IGNORED

The Best And Worst Ever Player For City?

Lew - T

So who in your opinion, who was the best and worst ever city player? and your reasons why? Also I know alot of people will say atyeo but please put him as your best if you have actually seen him play.

The best player in my eyes was Gerry gow - He made the midfield and was like a engine! top bloke aswell! one of my all time favourite players for city.

My worst has got to be Bas savage - I remember we were at home to yeovil and he was one on one with the keeper and fell over! and instead of the fans cussing, there was laughter all over the stands :laughcont:

So who in your opinion, who was the best and worst ever city player? and your reasons why? Also I know alot of people will say atyeo but please put him as your best if you have actually seen him play.

The best player in my eyes was Gerry gow - He made the midfield and was like a engine! top bloke aswell! one of my all time favourite players for city.

My worst has got to be Bas savage - I remember we were at home to yeovil and he was one on one with the keeper and fell over! and instead of the fans cussing, there was laughter all over the stands :laughcont:

Not again.................................facepalm.gif

surely marcus stewart was worse?

OK so this question's been asked before but as I have never responded I would say:

Best - Alan Walsh - no pace but always seemed able to get a vicious left footed shot in.

Worst - Patrick Agyeman (however you spell it) - I had seen him play for QPR before so thought he could be useful loan but what a lazy lump and an utter waste of a place. Baz S was hopeless but at least he tried.

I'd probably say Tinman, consistently performed to a very high level, technically very gifted.

Walshy and Jordan were also extremely gifted and Joe could really head a ball.

Worst, Ben Wright, Ian Baird.

Worst keeper, look no further than "Deano".

on a par with phillips

I'd probably say Tinman, consistently performed to a very high level, technically very gifted.

Walshy and Jordan were also extremely gifted and Joe could really head a ball.

Worst, Ben Wright, Ian Baird.

Worst keeper, look no further than "Deano".

I think thats a tad harsh tbf. I would say SP was worse than deano..

Bore off RR. Not like there's much to talk about this week and despite it being done to death you felt the need to open the thread and reply. Anyway, best has to be super scott for me, grew up watching him destroy full backs! And worst is probably bas for obvious reasons closely followed by Andy smith.

John Atyeo was just before my time.

The best player in my 40+ years is a difficult one as there are 2 in the frame. Only because he was in the team for longer, Gerry Gow just shades it. He was a tremendous footballer. In the days when tackles were tackles he was as tough as any player I've seen and his heart and passion epytomised the team of that era. All to often he is thought of as just a hard man, but his game was much more than that. He could run at defences, could see a pass and be a playmaker and he chipped in with a fair few goals.

Gow shades it from Paul Cheesley, only because Cheesley's City career was cut so short. Cheesley in full flow was a something else and I think the very best striker I've seen at City in my time. He had everything - power, pace, strength and good in the air. When he was on his game, which he usually was, defences just couldn't cope with him and I have little doubt that but for his injury he would have played at the very top of the game.

Worst ever player is a very long list over 40 odd years, but I think Baz Savage must be in the frame if only for the comedy value - the funniest worst player.

on a par with phillips

What!? Dont let Phillips' attitude blind you in his ability as a goalkeeper. Phillips was a very good goalie for us and if he could command his area would of played top championship or maybe lower prem. Don't forget he relegated the rovers by saving a pen, which automatically make him one of our best goalies ever.

Archived