low expectations you had of him and the fact that you had already pretty much wrote him off before he had kicked a ball, I would have thought you would have been pretty happy with his performance.

Good solid start, better than anyone could have expected, plenty of energy and helped to get the team on the front foot as well as the goal and assist.

I don't think this guy will ever be able to impress you because you have already made up your mind.

Try looking at the positives - he is costing nothing but wages, we have nobody like him in the squad, he has got off to a great start contributing to our first home win this season and if that doesn't continue, we can always send him back in January.

I don't think this guy will ever be able to impress you because you have already made up your mind.

Try looking at the positives - he is costing nothing but wages, we have nobody like him in the squad, he has got off to a great start contributing to our first home win this season and if that doesn't continue, we can always send him back in January.

All I'm saying is that Pearson didn't impress me as much as he impressed some others but that doesn't mean that I've made my up about him. How could anyone form a fixed opinion after just 70 mins of football?

Sure he's not 100% match fit and is basically on trail until January and that's an arrangement that suits us and him. That said, I would want see better performances from him when he gets match fit on a consistent basis before thinking about signing him.

I said this to my mates yesterday - good game by Pearson but is he a Dinning or a Caulker????

Kilkenny man of the match for me, closely followed by Skuse. Pearson looked very useful indeed and hope for more of the same to come. One thing I would say though is that if I was Marv I wouldn't be giving that goal up without a fight....didn't look to me seeing it several times on the tv that Pearson got anything on the ball for his goal. There seemed to be no change in trajectory or pace at all, but just his being there seemed to unnerve the keeper and maybe led to it!

What it says to me with all these different names being named for mom is that we are starting to play as a team,

So long may it last, onwards and UPwards.farmer.gif

Kilkenny man of the match for me, closely followed by Skuse. Pearson looked very useful indeed and hope for more of the same to come. One thing I would say though is that if I was Marv I wouldn't be giving that goal up without a fight....didn't look to me seeing it several times on the tv that Pearson got anything on the ball for his goal. There seemed to be no change in trajectory or pace at all, but just his being there seemed to unnerve the keeper and maybe led to it!

I thought Marv headed it into Pearson which is why the keeper was going the other way?

100% agree - i did raise an eyebrow when i heard pearson claimed MOM, he had a decent game with good contribution but there were others who deserved it more so,at times he looked a shade of the mark but the guy hasnt played in a while so i wasnt expecting too much, skuse was immense AGAIN ! (my MOM) :worship2:

Having the pleasure of living in Scotland for 6 years during his spell at Celtic, I can honestly say he's a class above Kilkenny. I like killer and he had a good game at the weekend but if we can keep Pearson fit and healthy, I think he's a Caulker!

Breath of fresh air having two creative players as well as Marv int he middle..the amount of times we have had to many defensive players in there. The game was so much quicker and enjoyable...I honeslty cannot see how we will fail to beat enough teams to stay up with this attacking threat.

Archived