IGNORED

Tins Testimonial

Dave L

Guest bristolbred
They asked Newcastle to play at Ashton Gate, But they said no !

Newcastle!!. :laugh:

Isn't that a small town in Scotland, just above the Village of the "Monkey Hangers!". :laugh:

Bring on the Pompy!!, be good to see Jim Smith at the "Gate!". :laugh:

:laugh::blink:

Mind you though, i didn't think Harry Redknap wanted to come back here after previous treatment by fans with regard to his car accident?. :)

Now I don't mean to sound too negative for all the obvious hard work that Dave L and the committee have put in to arranging Tinnion's testimonial, but were Portsmouth really the biggest team we could have got ?

It was mentioned that there were five teams prepared to play against us, were Portsmouth really the most attractive to us?

Take out all the fans of Bristol City who will hopefully turn out for Tinnion, surely to appeal to the nutural fans a bigger team could have been chosen.

After all, this game has been talked about for well over a year now !

The thing that was a shame was that this game was announced first then it was added that this would be Tinnion's testimonial game. It should have been announced straight away as being the designated match. It almost sounds like someone else pulled out, then changed it to this fixture instead.

What was the delay in announcing this game as the Testimonial match?, it seems strange there was a delay between announcing the fixture and announcing this would be Tinnions night.

Are there any other events lined up? After attending both the previous nights in the Red 'N' white bar, just wondering what else was planned? will Tinnions "Year" run to 31/12 or does it end before then? :)

You raise some good points.

The prime motivation for the committee was to raise as much money as possible for Tins and give him a well deserved pay day. I don't really want to go into the ins and outs of which other teams might have been available, and how the Portsmouth game came to be chosen. That's all water under the bridge now. Rest assured, we looked at all the various options in some detail, and decided that this was the best one.

Tins benefit year ends in Feb 2005, when we plan to have one final big bash to set the seal on what we all hope will be a great year for Brian.

Niall Quinn is a great example to use.

He donated his "Testimonial Money" to a childrens charity !!!!

Natcher

All money raised from Tins testimonial year will go to Brian. This has been made clear from the start.

If you have a principled objection to this, then I respect that. No-one is forcing you to attend any of the events which we have organised. However, if you are keen to give to charity, then I'm happy to inform you that we will be making a bucket collection on the night of the Portsmouth game on behalf of the Multiple Sclerosis Centre in Nailsea.

I look forward to receiving your donation.

Maybe you might even volunteer your services to collect on the night, as we are actively looking for helpers.

Archived