IGNORED

Gillespie Signs

Bristol Boy

Call me cynical, but does no one else find the timing of this a bit strange?

Surely he had no reason to sign before Monday, unless DW gave him an ultimatum to do so.

But perhaps its because no one else actually made a decent enough offer to sign him or we offered way above the odds provided he signed before we knew which Div we will be playing in next season.

So is this a good bit of business for us or not?

Dont get me wrong I am delighted we have got him as from what I have heard he seems a talented lad and I know we will be in Div 1 next season, but I just find the timing a bit strange - more from his point of view than ours to be honest.

My guess behind the timing is so that Gillespie can prove to the club and the fans that he is 100% behind the club, rather than what was originally being said about regarding only signing if we got promoted.

He has now shown to me that he feels City are the right club for him and hopefully there will be a few more that see things the same as he does during the summer.

And obviously there is also the chance that he seen 20,000 Cider heads going mental after the Hartlepool game and has decided he would like to help us have more times like that. :sub:

Guest bristolbred

Liverpool released him because he didn't fit into Houliers plan!!. :speechless3:

Houlier must of known for weeks that he was going!!. :speechless20:

Maybe Gillespie was waiting to see if a new manager would be interested??. :sport19:

or,

He just realised that City MAY be going places, and that if he didn't act now, he could end up playing for the likes of Tranmere!!. :me?:

Let's hope that we get the best out of him when he plays first team football next season.......................................................................................................

In Division 1.!!. :sub:

;):o

listening to the interview on world, he signed here because of danny and the fans - so 3 cheers for both. We didn't blow it, we did have first option and the manager, the club and the fans impressed him :)

Archived