IGNORED

Gillespie Signs

Bristol Boy

well he cant let roberts go, not after the end to his season, cant let miller go, imo the best striker, and hes nly just joined, lita is a prospect for the future, cant let him go....................and peacocks contracts out in the summer

but it is wilson we are dealing with here

anything could happen

well he cant let roberts go, not after the end to his season, cant let miller go, imo the best striker, and hes nly just joined, lita is a prospect for the future, cant let him go....................and peacocks contracts out in the summer

but it is wilson we are dealing with here

anything could happen

Well done City for making this signing at the perfect time to motivate the other strikers! Nothing like a bit of healthy competition.

Call me cynical, but does no one else find the timing of this a bit strange?

Surely he had no reason to sign before Monday, unless DW gave him an ultimatum to do so.

But perhaps its because no one else actually made a decent enough offer to sign him or we offered way above the odds provided he signed before we knew which Div we will be playing in next season.

So is this a good bit of business for us or not?

Dont get me wrong I am delighted we have got him as from what I have heard he seems a talented lad and I know we will be in Div 1 next season, but I just find the timing a bit strange - more from his point of view than ours to be honest.

competition next year is going to be incredibly tough! Lee Miller, Lee Peakock. Christian Roberts, Leroy Lita and now gillespie! thats five 1st division strikers!
You forgot the hotshot Matthews!

Feel really sorry for Mathews, the few times I have seen him play (fully fit), he looked great, Not scoring at Rovers when he went on load and then not managing to grab a regular first team spot at Yeovil sounds bad.

Call me cynical, but does no one else find the timing of this a bit strange?

Surely he had no reason to sign before Monday, unless DW gave him an ultimatum to do so.

But perhaps its because no one else actually made a decent enough offer to sign him or we offered way above the odds provided he signed before we knew which Div we will be playing in next season.

So is this a good bit of business for us or not?

Dont get me wrong I am delighted we have got him as from what I have heard he seems a talented lad and I know we will be in Div 1 next season, but I just find the timing a bit strange - more from his point of view than ours to be honest.

I can see where you're coming from there but I reckon if we DO stay down then the extra money for Gillespie's contract will be made up by releasing one of the other strikers.

The other point, of course, is that there is no longer silly money available at Div 1 and Prem level for unproven home-grown players, as clubs prefer to sign known quantities. SG may well have not received another firm offer as yet, and there's only two months to go before new contracts start (July 1st I believe). You could say he's taking the view that he's joining a club with some superb players whose one glaring deficiency is not scoring enough goals - which is where he will come in.

Good Good. He seems like a good player but will he play in the first team straight away if we are in the first or the second division?

I reckon if we are in the second division he will play straight away but if we are in the first division (which we will be) he may have to wait.

And I reckon he will be number 17 when Lee Matthews gets released

Archived