IGNORED

Southampton Crowd

Red Robin

With the greatest of respect how did you buy tickets for the bigger games before the tickets were sold on the internet?

I appreciate that you have a preferred way of doing things but sometimes in life we have to make little sacrifices & from the way you describe it the club phoned you, apologised (?) and offered you a chance to purchase tickets there & then. Not ideal for you, but it appears from the outside looking in that the club at least tried to make up for the limitations within their system.

Ok the club does miss out on 2 ticket sales but I fear you are the one that will miss out more if today's match ends up being a classic.

I guess it is a point of principle for you now?

As you say, a matter of principle and I will be back, just not for this game.

COYR!

It will not be the same as Leeds. Even though the Southampton fans on forums appear arrogant, they have a bit more common sense and know the risk that comes with coming and making a bit of a show in our ends. No problem if they sit in our ends and keep silent but start acting up and we know what will follow ..........

I am with you CityMann, mine was just an impulse thing to buy tickets online for tomorrows game, I know I can't really afford it but can just knock £30 off the missus' xmas present so thought what the hell. Its much more discreet to buy tickets online than to make the phone call when your work in an office and should be doing work, also its quicker and easier to purchase online especially when everyone is phoning up.

Anyway this is nothing to do with preventing Saints fans in the home end it is purely to get more money for membership, myself and CityMann are quite clearly not Saints fans as we have previous purchase history with the club. I think the Club has dropped a bollock on this one.

I am with you CityMann, mine was just an impulse thing to buy tickets online for tomorrows game, I know I can't really afford it but can just knock £30 off the missus' xmas present so thought what the hell. Its much more discreet to buy tickets online than to make the phone call when your work in an office and should be doing work, also its quicker and easier to purchase online especially when everyone is phoning up.

Anyway this is nothing to do with preventing Saints fans in the home end it is purely to get more money for membership, myself and CityMann are quite clearly not Saints fans as we have previous purchase history with the club. I think the Club has dropped a bollock on this one.

But if your not a member, how do you expect the online system to know your purchase history? They are playing it safe, and rightly so.

But if your not a member, how do you expect the online system to know your purchase history? They are playing it safe, and rightly so.

You have to have an account to purchase online.

This account shows your purchase history which I can view anytime I log in.

The club also know this history.

They can see that my online account has been activated for god knows how long and I used to be a ST, I can see why they are doing it but for a club £12 million we should be doing all we can to sell tickets. I am sorted with a ticket now so doesn't bother me too much, but just seems a bit silly!

They can see that my online account has been activated for god knows how long and I used to be a ST, I can see why they are doing it but for a club £12 million we should be doing all we can to sell tickets. I am sorted with a ticket now so doesn't bother me too much, but just seems a bit silly!

It wont seem so silly when a southampton fan gets seriously injured in the home end, and then we get the blame

It wont seem so silly when a southampton fan gets seriously injured in the home end, and then we get the blame

But I am obviously not a Southampton fan as there has been plenty of purchase history on my online account! I can understand why they would do it for new customers but people who have existing accounts it is just silly. The club have just used this as an excuse to force people to purchase membership.

But I am obviously not a Southampton fan as there has been plenty of purchase history on my online account! I can understand why they would do it for new customers but people who have existing accounts it is just silly. The club have just used this as an excuse to force people to purchase membership.

But you dont need a membership, you can just ring up or buy at the ground

Archived